Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2019 12:17 pm  #21

Re: Torland Soccer: COTA Super League - 1971 Introduction

Love the logo for Alko, hopefully the argyle pattern will get emphasized on the kits in the future.

10/08/2019 3:01 am  #22

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

That Sandy Pale set is too good! The River Runners are my favorites, they might be who i route for!

Thanks! I'm not supposed to play favorites but they're one of mine as well.

Section30 wrote:

Love the logo for Alko, hopefully the argyle pattern will get emphasized on the kits in the future.

I had to scale down the original kits to something more era appropriate so don't fear, it'll get plenty crazy in the future!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/08/2019 3:21 am  #23

Misty City SC

SUPER LEAGUE
Inaugural Member

Taking their name from Alko's nickname of the “Misty City” from the rising fog of the large fast-flowing river which also bears the name, Misty City SC is an established club situated in the Sangas district of Alko right up on the west bank of the river. Alko has long had a reputation as a place of spirituality with numerous monastaries and places of worship in the areas along the rivers and hills. Indeed, Alko has a mysterious and mystical vibe to it that has persisted even with the massive influx of population and overcrowding. One of the most well-known and popular old monasteries sits on the Misty River nearby the club's own Sangas Stadium and took design cues of their architecture from the revered old hall. The club has always been known as the Monks, when several of their original players were members of the monastery. Established in 1948, the club is now owned by Edward Blodgett, a local Alko businessman. The team has always been stable and well-run and well-attended, seeing quite a bit of success amongst higher competition. Dan Hamilton coaches the Monks and is one of the longer-tenured coaches in Torland soccer, a testament to both his longevity as a coach and how the team prides itself on consistency. With a fresh wave of players to combat a recent downturn, the Monks are excited about striker Caleb Cain and a trio of nice defenders in prospects Marcus Ward and Alan Lloyd who are captained by Saul Evans.

The Identity

The Monks have always featured some combination of brown, red and yellow in their looks. Their crest is relatively unchanged since their inception, with a shield that features the Old Monastery, their signature Establishment Bull (scroll) and a wrapped banner with the club name. The home kit was recently updated to an all-white version which shows off their unique sleeve stripes as well as on the shorts. The striped collar is a mixed bag for the fans, but some appreciate the history of it. The clash kit brings back an old original team look with the brown shirt and the unique shoulder striping which is paired with red shorts with a yellow waistband in something of a garish combination.

Up next: We complete the tour of the four teams in Alko with a visit to the inner city

10/08/2019 12:22 pm  #24

Very unique color scheme for Misty City, but I really dig it.

10/09/2019 4:27 pm  #25

I'm digging Misty City! Love the colors.

10/10/2019 10:34 am  #26

I like the colors and the sleeve stripes a lot. It is a very sharp team, but I would like clarification. Do the brown and yellow line on the collar continue onto the back all the way around or is it meant to be cut and look like a V making two separate lines on the back and the front?

10/25/2019 2:10 am  #27

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I like the colors and the sleeve stripes a lot. It is a very sharp team, but I would like clarification. Do the brown and yellow line on the collar continue onto the back all the way around or is it meant to be cut and look like a V making two separate lines on the back and the front?

Good eye. They continue around but I had some trouble figuring it out in the template and left it as-is for now.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! Last Alko team coming up soon, just gotta finish up some of these write-ups to continue.

Board footera