Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2020 11:15 pm  #91

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

KC going 8th is not surprising, they were a team I had up there on my list. I'm glad Burmy got the Mallards. And I really hope he drops some "Ducks Fly Together"s on us.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/28/2020 11:21 pm  #92

Gritty going with Philly keeps some of the safe picks in line..but we don't really have an idea on CapitalG..so we're in for a surprise..

6/28/2020 11:27 pm  #93

I feel like San Antonio can't drop much farther. It seemed like it was a really well-liked identity. I'm just going to pick them for everyone until they are picked now.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/28/2020 11:31 pm  #94

Darknes wrote:

Gritty going with Philly keeps some of the safe picks in line..but we don't really have an idea on CapitalG..so we're in for a surprise..

I've learned that being unpredictable is your best ally. That being said, I'm here for the chaos of the rest of the draft.

6/28/2020 11:32 pm  #95

ThisIsFine wrote:

Steelman wrote:

And there goes a chalk pick with Milwaukee. I honestly have no idea where Gritty is leaning. Maybe his hometown Philly?

ThisIsFine wrote:

Snitches get stitches, and d*cks get last picks.

I'm going to assume you're attempting humor here, but with how this day has gone I would be very careful with your language. Let's keep things nice and friendly. Thanks.

Yeah, okay.

No worries Steel, when play begins, he won’t particularly enjoy me.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/28/2020 11:33 pm  #96

I feel like the draft has been somewhat predictable. I don't know how accurate my mock draft has been (I'll check later), but the only real surprise for me was Utah going so high. However, I can definitely see the appeal.

I'm glad a few of my favorites are still on the board as well. I can already tell I'm going to have to make a tough decision!

6/28/2020 11:37 pm  #97

I got LA or Toronto falling next, If I'm not mistaken, ThisIsFine has connections to both those cities?

6/28/2020 11:39 pm  #98

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I got LA or Toronto falling next, If I'm not mistaken, ThisIsFine has connections to both those cities?

Get Eddie Haskell on the phone, we’re probably gonna Leave it to Beaver.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/28/2020 11:42 pm  #99

Just for those who were curious, I had Boston, San Diego (My Family is incredibly Veteran heavy, so I kinda feel the connection to the identity there) and Dallas were my top 3. I do like some creativity in uniforms..but when it comes down to it, I'm a traditionalist at heart.

I think Fine is going between LA, Toronto and San Antonio.

6/28/2020 11:43 pm  #100

Programming note: ThisIsFine reached out and said he had to go to bed so he will pick in the morning.  That means we have concluded DAY 1 of the Owner Draft.  Believe it or not we are ahead of the AltHL's pace.  

Board footera