Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2020 8:03 pm  #91

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

Stickman wrote:

Darknes wrote:

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Looks like auto-draft forgot what a good defense was...

I am happy with my offense and goalie corps, however.

The AutoDraft was going off basically who had scored the most points the previous year..which can explain some of the decisions of the AutoDraft from the AltFL

Lol, I actually made all but my first 2 picks and still went by the points only approach (hoping this helps as like a few people here, I'm pretty ignorant with hockey.... you will all laugh but I actually have only watched 1 NHL game....... ever)

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've never watched a game outside of the playoffs, and I've only watched like a handful of playoff games.

Fingers crossed I don't make too big of a fool of myself, I'm trying to learn it a bit.

12/06/2020 9:44 pm  #92

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Darknes wrote:

The AutoDraft was going off basically who had scored the most points the previous year..which can explain some of the decisions of the AutoDraft from the AltFL

Lol, I actually made all but my first 2 picks and still went by the points only approach (hoping this helps as like a few people here, I'm pretty ignorant with hockey.... you will all laugh but I actually have only watched 1 NHL game....... ever)

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've never watched a game outside of the playoffs, and I've only watched like a handful of playoff games.

Fingers crossed I don't make too big of a fool of myself, I'm trying to learn it a bit.

Pst I know my owner and fans proclaimed that we were bitter rivals as a result of one lopsided series from about 15 years ago, but feel free to use a resource. I’ve put too much money and time towards this sport to do nothing with it, so I’d love to answer questions. Spent 3 years playing college hockey and currently coach high school and I need more outlets to talk about hockey since my beer league has been postponed due to COVID. That offer goes to any owner or fan of the AltHL, btw..... maybe not my division....

I played football in high school, but never followed the league. Thankfully, Steelman and Wallflower helped me make sense of the NFL, so I thought I’d pay it forward.

12/06/2020 10:27 pm  #93

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Pst I know my owner and fans proclaimed that we were bitter rivals as a result of one lopsided series from about 15 years ago, but feel free to use a resource. I’ve put too much money and time towards this sport to do nothing with it, so I’d love to answer questions. Spent 3 years playing college hockey and currently coach high school and I need more outlets to talk about hockey since my beer league has been postponed due to COVID. That offer goes to any owner or fan of the AltHL, btw..... maybe not my division....

I played football in high school, but never followed the league. Thankfully, Steelman and Wallflower helped me make sense of the NFL, so I thought I’d pay it forward.

Also I’m another good resource, I went to my first hockey game as a 2 month old, started playing at 4 years old, and currently make an ass of myself in beer league games.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

12/06/2020 10:43 pm  #94

I really only started following hockey more in depth until a couple of years ago, though I do remember watching the Pens as a kid. JCR's short-lived hockey experience helped me get deeper into the different decades of players and stats. I spent a lot of time on Hockey Reference to try to keep up. (Highly recommend their site!)

Scratch has definitely been a huge resource for learning the game and players. I really enjoy watching hockey now that I understand the game within the game. It's also helped my understanding for developing the Torland Hockey League. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this foray into fantasy hockey goes!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/21/2020 4:34 am  #95

January 13th boys and girls! 

12/21/2020 6:00 pm  #96

The Minnesota Loons are proud to announce our official roster for the start of the 2020/21 AltHL season. Players in black jerseys are in the starting lineup for the first day of the season, white jerseys are on the bench, and red jerseys are the goaltenders.

Some players will be wearing a different number than what they wear in real life to accommodate for other players with that number as well as retired numbers. The Loons have 5 retired numbers (Stevens' 4, Gionta's 14, Elias' 26, Niedermeyer's 27, and Brodeur's 30). Filip Forsberg will wear number 8 rather than 9 with Provorov taking it, Forsberg wore number 8 with Milwaukee in the AHL. Kaprizov will be number 77 rather than 97 with Captain McDavid keeping his number. Charlie Coyle goes back to 3 like he had with the Wild to let Mathew Barzal keep 13. And finally Justin Faulk will keep 72 like he has with the Blues rather than going back to 27 with 27 being retired by the team.

Can't wait for the season to start so we can finally get this thing going, Go Loonies!

12/21/2020 9:09 pm  #97

Nice roster!

12/23/2020 11:41 am  #98

Section30 wrote:

The Minnesota Loons are proud to announce our official roster for the start of the 2020/21 AltHL season. Players in black jerseys are in the starting lineup for the first day of the season, white jerseys are on the bench, and red jerseys are the goaltenders.

Some players will be wearing a different number than what they wear in real life to accommodate for other players with that number as well as retired numbers. The Loons have 5 retired numbers (Stevens' 4, Gionta's 14, Elias' 26, Niedermeyer's 27, and Brodeur's 30). Filip Forsberg will wear number 8 rather than 9 with Provorov taking it, Forsberg wore number 8 with Milwaukee in the AHL. Kaprizov will be number 77 rather than 97 with Captain McDavid keeping his number. Charlie Coyle goes back to 3 like he had with the Wild to let Mathew Barzal keep 13. And finally Justin Faulk will keep 72 like he has with the Blues rather than going back to 27 with 27 being retired by the team.

Can't wait for the season to start so we can finally get this thing going, Go Loonies!

Awesome graphic! I'm working on mine. I am also still upset with the Loons for taking Carter Hart two picks before I was going to. 

12/23/2020 5:46 pm  #99

Tough break for the Big Horns...Kucherov out for the season following hip surgery. 

12/23/2020 5:57 pm  #100

Gritty wrote:

Tough break for the Big Horns...Kucherov out for the season following hip surgery. 

*sigh*

Board footera