Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2019 8:50 pm  #1

What sports are you getting into lately?

Topic is fairly self-explanatory.

For me, it has to be basketball. With the NBA having parity for the first time in a while now, I think this season's going to be fun to watch.

8/15/2019 10:14 pm  #2

Re: What sports are you getting into lately?

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Topic is fairly self-explanatory.

For me, it has to be basketball. With the NBA having parity for the first time in a while now, I think this season's going to be fun to watch.

I hope it will be an interesting season, it's been pretty lame the last few seasons. I'm a crusty Thunder fan though so we're gonna suck bad no matter what.

I've always been an MMA fan, but I've been really getting into some of the new series like Dana White's Contender Series and been following the new PFL fights.

My hockey series has also prompted me to follow more hockey news than usual. I like the sport but not something I usually watch regularly.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/16/2019 6:07 pm  #3

I'm really starting to get into Australian leagues.

I've been following the AFL for 3 seasons now, but this year, I've started to get in-depth to my fandom, and researching different players.

This is also my first season keeping up with the NRL. Rugby is an awesome sport.

8/16/2019 9:50 pm  #4

Ever since ESPN bought the broadcasting rights for the UFC, I've been watching that a lot more. I've also been watching a lot more Boxing lately.

8/19/2019 10:29 pm  #5

I've been getting back into local dirt racing. There's a track 3 minutes from my house, so I can go watch pretty much when I want to.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

12/16/2019 3:15 pm  #6

I wouldn't call it 'lately' but one sports that has interested me since I was like 7 and watched the Olympics was Handball, like the only sport America has never won a medal in and isn't known well on the continent. Its big in central and Slavic Europe and its getting bigger in extreme climate countries since its inside. Idk why it isn't bigger here, its semi-contact, combines practically all the major sports, and doesn't make you wear atrocious uniforms (sorry box lacrosse, I prefer your cousin, field)

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

Board footera