Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2022 10:39 pm  #1

Welcome to PUCH

Hi stranger, you've wandered in by accident? No worries, we're welcoming and generally hospitable. Most of the time. You're wondering what the heck this place is? We get it. Looks weird for sure. Let me break it down for you:

• This is a new original fictional hockey series by Steelman.
  • This series will be simmed and organized by Steelman.
  • This series will include community participation in the form of supporter's fan clubs and prospect scouting.
  • Community members will have an opportunity to join a hockey club as a fan and commit to be involved in team decisions. Team fan clubs will periodically be given scenarios or situations where they can vote or give input to influence team decisions and league matters.

There are a few other things you may need to know (AKA the fine print):

• All decisions by the league commissioner are final. This series includes and welcomes fan feedback but at the end of the day, it's still a series created and managed by Steelman and his fictional character Edward Earl Emerson for his own fun and benefit. You as a fan do NOT own any teams and are only given opportunity to add input and influence team and league decisions.
  • Should there be any situations among fans that cause disturbance or are otherwise detrimental to the series, Steelman will remove that fan from access to league documents and any further input. 
  • This is a series to have fun and do something new and unique. It is meant to be creative and light-hearted while maintaining some level of seriousness and general realism. Things like friendly rivalry banter, strategy against other teams, creative names for players and people, ideas on creative direction, and even a little competitive spirit are encouraged. However, please remember this is fictional and not to be taken too seriously.
  • Upon choosing a team, you agree to support that team and give input on its decisions for a full season. You may change team support at any time but you must finish out the remainder of the current season for your current team before selling your shares and buying into a new club. A club commitment is considered in good standing until otherwise stated or the member is removed from the club by the league commissioner.
  • Club members may message the league commissioner (me, Steelman) via Discord or AHS PM with any questions or relevant information at any time. All I ask is that you refrain from spamming me or bombarding me. I will always take notes and get back to you if necessary.
  • The series fan supporter side of participation is open to AHS members only. If you are not a member of AHS, please register at before deciding to join a fan club. Any non-AHS members will not be accepted. Anyone may comment or give feedback on this topic and all communication is welcome.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way (what'd you expect, Emerson is an accountant) let's get to it.

Welcome to PUCH!
Up Next: How it all begins

==== PUCH LINK CENTER ====

- New Club Initiation
- PUCH Scouting HQ
- Fan Center Team HQ

=====================

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/14/2022 10:41 pm  #2

Re: Welcome to PUCH

Welcome to PUCH.

The year is 1981. The hockey world has been on fire. The WHA was recently merged into the mighty NHL and a young Wayne Gretsky was lighting up the league. North America's largest cities had suffered population losses but sports continued to grow strong. Cooperalls had been introduced to professional hockey. Ronald Reagan had been elected president and was determined to contain Soviet expansionism. The Oakland Raiders were preparing to battle with the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl. The New York Yankees were on a collision course with the Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series. The Boston Celtics and Houston Rockets would meet in the Finals. The Space Shuttle would go into space. Blondie had two songs in the Top 10. Dallas was the #1 show on TV.

Let's back up a minute.

A young businessman from New York named Edward Earl Emerson had seen his hockey career cut short by injuries. Emerson had finished his accounting degree and found himself climbing the corporate ladder on Wall Street. But he was unfulfilled. He started to play local amateur hockey with friends who felt similarly. With his great organizational skills, Emerson gathered enough hockey players around New York to create a competitive league that soon outgrew itself and even the city. Soon he had real sponsors. Soon players from all over North America were asking Emerson how they could participate in his league. That was when Emerson decided to go for it and build and launch a semi-professional league from scratch. It was a Herculean task but he was confident it could be done successfully.

Emerson dreamed up a new league model that would include fan support and supporter's clubs that would help finance and manage each hockey club in the league. It was working across the pond in the UK in soccer and Emerson felt it would work in North America in a rapidly growing sport like hockey.

In the beginning of 1981, Emerson went on the recruiting trail to find potential owners who would be willing to embrace the new model and finance new teams. He found more than two dozen businessmen who were excited about the league. Emerson whittled the pool down to 10 strong candidates and decided to jumpstart the league with 10 original hockey clubs. The league would begin play on New Year's Day in 1982.

While the new owners were busy securing sponsorships and arenas for their teams, Emerson found a graphic artist to create identities and uniform designs for the 10 new clubs. Emerson hoped that strong identities would help forge a strong league as it weathered growing pains and financial hardship to become a success.

With more than 300 players signed up to enter the inaugural league draft, Emerson recruited hockey coaches and scouts to join the league. He set up a league headquarters in his hometown New York City and prepared introduce the new league and reveal the new hockey clubs to curious fans around the globe.

There was just one question left. Who would be joining these hockey clubs?

Up Next: The first hockey club is revealed

3/14/2022 10:44 pm  #3

New hockey league, LFG!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/14/2022 10:50 pm  #4

I'll have you know that I'm only pronouncing this name like "puke." this should be fun tho! can't wait to see where the ride takes us

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/14/2022 10:53 pm  #5

This sounds like a lot of fun Steel, and a very unique idea. I hope things will run smoothly and you can put out a really unique project. Excited to see these designs.

3/14/2022 10:58 pm  #6

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

3/15/2022 2:49 am  #7

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I'll have you know that I'm only pronouncing this name like "puke." this should be fun tho! can't wait to see where the ride takes us

I think it's sounds more like the word pooch.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

3/15/2022 3:06 am  #8

FC Macbeth wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I think it's sounds more like the word pooch.

For the record I pronounce it "puck" but I've come up with at least 5 creative ways to say and I think that will be part of the fun with this league. I encourage wackiness!

3/15/2022 3:08 am  #9

PUCH Lands a Sponsor Too

Before Edward Earl Emerson could schedule a press conference to reveal the first hockey club, he announced some excited news for the fledgling league. PUCH uniforms and apparel will be sponsored by New Balance, a rapidly growing shoe and apparel company based in Boston. New Balance wanted to break into a new market and chose PUCH to test their athletics brands.

PUCH is elated to land such a big fish and is excited to collaborate on hockey sweaters and gear with them. Emerson said that NB will help produce a lighter hockey jersey using their nylon technology that they have engineered originally for runners.

3/15/2022 9:21 am  #10

Steelman wrote:

PUCH Lands a Sponsor Too

Before Edward Earl Emerson could schedule a press conference to reveal the first hockey club, he announced some excited news for the fledgling league. PUCH uniforms and apparel will be sponsored by New Balance, a rapidly growing shoe and apparel company based in Boston. New Balance wanted to break into a new market and chose PUCH to test their athletics brands.

PUCH is elated to land such a big fish and is excited to collaborate on hockey sweaters and gear with them. Emerson said that NB will help produce a lighter hockey jersey using their nylon technology that they have engineered originally for runners.

New Balance unis, a different but sweet new direction to go!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera