Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2020 6:02 pm  #181

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Was Seattle your first choice all along or was one of the Ghosts, Titans or Chevaliers on your list before getting passed? (I'm actively inciting rivalries haha)

I actually wanted to pick Montreal first, and emailed Gritty back that I picked them, but my mind neglected to check the second page where I would have found that he had already done that. I then went for Seattle instead mostly because I wanted something sorta interesting.

As for rivalries, I can kinda taste a West Coast rivalry brewing between the Titans and Seawolves in the near future.

Yeah, I could definitely see the Los Aladdin Titans and the Seattle Seawolves being a really good rivalry!  

4/05/2020 6:25 pm  #182

Wow some big surprises half way through. The Chevs and Arrows are maybe the two biggest surprises, hopefully stuff keeps surprising me down the board and one of my teams gets left open for me.

4/05/2020 10:03 pm  #183

I will have to say.
The Chevs are picked unexpectedly.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

4/05/2020 10:25 pm  #184

Ok, I've been 6 for 10 on my mock draft so far, but at least 4 more are wrong so the best I can do is 10-8. No more surprises and I can make it, but that's probably not what's gonna happen given the surprising turn of events the last five picks have given us. Excited to get this moving along, hopefully we can finish tomorrow!

P.S. Gritty, what's the font you use for league images? It's an excellent font and I'd love to use it for personal projects.

4/05/2020 10:27 pm  #185

Yeah it's a good one.  The font that I use as the main AltHL font is the University of North Dakota font.  I got it from somewhere for free.  I'd just google it and you'll find it.

4/05/2020 11:47 pm  #186

Did someone order fresh rivalry? I’ll bake it fresh for you all.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (4/05/2020 11:52 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/06/2020 12:10 am  #187

Oh shoot! brb, grabbing that jumbo popcorn now!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/06/2020 12:14 am  #188

Steelman wrote:

Oh shoot! brb, grabbing that jumbo popcorn now!

*signature Edgeworth bow* Would you have expected it from anyone else?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/06/2020 5:30 am  #189

Wooo, doggy!  Yeah, I definitely think things got mighty interesting with Charlotte off the board!  

On the bright side for QCS, there's still some really good options left on the board for him to consider (including 2 Central Conference teams if we're really looking to get the rivalry going)!   

Definitely have to agree that there's been a few surprises.  For me, not knowing everyone's preferences before the draft started, it's more a shock of a couple teams being picked when they did and especially over a couple teams that are left still.   Seriously, a couple people are gonna get some steals here!

4/06/2020 8:49 am  #190

Well then.

That's quite the shocker to wake up to!
These stories also are getting better and better with each pick.

Board footera