Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2022 4:14 pm  #11

Re: AltBA Season 2022

Giants will try to make the playoffs legitimately. I’m back.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/14/2022 4:43 pm  #12

abqsolutely

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

8/14/2022 4:59 pm  #13

Today, Basketball Stickman arrives at his press conference, carried on his throne, by his muscular, sweaty, bare chested Gator Boyz, (Whose names I've totally forgotten by now), the Crockettes, (who are totally not a Rockettes rip off at all, no way) and his personal assistant, Nancy the Leprechaun.   

"Today, we are all pleased to announce that, for another year, the New Orleans Revelers are here....... TO PARTY-GRAS!!!!" 

Last edited by Stickman (8/14/2022 5:02 pm)

8/14/2022 9:21 pm  #14

Hammer? I bar-

Pittsburgh is ready to return.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/15/2022 8:46 am  #15

In it to get it!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/27/2022 6:11 pm  #16

Thank you everyone for checking in to our second season of the AltBA. The AltBA was a big experiment during our first season. For the first time ever we decided to split the league into two separate leagues to make sure we didn't dilute the talent pool too much. But after a year of being apart the overwhelming consensus was that we wanted to be back together (how sweet!) 

With that said, there are a number of complications in regard to our keepers and rosters from last season. Merging the two leagues will be a challenge with multiple teams having claims to the same players. I believe the best (and simplest) solution to our problem will be to start with blank rosters and the draft order is determined by order of finish from last season. The best teams have higher picks. This is not a perfect solution and it hurts the better teams. From then on we will proceed like a normal keeper league. If we go with this option we will have no need for keepers this year. 

I am open to suggestions however. I want to avoid a huge public debate. So please email me a solution that you think we can use to proceed. Then we will vote on all of the possible solutions. 

Right now, the Draft is schedule for Saturday, October 15. The season begins the following week. 

9/27/2022 6:40 pm  #17

Would have considered coming back if we knew what we were doing before roll call was due..... I really don't understand why commitment was necessary prior to that being resolved. I would have happily taken the first overall pick if I knew I would receive it. Oh well, goodnight Atlanta.

10/10/2022 6:26 pm  #18

Time for the 2022 AltBA Season! 

We have some updates and a poll to vote on. I appreciate your patience. As I said we have a lot of leagues getting off the ground this fall and we are learning that each of them needs more lead time. In the future we will have league owner meetings to voice ideas to improve the league. The tradeoff will be that we have multiple leagues starting the same week, unlike the staggered approach of this year. With that said we have a week until the league starts on 10/18. 

Our draft will be MONDAY, OCTOBER 17 @ 8 PM ET - This will give us some time to set up the league and vote on how we want to merge the two leagues. 

1.) Alignment 

Eastern Conference 
South Division --> BAL, ATL, CLT, NOR
North Division --> IND, NY, BOS, LOU

Western Conference 
Central Division --> DEN, MIN, ABQ, KC
West Division --> LA, HON, SEA, VAN

2.) Schedule - shoutout to QCS for helping create the schedule for this season. 

Teams will play an 18 game regular season.
6 games in division (2 per team)
1 game versus every other team in the league

3.) Merger Plan - shoutout to IDM for suggesting these options for us to deliberate between. I have asked him to share some thoughts on the options (not campaigning but explaining) if people have questions. 

Linked here is the (Merger Plan) features 5 options of ideas to fairly merge the two leagues. The problem is that there are players that are on multiple teams. How do we compensate fairly the teams who had built solid rosters? Options range from starting from scratch to compensatory picks. I will leave the vote open until Wednesday. If there is an overwhelming winner we will pick that option. If there is more of a split we will have a second poll that will run on Thursday. Either way that will give us the weekend to prepare the league for the draft on Monday. 

***Please note that once we select our method of merging we will provide an in depth look as to exactly how it will work. 

Looking forward to another great season! 

10/10/2022 6:51 pm  #19

I have a couple questions I would like to be clarified before I cast my vote:

1. For the "Random Assignment" options, is that randomly deciding between the two teams that have a player? Or is it assigning any given player to any given team?
2. Again for the "Random Assignment" ones, how would you determine who got the player during the first go-round, before those 'points' have been given? My preference would be to default to the better team as a reward for performing well last season.
3. What order would the players be assigned? I'd think that starting with most points earned and going down makes sense but I want to make sure.

10/10/2022 7:13 pm  #20

QCS wrote:

I have a couple questions I would like to be clarified before I cast my vote:

1. For the "Random Assignment" options, is that randomly deciding between the two teams that have a player? Or is it assigning any given player to any given team?
2. Again for the "Random Assignment" ones, how would you determine who got the player during the first go-round, before those 'points' have been given? My preference would be to default to the better team as a reward for performing well last season.
3. What order would the players be assigned? I'd think that starting with most points earned and going down makes sense but I want to make sure.

1. The Random Assignment options would both only be dealing with players that are claimed by two teams, and those players would be guaranteed to go to one of those two teams, deciding on a player-by-player basis. In hindsight, "Random" is probably a bad word - you could certainly do it randomly, but I'd rather do it in a manner that tries to ensure a little bit more fairness between teams.

2. Your preference is my preference too. (In fact, I think I said as much in the option 2 blurb.)

3. I think that descending order of points makes the most sense as well. For clarification - you may see references to draft order and/or draft position, which is because I was basing my research on the draft to get an idea of how much of an overlap there would be (thanks to Dan O'Mac for compiling that data to begin with!), but obviously given how much changed over the course of the season last year that doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera