Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2020 9:43 pm  #41

Re: AltHL Legacy

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Let's go 'Goyles. Let's blow the Sawblades out of the water like we did Denver! 
Coincidentally, the championship comes down to the team I thought I get in my mock draft, and the team I actually got, huh.

Me acting like I don’t know what happens: “Ah yes, New York, my most bitter rival. This one is personal.”

“The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland!”... I’m sorry I’ll be using that reference a lot in the next 10 years.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (4/09/2020 9:52 pm)

4/09/2020 11:02 pm  #42

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

“The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland!”... I’m sorry I’ll be using that reference a lot in the next 10 years.

Put a bird on it!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/10/2020 2:18 am  #43

Good series, Loons! Disappointed we couldn't extend to a Game 7. Four games decided by a single goal, including three OT games, could have sent the series in a very different direction. I'm leery of that kicked goal. But at least it was exciting!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/10/2020 4:33 pm  #44

Canadian Shield Finals - Winnipeg Arrows versus Minnesota Loons 

Game 1 - Seven hours due north of Minneapolis is Winnipeg, home of the Arrows and the site for Game 1 of the Canadian Shield Finals.  The Arrows superb offense had the Loons on the run in the early going of the game. However a fluke own-goal gave the Loons the 1-0 lead.  Kirk Muller and Ken Daneyko both scored for the Loons in the second to pace Minnesota to the win. Final Score - Minnesota 4 - Winnipeg 3. 

Game 2 - Shocked from a game 1 loss, the Arrows answered with an offensive explosion.  Scott Arniel and Rick Vaive scored as the barrage continued. Final Score - Winnipeg 7 - Minnesota 4. 

Game 3 - The Star Spangled Banner played before game 3 as the league’s only American team tried to take a 2-1 series lead.  Peter Stasny scored early for the Loons to set the pace while goalie Chris Terreri shut the door. Final Score - Minnesota 3 - Winnipeg 2 

Game 4 - Desperation was starting to set in for the Arrows in game 4.  For the second straight series the Arrows fell down 2-1 in the series. They were able to come back and beat the Wranglers, but how about the Loons? If you ask the Loons’ young star forward, Brendan Shannahan he would say no.  Shannahan scored twice and the Loons came within one game away from winning the Shield. Final Score - Minnesota 7 - Winnipeg 4. 

Game 5 - A raucous fan base cheered their Arrows on at the Coliseum.  The Arrows led by Dave Andreychuk put up another 7 goals against the Loons.  Final Score Winnipeg 7 - Minnesota 4. 

Game 6 - The series shifts back to Minnesota.  Another game and another chance for the Loons to take home the shield.  Everything looked good for the Loons as they took a 4-2 lead into the third.  An early power play goal for the Arrows brought the intensity in the TC Garden to a fever pitch. With time winding down and an empty net it was Pierre Turgeon jams home a rebound to send the game to overtime.  It was a topsy turvy start to the overtime period. The energy was palpable as the Loonatics knew they were just a goal away from becoming champions. The Arrows needed a goal to send the series back to the Peg for Game 7.  With 5 minutes to go in the OT Shannahan passed the puck off the boards onto the stick of Patrik Sundstrom. On the breakaway he deked once and twice and slid a backhand shot through the five hole to score the game winner. Sundstrom threw off his gloves, the crowd elated, and he is swarmed by black jerseys as the Loons claim the Canadian Shield. Final Score - Minnesota 5 - Winnipeg 4 (OT) 

Adams Cup Finals - New York Gargoyles versus Portland Sawblades 

Game 1 - In the Big Apple the Gargoyles were determined to bring home a championship to the New York faithful.  Gary Galley and Dave Christian opened up the scoring with two goals in the first. The Blades tied it up in the second with two goals of their own.  The third period was an exciting one with a combined 6 goals in the third period. It was the Gargoyles who outlasted the Sawblades. Final Score - New York 6 - Portland 4.

Game 2 - The Gargoyles desperately wanted to win game 2 to retain home ice advantage.  The story of this game was Gargoyle goalie Andy Mood who shut the door with 35 saves. Final Score - New York 4 - Portland 1. 

Game 3 - The Sawblades need to win both games in Oregon to keep their hopes alive in the finals.  Team leaders Mark Messier and Jari Kurri both tally and Bill Ranford keeps the Gargoyles off the board and the Blades win Game 3.  Final Score - Portland 2 - New York 0. 

Game 4 - The Blades wanted to keep the momentum after a suffocating performance in Game 3.  Portland’s defense continued their dominance. The Blades did just enough late in the game to add to the lead and win the game.  Final Score - Portland 3 - New York 1. 

Game 5 - Back at home the Gargoyles needed to get back on track.  A feisty game that saw a bevy of penalties minutes. With the series tied, a decisive game 5 was also tied going into overtime.  John Carter for the Gargoyles sent a fluttering wrist shot towards the goal and it was deflected by Craig Janney and the puck popped in just under the crossbar.  Final Score - New York 5 - Portland 4 (OT). 

Game 6 - With the Adams Cup in the building the Gargoyles and Sawblades played another ferocious game to the death.  The intensity gave a distinct advantage to the offenses. And in an offensive game the Gargoyles can’t be beat. The Gargoyles put up an impressive 8 goals, 4 of which in the second period.  The last minutes of the game were joyous for eager New York fans. Final Score - New York 8 - Portland 5.  

4/10/2020 4:48 pm  #45

Bravo Minne. Hopefully, we'll get another chance to top you.

The only thing is shouldn't the shield say 2000 champions?
Other than that I love all the graphics so far and the championship crests, good job Gritty!

4/10/2020 5:16 pm  #46

Thanks and good call on 2001.  And no that is not me telling the future.  

4/10/2020 5:21 pm  #47

Scouting Instructions For Upcoming Draft:
- Goalie

4/10/2020 5:37 pm  #48

Way to fight 'Goyles, good series HealthiestScratch! Feels good to have the last laugh though!

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (4/10/2020 5:38 pm)

4/10/2020 5:42 pm  #49

Patrick Roy, ladies and gentlemen!

Let me say it right then and there, the Dragons are going to be a team famous for their strong goaltenders...fitting for their name, as this dragon is a guardian for the Castle of the Nine Counties, (yes, "The Castle" is going to be the NCC's unofficial nickname)

4/10/2020 5:46 pm  #50

Loonies Baby!

Last edited by Section30 (4/10/2020 5:46 pm)

Board footera