Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2022 6:42 pm  #1

AHS Turns 3! WHAT.

Congrats, we're three years old! That means we've reached peak cranky toddler stage and we're willing to scream, kick, gouge, and pout our way to successful manipulation techniques. Just kidding. We're all too old for that, right? Geeze, don't make me answer that question! Kidding as well. I think.

What it actually means, is that this community started three years ago and has morphed and grown just like any community. We're small but powerful and we're ready to move into the next stage of life. In case you forgot, BaluTheBare created this forum and we've hammered out an existence as we all learned how to do this thing and grew as a community and turned into something more like a family.

I love it. And I'm incredible grateful for y'all.

For our 1-year anniversary, I pitched a bunch of ideas and questions for the community with growth in mind. Little did we know, Covid was just beginning to kick our asses and we'd all end up on Discord like a bunch of homeless orphans just trying to survive. We bonded. We laughed, cried, joked, argued, and eventually, became a family.

Well, two years later, here we are. We've expanded our moderation team and we've seen really positive results in the community at-large in 2022. With that in mind, I believe now is the right time to expand and grow our brand as we evolve. We have a ton of ideas in mind already. Among the many front-line things currently in the works is moving this forum to our own site and server with a custom domain name. I am still working through the logistics of making this happen but the show is on the road, as they say. It will take some money to get it started and I will share those details soon so that our community has an opportunity to help fund the things we need.

We will be rebranding to better fit our community and all the things we do here. We will be expanding into new territory such as social media, podcasting, advertising, special community projects, design contests, more fantasy sports, and more stuff that we've been creatively dreaming about. But at the core of our community is what we all truly love; and that is fictional sports. 

This is basically a big teaser for things to come, but I also want to assure the community that our core value of fictional sports and leagues will remain in the forefront. That's who we are and I don't want to ever lose that about our community.

I hope you're getting excited for new things on the horizon! In the meantime, I'd love to hear your thoughts about this community, anything and everything, good or bad. If you feel more comfortable, feel free to PM me privately. We're all about transparency and honesty here.

On behalf of Balu and the Mod Team, Happy 3rd Anniversary to AHS!

Steel

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/20/2022 7:55 am  #2

Re: AHS Turns 3! WHAT.

Ah man, I can’t wait for the future. We really are coming alive as a community. I appreciate all of you.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/25/2022 9:14 pm  #3

Re: AHS Turns 3! WHAT.

Social media, podcasts, and advertising, you say? "Ottawa Senators hockey brought to you by the AHSylum" has a nice ring to it....

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera