Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2024 8:27 pm  #21

Re: The AltHL Season 2024

I will third this motion

10/09/2024 1:37 pm  #22

Welcome everyone to the start of the 5th AltHL Season!

One element that we had voted on during the offseason was the addition of minor league players. With that said, the mechanics of implementing that has been wonkier than expected. Therefore we are going to make some moves to ensure that this season is not bothered in any way. 

1. A MINOR PAUSE We are going to push the roll out of the Minors until next year - at that point we will have the bugs worked out. Before we decide to go down that road we will have another vote to engage the voice of all owners. 

2. WHAT'S NEXT? Not many people have added minor league players so far...so this transition will not be difficult. We will be eliminating the minor league spots on Fantrax. I will be adding two roster spots to everyone's rosters so that teams who leveraged draft capital this year can keep 2 minor leaguers if they would like to. There are not many teams who have more than 2 minor leaguers at this time so this should be minimally invasive. Other teams can use those spots to add waiver wire players - you're welcome.  If you would like to move minor league players to one of those two spots please email Gritty at althockeyleague2020@gmail.com by Sunday, October 13. At that point I will add the roster spots and move those minor league players to their correct spots. 

Once again sorry for the way that this rolled out - we had some Fantrax issues that knocked us off of our desired plan. If you have any questions let me know! Have a great season everyone. 

ALSO if you are interested in submitting designs for this year's events we are accepting them now. We are having our All Star game in Alaska and our Legacy Classic in Halifax this year. Submissions will be due next Wednesday, October 16. 

Last edited by Gritty (10/09/2024 1:51 pm)

10/09/2024 1:55 pm  #23

Excited to start a new season on the road against a rival. 

10/13/2024 11:59 pm  #24

It really is a new season. Edmonton went into Sunday against Halifax with a lead, and didn't blow it! Despite the Kingfishers finishing as the second-highest-scoring team on the week, the Wildcats finished as the first-highest-scoring team and came out with the W. It's a small sample size, but this team looks pretty good. The road doesn't get any easier, though, as the next team coming to northern Alberta was the third-highest-scoring team this week, as the Toronto Terriers visit the Hard Hat. Waiting to greet them will be star C Jack Eichel, who scored once, but shared the puck a lot, racking up six assists, and came through on defense with three blocks. #WhatTeam #ClawsUp

10/14/2024 9:24 am  #25

Happy Monday everyone! Good first week of the Regular Season. As you know we are doing away with Minor League players for this year. I have moved requested players to their NHL- Rosters. I am NOT able to take players off of your team. If you still have minor leaguers on your roster please drop them ASAP. Once all teams are compliant I will take away that option on Fantrax. Thanks for your understanding! 

Board footera