Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2020 11:42 am  #281

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

Hey Gritty, you put Calgary for the Winnipeg entries of Shaw Park and Red River

4/22/2020 12:08 pm  #282

Wallflower wrote:

Hey Gritty, you put Calgary for the Winnipeg entries of Shaw Park and Red River

Thanks for catching it so quickly. I updated it on both the polls and graphics.

4/22/2020 1:13 pm  #283

Wallflower wrote:

THUNDER BAY OSPREY - WPG Arrows AAA

Finally, I have finished the design for Thunder Bay!
Not sure if I will design the Bobcats for a bit, so instead of waiting, here is the Osprey.
Also, thanks for all the feedback on the logo earlier, and feel free to give me your thoughts on the jerseys. 

To explain the logo with an Osprey they typically have a strip from their eye down the side of their face and I wanted that to be a lightning bolt and bringing thunder and lightning into the brand. The blues are the now old Chargers colours, and a slightly lighter shade of gold than the Chargers. The alts are pretty simple. 

For the jerseys, I was originally going to have way more lightning and they were going to be more over the shoulder but I thought "let's not look like a replica of the Chargers". I think it works well and is different while not too wild. The Alt was also gonna go in the direction of wild but just ended up going throwback style but Its a solid look. 

A lot of Springfield Thunderbirds like vibes in this design, I like it a lot! I think the bolt jersey striping might not look right in use running down the whole arm. If you flipped them vertically and restricted them to only the shoulder area you'd have a cool phantom yoke thing made out of lightning bolts. After that I wouldn't know what to do with the arms. The hem is nice, maybe just move that to the arm. Either way, great package you have here.

4/25/2020 3:52 pm  #284

AltHL Fans!

It is with great excitement that I announce the 2020 AltHL Outdoor Games.  Now that we have our three games it is time to design the logos for each of the events.  Remember the logos should not reflect the team but rather the LOCATION that they are being held.  You have until next Saturday to submit your designs to the EMAIL account.  We will then share the poll.  

In the meantime, the host teams...Boston, Seattle and New York must reach out to their ideal opponent for each events.  Once you have your opponent you are more than welcomed to make the announcement.  From then you are to design (or seek help) to design your new uniforms.  If you send them to me I will 3Dify them.  The Arctic Classic uniforms should be traditional/throwbacky, the Civic Series can honor the participating city's with a modern approach, and Atlas uniforms should be culturally appropriate for the host nation.

As for the results below...the Civic Series was the closest.  Central Park narrowly beat out Rideau Canal and Boston Commons.  The Arctic Classic was a race between Seattle, Minnesota and Denver.  The Atlas Championship was not all that close as many people are excited to see the Rovers head oversees.  

Last edited by Gritty (4/25/2020 3:54 pm)

4/25/2020 10:28 pm  #285

There's only one choice for me in regards to opponents, Steelman! Ready to bring the 'Fishers to their ancestral home? Also, I'd love some help with Uniforms, though I already do have an idea for the Rovers.

Last edited by Darknes (4/25/2020 10:29 pm)

4/26/2020 10:39 am  #286

Darknes wrote:

There's only one choice for me in regards to opponents, Steelman! Ready to bring the 'Fishers to their ancestral home? Also, I'd love some help with Uniforms, though I already do have an idea for the Rovers.

The Halifax Kingfishers would be honored to participate! Shoot me a message with your design ideas and I'll see what I can work up.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/26/2020 11:59 am  #287

I'm proud to announce that the New York Gargoyles will take on the Philadelphia Founders in the first ever Civic Series!

With permission from Balu of course.

I chose Philadelphia because it's one of New York's two prominent geographical rivals. Boston had Atlas Championship anyway.

4/26/2020 9:41 pm  #288

The West Coast rivals of Seattle and the San Francisco Dragons have agreed to participate in the Arctic Classic.

4/26/2020 10:10 pm  #289

CCLXXXVII wrote:

The West Coast rivals of Seattle and the San Francisco Dragons have agreed to participate in the Arctic Classic.

I can confirm...it'll be a LOVELY matchup for the "Seventh Man" to witness.

I hope the winning designer can base the Wolves' jerseys off Hawks ones and my Drags' jerseys off Niners ones (Maybe I'll enter myself and have that be the theme).

4/30/2020 2:19 pm  #290

Any chance of Ottawa getting a team? Count me as a hopeful Valley boy...

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera