Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2019 10:51 pm  #11

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

I like all the teams and colors and I thought Baltimore looked great until New York came along and their logo gave the same exact feel as the Baltimore team. I know they are different, but I think with only so many teams they would all strive to be unique in the coming years when they realize how similar they are. Then again, most teams looked pretty similar at this time so I would say it’s appropriate at the moment and I’m just nitpicking. Anyway, that’s a nice shade of red for Baltimore, it really pops!

9/13/2019 10:56 pm  #12

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I like all the teams and colors and I thought Baltimore looked great until New York came along and their logo gave the same exact feel as the Baltimore team. I know they are different, but I think with only so many teams they would all strive to be unique in the coming years when they realize how similar they are. Then again, most teams looked pretty similar at this time so I would say it’s appropriate at the moment and I’m just nitpicking. Anyway, that’s a nice shade of red for Baltimore, it really pops!

I see what you mean, but I have some more detailed logos planned for mid 50's, I kind of imagine the Cannons logo as more of a place holder they use, as if they don't really have a true primary logo. I'm glad you like Baltimore!

9/13/2019 11:18 pm  #13

I’m looking forward to it, and another series on the board that has me constantly checking the site all day! *presses like button on your post*

Also, the site whacked out when I tried to post this so if it’s posted three times that’s my bad.

9/13/2019 11:30 pm  #14

Real solid work on all of the first three teams! Especially glad you gave Boston something easy to get behind; I really like that look. New York is charmingly simple, though I'm sure I'll get around to hating them sooner or later. Go Gaels!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/14/2019 12:29 pm  #15

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I’m looking forward to it, and another series on the board that has me constantly checking the site all day! *presses like button on your post*

Also, the site whacked out when I tried to post this so if it’s posted three times that’s my bad.

Thanks for the kind words! And your post seems to be fine so don't worry.

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Real solid work on all of the first three teams! Especially glad you gave Boston something easy to get behind; I really like that look. New York is charmingly simple, though I'm sure I'll get around to hating them sooner or later. Go Gaels!

I too really like the Gaels identity, I struggled to come up with a Boston team name, it was the last identity I think I made, but I think it might also be my favorite!

Next up we'll see the Philadelphia Hornets! The Philadelphia Hornets were founded as an expansion team to the NFA in 1921. Originally nicknamed the Colonials, they changed names after the famous Hornet Nest Game. A game which, against the New York Cannons, ended after only 3 quarters due to a hornets nest being broken on the sidelines and the Cannons coach and several players had to be hospitalized after the swarm attacked them, triggering allergic reactions. Thankfully nobody died. Outside of that incident the team was never truly memorable. They do have one NFA championship to their name. But outside of that they were constantly mediocre. After the folding of the NFA, the team joined the Pittsburgh Ironmen in the Champions Football Association.

C&C Appreciated!

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (9/15/2019 12:06 pm)

9/14/2019 12:57 pm  #16

Awesome story for Philly's name! I always love how early team names were inspired by team culture and not just marketing. Every team looks great, though I feel like Philadelphia could use a slightly darker yellow. Great work so far!

9/14/2019 1:30 pm  #17

This is off to a great start! Baltimore, Boston, New York, and Philly are all looking good so far.

Go Bulldogs!

9/14/2019 8:40 pm  #18

While NY has a nice basic set, I really think just one other element added to the logo would make it feel complete even for the era. Like a line or some kind of inner shape of the cannon added in negative space or even underneath horizontally. Just a little something would really sell it there.

Love the backstory for Philly! Excellent there. I agree with QCS, I think the yellow should either be softened or darkened, currently seems too bright for the era but otherwise a great set. (Example color: PA sign)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/14/2019 10:45 pm  #19

QCS wrote:

Awesome story for Philly's name! I always love how early team names were inspired by team culture and not just marketing. Every team looks great, though I feel like Philadelphia could use a slightly darker yellow. Great work so far!

Steelman wrote:

While NY has a nice basic set, I really think just one other element added to the logo would make it feel complete even for the era. Like a line or some kind of inner shape of the cannon added in negative space or even underneath horizontally. Just a little something would really sell it there.

Love the backstory for Philly! Excellent there. I agree with QCS, I think the yellow should either be softened or darkened, currently seems too bright for the era but otherwise a great set. (Example color: PA sign)

Philadelphia's sleeve stripes were beige-ish/a worn out faded yellow on my computer screen. But I checked on my phone and it seems like a much brighter yellow. So I made 2 versions, I dropped the yellow on one, and darkened it to an almost athletic gold on another, let me know what you think!

I've updated theoriginal post to represent the changes.

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (9/15/2019 12:07 pm)

9/14/2019 10:51 pm  #20

Penultimately we have the Pittsburgh Ironmen!
The Pittsburgh Ironmen were founded in 1925 and played for the NFA. They, just like their Pennsylvanian counterpart, were mediocre and assumed only one NFA titled. Nicknamed after the hardnose metal industry, they were a famously rough and dirty team. After the original NFA went down they joined the Hornets in the CFA. Then joining the roster of teams set for the NFA as soon as they were asked, just like Philly.

C&C Appreciated! Only one team left to go!

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (9/14/2019 11:07 pm)

Board footera