Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2020 9:11 am  #271

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

Update:

The Terriers have decided to relocate their Civic Series bid to a temporary rink at Nathan Phillips Square to comply with AltHL bidding rules.

They have also narrowed down their Atlas Championship to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/21/2020 9:00 pm  #272

THUNDER BAY OSPREY - WPG Arrows AAA

Finally, I have finished the design for Thunder Bay!
Not sure if I will design the Bobcats for a bit, so instead of waiting, here is the Osprey.
Also, thanks for all the feedback on the logo earlier, and feel free to give me your thoughts on the jerseys. 

To explain the logo with an Osprey they typically have a strip from their eye down the side of their face and I wanted that to be a lightning bolt and bringing thunder and lightning into the brand. The blues are the now old Chargers colours, and a slightly lighter shade of gold than the Chargers. The alts are pretty simple. 

For the jerseys, I was originally going to have way more lightning and they were going to be more over the shoulder but I thought "let's not look like a replica of the Chargers". I think it works well and is different while not too wild. The Alt was also gonna go in the direction of wild but just ended up going throwback style but Its a solid look. 

Last edited by Wallflower (4/21/2020 9:37 pm)

4/22/2020 12:50 am  #273

The Founders place bids for the Atlas Championship and the Civic Series.
The Civic Series would be held at Independence National Historical Park with Independence Hall as a backdrop. Because Founders. 
For the Atlas Championship, the Founders' bid is for Friends Arena in Solna, Stockholm, Sweden. 

Only the written records of his travels survive.

4/22/2020 4:21 am  #274

The Halifax Kingfishers would like to submit bids for the Civic Series and the Atlas Championship.

The Civic Series would be held at Halifax Commons. There is already a popular skating oval in the park and the city has already drawn up plans to install an outdoor rink in the future.

The Atlas Championship would be held at Eden Park in Auckland, New Zealand, the largest stadium in the country. New Zealand has a significant Scottish population.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/22/2020 5:52 am  #275

As a celebration of their French heritage, the Quebec Owls have submitted their Atlas Championship bid.

The Owls have chosen Parc des Princes as the venue for the special outdoor game. 'It's not that complicated,' said Macbeth. 'Everybody knows Quebecois were descendants of French settlers. It's a way to connect the two cities with the same language. I'm sure Parisians will be supporting us after the game,'

More details about the Civic Series are reported later on, although rumour has it will be held at Stade Canac. This ballpark was home to the Quebec Capitales of the Frontier League.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

4/22/2020 7:59 am  #276

Wallflower wrote:

THUNDER BAY OSPREY - WPG Arrows AAA

Finally, I have finished the design for Thunder Bay!
Not sure if I will design the Bobcats for a bit, so instead of waiting, here is the Osprey.
Also, thanks for all the feedback on the logo earlier, and feel free to give me your thoughts on the jerseys. 

To explain the logo with an Osprey they typically have a strip from their eye down the side of their face and I wanted that to be a lightning bolt and bringing thunder and lightning into the brand. The blues are the now old Chargers colours, and a slightly lighter shade of gold than the Chargers. The alts are pretty simple. 

For the jerseys, I was originally going to have way more lightning and they were going to be more over the shoulder but I thought "let's not look like a replica of the Chargers". I think it works well and is different while not too wild. The Alt was also gonna go in the direction of wild but just ended up going throwback style but Its a solid look. 

Awesome work! I like how you unveiled Thunder Bay the same day the Chargers unveiled their new uniforms.  The Chargers and Arrows both nailed it!

4/22/2020 8:36 am  #277

I forgot to make my bid for the Chevaliers.  We bid to host the Civic Series in Ottawa, Ontario on the Rideau Canal.  The Canal is known as the "The World's Largest Ice Rink" and would be a perfect spot to celebrate not only Montreal and its opponent but Canadian hockey.  

If you have a last minute submission send it out because I am getting ready to send out the polls and graphics.

Last edited by Gritty (4/22/2020 8:36 am)

4/22/2020 9:54 am  #278

Gritty wrote:

I forgot to make my bid for the Chevaliers.  We bid to host the Civic Series in Ottawa, Ontario on the Rideau Canal.  The Canal is known as the "The World's Largest Ice Rink" and would be a perfect spot to celebrate not only Montreal and its opponent but Canadian hockey.  

If you have a last minute submission send it out because I am getting ready to send out the polls and graphics.

Did you get my updated sumbmission?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/22/2020 10:33 am  #279

ThisIsFine wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Did you get my updated sumbmission?

Yes I did.  When I post everything just give it a quick check to make sure that I did it correctly.  

4/22/2020 11:17 am  #280

AltHL fans! 

For your voting pleasure we have the collection of bids for each of our three events.

The Arctic Classic Poll

The Civic Series Poll

The Atlas Championships Poll
https://forms.gle/X7WeCyRz1mh8ULpC6

Last edited by Gritty (4/22/2020 12:08 pm)

Board footera