Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2020 4:50 pm  #1531

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Hmmm... St. Peter still has a chance to lose to La Crosse...

5/28/2020 5:43 pm  #1532

JamHeronArk wrote:

Hmmm... St. Peter still has a chance to lose to La Crosse...

I'm lowkey hoping both teams make it just to see the chaos that would ensue lol

5/28/2020 5:59 pm  #1533

What I'm hoping for: Us beating the Redbirds for the Cup.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/29/2020 9:38 am  #1534

Whoa, it’s been months now, but I’m back! Time to binge read the last several dozens of pages I’ve missed.

May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st

5/29/2020 5:15 pm  #1535

Four first-timers in the Super Series...I LOVE IT! 

Congrats especially to the Govs for FINALLY making it...pray you don't have to play my Brewers in the semis.

5/29/2020 5:24 pm  #1536

1976 Kellogg Cup Super Series Playdowns

Duluth Voyageurs vs Sioux Falls Packers
Two teams about as far apart as you can get were set to start off the 1976 Super Series at Met Center. The Voyageurs got off to a slow start, looking a bit nervous in their first Super Series appearance. This allowed the Hogs to jump out to an early 2-0 lead. Duluth would get on the board 6:35 into the second to make it a game. The atmosphere was electric as these two battled for chances. Sioux Falls capitalized on a Voyageur turnover to give themselves a 2 goal lead heading into the third. Duluth gave it a good push in the third, getting a couple chances, but being unable to convert. The Packers put this one away with a rocket from the point that beat the Duluth goalie, knocking off le bleus with a 4-1 win to advance.

Edina Cake Eaters vs Fridley Foxes
The shock of the Playdowns was the incredible game in net by Fridley goalie Michael Dahlquist who made a whopping 47 saves against the feared Edina offense to lead his team to an incredible 2-1 overtime victory. Edina was in stunned silence after the Fox forward tucked the puck between the goalies legs to send Fridley to the Great Eight. Meanwhile Met Center erupted into a roar with Fridley players mobbing their goalie in celebration.

Marshall Pheasants vs St. Peter Governors
St. Peter was finally making their Super Series debut after years of playoff futility... Little did they know that they had only been delaying the inevitable. Marshall was able to play their brand of hockey all game long, putting up 5 to St. Peter's 1. The Governors are sent back to St. Peter with another heartbreaking loss while the Pheasants are moving on to the Great Eight.

Grand Rapids Moose vs La Crosse Brewers
The final game of the night was a classic with the Brewers and Moose fighting back and forth in a very even matchup. The Moose took the lead early, but La Crosse managed to claw their way back, down 3-2 after 2. La Crosse got a powerplay chance just past the midway point of the period, making Grand Rapids pay by tying the game at 3. You could feel the momentum swing at that point with the Brew Crew getting an extra jump in their step. The next few minutes were all Brewers and it was only a matter of time that one of the shots would squeak through to give La Crosse their first lead of the game. Grand Rapids came so close to tying it in the final 2 minutes, hitting the post once and having a rebound bounce over the stick on what would have been a tap in. Despite their best efforts the Moose could not tie it up, sending La Crosse to the Great Eight with a 4-3 victory.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

5/29/2020 5:35 pm  #1537

Wow, upsets! The Voyageurs lost and the Foxes won, that's great! Bring it on Marshall!

5/29/2020 6:07 pm  #1538

I want this Fridley story to continue!!! After making Edina choke on their cake again? They deserve this!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/29/2020 7:35 pm  #1539

St. Peter noped out before having to face the Brew Crew. At least Fridley is still alive.

5/29/2020 8:23 pm  #1540

Dan O'Mac share his thoughts:

After correctly predicting that the Packers would advance, they are matching up with the top team, the Twin Cities Vulcans. However, the Vulcans are virtually playing at home, and there will be no love for the boys for South Dakota. Vulcans take it.

After upsetting Edina, the Foxes take on the Monarchs. I felt the Cake Eaters were better than Winnipeg, so I'm going to pick the Foxes in an upset!

The Pheasants steamrolled the Governors, which just goes to show: no matter what I predict, the Govs will mess it up. I said it'd be close, and it was not. I'm going to pick the Redbirds over the Pheasants, and it'll be closer for the Pheasants this time around.

"Dan O'Mac's Matchup of the Week" is going to be the Victorias and the Brewers. It'll look good with the Vics in blue, and the Brewers in yellow. And it's going to be a close one. I didn't think they'd make it past the Moose, but now I'm fully on board. Don't doubt the gold jerseys. GO LA CROSSE!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera