Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2020 7:57 pm  #1

NFL 2020 Onwards - An Alternate History

After Kansas City's success of the Superbowl... the world was set back with a literal plague known as the Coronavirus because of that the NFL literally had to prepare for the oncoming season, 32 teams now compete in a post virus infected sports world to win the Super Bowl at Tampa Bay.

-------

Welcome to an alternate history of the NFL presented by myself, normally I've always wanted to see what happens when a sports history started right now and then it goes into the future... to prepare for such a thing, I have designed all 32 NFL teams in the modern looks that currently have and it's going to deal with expansion teams, not relocation teams although that is optional.

((Teams will also be getting redesigned just like in real life, but with an extra bonus... it'll hopefully be fan driven with voting to determine who gets the rebrand or redesign. 

LIST

NFC
Cowboys - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Eagles - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Giants - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Redskins #1 - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Redskins #2 - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

Bears - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Lions - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Packers - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Vikings - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

Panthers - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Bucs - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Falcons - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Saints - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

49ers - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Cardinals - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Rams - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Seahawks - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

AFC
Bills - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Dolphins - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Patriots - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Jets - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

Bengals - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Browns - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Ravens - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Steelers - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

Colts - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Jaguars - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Texans - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Titans - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

Chiefs - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Broncos - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Raiders - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE
Chargers - HOME, ROAD, ALTERNATE

To begin with such a task, we begin with the NFC East.

DALLAS COWBOYS

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NEW YORK GIANTS

Hopefully this covers the rules because I am not sure.

Last edited by heavybass (7/19/2020 4:32 pm)

5/08/2020 8:15 pm  #2

Re: NFL 2020 Onwards - An Alternate History

While the presentation looks great, you'll need to add in some character-driven aspects of the storyline as well. Perhaps a new, younger commissioner or highlight some owners or players. Basically just add some story into the mix. A post-pandemic world offers many possibilities to explore. Literally just reading the headlines on ESPN gives plenty of fodder on what an altered league history could look like. Like what happened to spark a league-wide redesign and what are the new rules in effect moving forward as a league? I think you can really dive into those aspects. If in doubt you can consult the guidelines here or post a question. 

That being said, some thoughts on the designs. A small initial nitpick, is the rear jersey numbers should be bigger than the front ones. It's your choice, just something that always bothers me on presentations. Haha.

Dallas: With this story you have a chance to fix all the bad things about Dallas' color scheme and this one is still all over the place IMO. I think if you focused on the look of either the home or away and built a full redesign around one of them it'd feel much more complete.

Philadelphia: It feels a little plain. I think some sleeve striping would do wonders with the TV numbers up on the shoulders.

Washington: I think red sleeve cuffs would look better on the away.

NY Giants: You could use this opportunity to craft a matching home/away set. But obv they're pretty iconic as-is, albeit very plain.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/08/2020 8:29 pm  #3

I've always wanted to see a Cowboys rebrand where they embrace the current Away set colors.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/08/2020 8:33 pm  #4

I think if your trying to go from today on, I think using the current NFL uniforms would be a good idea, then starting next offseason you can update any uniforms, considering all brand updates that were slated to happen this offseason have already happened.

5/09/2020 3:51 am  #5

Steelman wrote:

While the presentation looks great, you'll need to add in some character-driven aspects of the storyline as well. Perhaps a new, younger commissioner or highlight some owners or players. Basically just add some story into the mix. A post-pandemic world offers many possibilities to explore. Literally just reading the headlines on ESPN gives plenty of fodder on what an altered league history could look like. Like what happened to spark a league-wide redesign and what are the new rules in effect moving forward as a league? I think you can really dive into those aspects. If in doubt you can consult the guidelines here or post a question. 

That being said, some thoughts on the designs. A small initial nitpick, is the rear jersey numbers should be bigger than the front ones. It's your choice, just something that always bothers me on presentations. Haha.

Dallas: With this story you have a chance to fix all the bad things about Dallas' color scheme and this one is still all over the place IMO. I think if you focused on the look of either the home or away and built a full redesign around one of them it'd feel much more complete.

Philadelphia: It feels a little plain. I think some sleeve striping would do wonders with the TV numbers up on the shoulders.

Washington: I think red sleeve cuffs would look better on the away.

NY Giants: You could use this opportunity to craft a matching home/away set. But obv they're pretty iconic as-is, albeit very plain.

Dallas - That's the plan at some point.

Philadelphia - D'oh I forgot the Eagle... I'll update asap

Washington - That will be updated.

NY Giants - A Giants fan mentioned that they've been wanting the team to get rid of the grey at some point, it's what I did in my original concept.... the Alternate will generate interest in said rebrand.

5/09/2020 4:36 am  #6

NFL Relaxes Guidelines

Ahead of a potentially shaky season, the NFL decided to relax the rules regarding the one helmet as from today, teams would be allowed to submit their own alternates that may or may not be retro themed, the Jets immediately jumped at the opportunity and discarded their disliked all black set and bringing back their 80's/90's themed kelly greens whilst the Packers brought back their 1950's look back with the gold and kelly green uniforms.

Commissioner and Owners Prepare for Reduced Season

The owners and the commissioner having already confirmed the decision that there won't be any International Games this year which put Shahid Khan, the Jaguars owner in a bind regarding future profits from the UK; they are also prepared to not have a less than profitable season despite the new stadiums in Inglewood ((Rams/Chargers)) and the Raiders moving to Las Vegas.... Stan Kroneke is also facing a potential lawsuit from St Louis that might bring the NFL back down to ground zero.

Players prepared for potential loss of season

The NFLPA has told the media that they see a potential reduced season should coronavirus numbers rise up again, with potentially some matches being played behind closed doors... all players involved are prepared to go to make the most out of it.

5/09/2020 8:21 pm  #7

With some backstory stating that the current NFL is prepared for a less than profitable season... we may as well move onto the next division in the NFC... the North.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

CHICAGO BEARS

DETROIT LIONS

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

The league will also be annoucing that they will be dropping the requirements for rebrand/redesign so that teams may change in 3 years instead of 5 years.... with any team being allowed to make minor changes to their kit regardless of their waiting period.

The two worst offenders of this aka the Bengals and the Cardinals make long overdue minor changes that will eventually factor their eventual rebrand at the end of the season.

Last edited by heavybass (5/19/2020 7:22 pm)

5/09/2020 9:47 pm  #8

Unfortunately, your images for the NFC North aren't appearing for me.

5/09/2020 11:57 pm  #9

Same here

5/10/2020 12:19 am  #10

I can see them but I can't go to the source file, seems some permissions are off with Google. You might try Imgur instead for hosting the images.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera