Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 11:11 pm  #191

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Man, it seems like it was forever ago when we had another Central team join us. Welcome to the club!

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/29/2020 11:25 pm  #192

Wow, I'm gone for five hours to play some Smash and four picks happen without me! Glad so many people are satisfied with their picks, hopefully we can get those last two picks we need in tomorrow. If you had asked me which three teams would be last before the draft, I would've said Birmingham, Miami, and Arizona, but I only got one right here. Never would've guessed that Dallas and Kentucky would be joining the Scorpions in the bottom three, but JHA and Balu are some lucky people! I wonder who Rugrat would've picked had he not been penalized by the league. It might've completely changed the shape of the draft.

6/29/2020 11:27 pm  #193

QCS wrote:

Wow, I'm gone for five hours to play some Smash and four picks happen without me! Glad so many people are satisfied with their picks, hopefully we can get those last two picks we need in tomorrow. If you had asked me which three teams would be last before the draft, I would've said Birmingham, Miami, and Arizona, but I only got one right here. Never would've guessed that Dallas and Kentucky would be joining the Scorpions in the bottom three, but JHA and Balu are some lucky people! I wonder who Rugrat would've picked had he not been penalized by the league. It might've completely changed the shape of the draft.

He's from AZ and talks about them and Chicago a lot. The Cyclones were gone pretty quickly, so I'd have to imagine he'd've picked the Scorpions. Kinda funny that he might still get them.

6/29/2020 11:28 pm  #194

Love seeing the South finally filled out, Welcome everyone.

6/29/2020 11:36 pm  #195

sportsfan7 wrote:

QCS wrote:

He's from AZ and talks about them and Chicago a lot. The Cyclones were gone pretty quickly, so I'd have to imagine he'd've picked the Scorpions. Kinda funny that he might still get them.

Oh, yeah. Quick last-second predictions: JHA goes with Dallas, Balu takes Kentucky, and Rugrat ends up with the Scorpions. Wild, never would've expected the Stallions to go 23rd (or 22nd, or 24th).

Wallflower wrote:

Love seeing the South finally filled out, Welcome everyone.

I believe you still have the Bandits available. Actually, the North is the only complete division (I completed them at 16). 

EDIT: Forgive me, somehow missed JHA's announcement. That finished the South, first picked at 2 (Wallflower, Orlando), last picked at 22 (JamHeronArk, Dallas). They become the second finished division, after the North (6, Darknes, Boston; 16, QCS, Carolina). This leaves the Central (Kentucky) and the West (Arizona) left.

Last edited by QCS (6/29/2020 11:38 pm)

6/29/2020 11:45 pm  #196

I could use some help in resizing my new signature down to actually be fully visible.

Plus I hope Balu takes Arizona here.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (6/29/2020 11:46 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/30/2020 1:55 am  #197

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Sorry to disappoint...

Only the written records of his travels survive.

6/30/2020 2:15 am  #198

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I could use some help in resizing my new signature down to actually be fully visible.

Hey send me the original graphic if you need it resized, I'll add the league graphics into something better:

If anyone else wants a double league sig, I'd be happy to put some together.

Last edited by Steelman (6/30/2020 2:28 am)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/30/2020 5:50 am  #199

@ Steel, I would love a double league sig!  

Overall, this draft definitely surprised me in a lot of ways.   How teams like San Antonio, Dallas, and St. Louis were around at the end of the draft is beyond me, (I know I predicted the latter two to be around a while, but that was just me winging the mock draft).    But I think as it's been said, that just shows the level of quality the AltFL has!  This was a really great time!  

Lol @ sportsfan7 for possibly the best of the press conference!  Also, Miles, I don't think you'll have to worry about this Stickman causing you so much grief over controversies.  Is he the same as the AltHL one or are they actually different people?  Who knows!

6/30/2020 8:07 am  #200

I'd be down for one Steel. Whenever you can.

Board footera