Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2020 1:49 pm  #601

Re: AltHL Legacy

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Well I feel a bit better about losing to Chicago knowin they won the whole thing. But how did Chicago do it? They were nonexistent for a decade and then decided they want a cup all of a sudden?

Portland decided we wanted to make an alliance with the city so we gave the championship to Chicago. Unfortunately, we do not understand how alliances work in sports and now our fanbase thinks it's a rival.

Teams that Portland sees as rivals
Halifax
New York 
Chicago

Teams that see Portland as rivals

Team that maybe should be considered a rival
...Boston?

I'll see Portland as a rival. I don't have a team, per se, but me, personally. I'll be your rival.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/03/2020 1:51 pm  #602

Halifax
New York 
Chicago

...Boston?

Lol, ok.

Teams that Toronto sees as rivals
Montreal
New York

Teams that see us as rivals
Montreal

Teams that could be considered rivals in the near future
Calgary
Vancouver

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/03/2020 4:19 pm  #603

I'll jump in on this as well

Teams that Minnesota sees as rivals
Winnipeg
Calgary

Teams that see us as rivals
Winnipeg
Calgary

Teams that could be considered rivals in the future
Vancouver
Chicago
Denver

7/03/2020 4:25 pm  #604

Congrats to Chicago! Came out of seemingly nowhere! 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/03/2020 4:38 pm  #605

Dan O'Mac wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Well I feel a bit better about losing to Chicago knowin they won the whole thing. But how did Chicago do it? They were nonexistent for a decade and then decided they want a cup all of a sudden?

Portland decided we wanted to make an alliance with the city so we gave the championship to Chicago. Unfortunately, we do not understand how alliances work in sports and now our fanbase thinks it's a rival.

Halifax
New York 
Chicago

...Boston?

I'll see Portland as a rival. I don't have a team, per se, but me, personally. I'll be your rival.

Dan O’Mac

Thanks, Dan. I updated the list. Hopefully one day the Portland fans sees you as one too. If any team could see themselves in a rivalry with an individual it would be Portland. So odds are in your favor.

7/03/2020 9:07 pm  #606

CHI-CA-GO! CHI-CA-GO! 

That's my team! Knew we wouldn't be down-and-out for too long. One Adams Cup down, many more to go! I'll definitely have to make a sig sometime soon. 

As far as "Rivals", Chicago recognizes most regional teams as rivals. We also accept Portland's crazy rivalry. A fan poll ran by the Ghosts' office reveals a stunning disdain for another in-division team: the Charlotte Racers.

7/03/2020 9:27 pm  #607

WithaCapitalG wrote:

CHI-CA-GO! CHI-CA-GO! 

That's my team! Knew we wouldn't be down-and-out for too long. One Adams Cup down, many more to go! I'll definitely have to make a sig sometime soon. 

As far as "Rivals", Chicago recognizes most regional teams as rivals. We also accept Portland's crazy rivalry. A fan poll ran by the Ghosts' office reveals a stunning disdain for another in-division team: the Charlotte Racers.

*Jordan takes off headphones* Huh?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/03/2020 9:33 pm  #608

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Halifax
New York 
Chicago

...Boston?

Sure why not, we beat you guys in the first Addams Cup, we've held that same intensity against y'all ever since.

Teams NY sees as rivals:
Boston 
Philadelphia
Portland

Teams that see NY as rivals:
Portland
Boston and Philadelphia (Darknes or Balu can comment on whether or not this is true)

Teams that could potentially be NY's rivals:
Toronto
Montreal

7/04/2020 8:59 pm  #609

I’d say the New York/ Philadelphia rivalry has cooled a bit since we haven’t been as good the last few seasons, but the games are would still be more intense and physical than other regular season games.
Same would go for Philly/Boston

Only the written records of his travels survive.

7/04/2020 9:03 pm  #610

I just realized that us and Portland have not really had that visible of a rivalry. It’s SF and LA that have been fierce.

Or we have and I just forgot about it.

Board footera