Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/22/2020 2:16 pm  #291

Re: AltHL Legacy

The QCS Curse lives on

5/22/2020 3:43 pm  #292

Gritty wrote:

The Canadian Shield VII Finals

Joe Sakic the Chevs captain raises the shield after a great 5-game series win over the Kingfishers.  The Chevs win their first title - which helps the fans breathe a big sigh of relief.  They desperately want to keep paste with their rivals in Toronto.  

I know when I compete with rivals, I certainly want to keep paste with them too!   Haha, just messing, congrats on the title Chevs!  Also congrats to the Founders!   Racers..... well... I mean.... one of these years you're gonna win it all...... right?  

5/22/2020 6:46 pm  #293

With an offense like the one we have, you’d expect us to step up and SCORE!!! It’s been proven Barrasso is a Shooter Tutor in the playoffs!!!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/22/2020 7:28 pm  #294

Congrats to both Philly and Montreal Hoping we can win one again soon

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (5/22/2020 7:28 pm)

5/22/2020 7:37 pm  #295

Stickman wrote:

Gritty wrote:

The Canadian Shield VII Finals

Joe Sakic the Chevs captain raises the shield after a great 5-game series win over the Kingfishers.  The Chevs win their first title - which helps the fans breathe a big sigh of relief.  They desperately want to keep paste with their rivals in Toronto.  

I know when I compete with rivals, I certainly want to keep paste with them too!   Haha, just messing, congrats on the title Chevs!  Also congrats to the Founders!   Racers..... well... I mean.... one of these years you're gonna win it all...... right?  

Haha good catch..you can see where my brain was this morning.  The Chevs were honestly just trying to plug our Elmers Glue sponsorship.  

5/22/2020 9:26 pm  #296

Well, I got one team and one player as champs, so... Not bad I guess....

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/23/2020 2:14 am  #297

Meanwhile, the Owls are in a state of mediocrity. If only there is another star that would lead us back into contender-ship (if that's even a word).

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

5/23/2020 2:24 am  #298

Good series, Chevs. Congrats on your Shield!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/23/2020 9:13 am  #299

FC Macbeth wrote:

Meanwhile, the Owls are in a state of mediocrity. If only there is another star that would lead us back into contender-ship (if that's even a word).

You and me both. What team are you paired up with? Hopefully they'll get better like my Hurricanes will, eventually.

5/25/2020 11:16 am  #300

The 2007 Season

-IRL this season saw the two teams begin relocation processes.  The Winnipeg Jets, the league's smallest market team (after the Nordiques left to become the Avalanche) had increasingly tough financial situations amidst rising player salaries.  Phoenix Suns owner Jerry Colangelo lured the Jets to Phoenix where they became the Coyotes.  The Coyotes were a successful team on the ice for their first 6 seasons.  That season the Hartford Whalers (now, the league's smallest market) announced that they were going to be moving to greener pastures.  It was later announced that the Whalers would head to the research triangle in North Carolina.  They were to set up shop in Raleigh.  The Whalers dropped their name and colors in favor of the name - Carolina Hurricanes.  They would be red and black to mirror the NC WolfPack who also called Raleigh home.  Ironically, the Whalers left Hartford because of their small home arena.  They ended up with arena issues in their new hometown as well.  Their arena wouldn't be ready for their first two years.  The only other arena in the area was 5,200 seats so they had to play home games in Greensboro which was a 90 minutes drive away.  This caused a significant blow to the Hurricanes reputation and attendance.  Both teams struggled with attendance after their moves.  The Coyotes started as a more competitive team but the Hurricanes would eventually build a team that went to two Stanley Cups.  Perhaps the Bighorns time is around the corner.

The 2007 DRAFT (this was a pretty underwhelming opening round)
15 - Dainius Zubrus - Vancouver
56 - Zdeno Chara - Chicago
59 - Tom Poti - Portland
79 - Mark Parrish - Montreal
204 - Tomas Kaberle - Calgary

Honestly that was it...pretty rough draft.

Board footera