Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2019 8:59 pm  #1

Insane Projects

Title.

There's a lot of cool ideas a lot of us have for something to do that is graphic-design related, but time is a thing and there's not a lot of it so we can't finish everything. Is there any absolutely crazy project ideas you have assuming that time would not be a problem?

For me, a comprehensive database on FIFA uniforms would be neat.

9/08/2019 9:18 pm  #2

Re: Insane Projects

Probably having the time to create, design and simulate all the major sports for my country Torland. Obviously I've been presenting the hockey league but I started with the main baseball league (which there were about 4-5 baseball leagues in Torland), and I had started the American football league but haven't been able to work on it much. I also want to develop a relegated soccer system and a smaller pro basketball league.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/12/2019 7:51 pm  #3

Steelman wrote:

Probably having the time to create, design and simulate all the major sports for my country Torland. Obviously I've been presenting the hockey league but I started with the main baseball league (which there were about 4-5 baseball leagues in Torland), and I had started the American football league but haven't been able to work on it much. I also want to develop a relegated soccer system and a smaller pro basketball league.

Definently something like this. Having a whole alternate US sports history and simulating them all year by year, as in each league goes through 1940 together, 1941 together, would be super interesting. But man would it be hard to keep up.

9/13/2019 1:03 pm  #4

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Definently something like this. Having a whole alternate US sports history and simulating them all year by year, as in each league goes through 1940 together, 1941 together, would be super interesting. But man would it be hard to keep up.

I feel that's the kind of thing that you need a team to work on. So you have a shared universe with Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball. Each person sims and writes their year, and one person posts the whole thing. Work together to get templates that all match, standings, etc. So it's also, for one person, a management thing, and for others, a deadline issue.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/13/2019 6:39 pm  #5

Dan O'Mac wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Steelman wrote:

I feel that's the kind of thing that you need a team to work on. So you have a shared universe with Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball. Each person sims and writes their year, and one person posts the whole thing. Work together to get templates that all match, standings, etc. So it's also, for one person, a management thing, and for others, a deadline issue.

With people's real life schedules and such it would probably be tough to do consistently but that sure would be a cool experience!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/13/2019 10:59 pm  #6

Dan O'Mac wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Steelman wrote:

I've thought about it. Just getting all that cooperation to work on a hobby would be very time consuming, and difficult. 

9/24/2019 3:56 pm  #7

Now THIS would be the ultimate project!  Just getting 4 or 5 so competent designers alone that happen to be working on the same project would be hugely challenging (as I've learned from my own incompetence with design....yeah I wouldn't be one of those 4 or 5 lol).  It would definitely be difficult and time consuming to say the least, but I actually don't think it'd be impossible.  It'd just be a matter of being realistic with time limits and uniform templates.  A season a week might not be super easy to get 4 or 5 together on, but a season every 2-3 weeks would be reasonable.  

I would be more than happy to write or simply put together what I could from what any writers sent me if we could get that kind of coordination together.  That really could be interesting to try out!

Last edited by Stickman (9/24/2019 3:59 pm)

9/24/2019 5:16 pm  #8

I definitely think that it could be doable if there was enough time for everyone to get their parts done, it would be a lot of work and communication but it would be really fun and I'd definitely be interested.6.2.5

11/30/2019 6:20 pm  #9

Hello there! Long time no talk! The idea that Steelman suggested have sorta been done before by the folks over at www.icethetics.co (Section30) may know what I'm talking about considering his hockey fandom. For a while they had a fantasy hockey league that had their logos and uniforms designed by bunch of participants and fans. They basically crowd-sourced it out to the followers of that website and they all created a beautiful hockey league. They even created entire yearbooks detailing on how each team did in their respective seasons and all that jazz. 

They have a new website, www.icethetics.com. There isn't much content on the IceHL, but if you google/poke around, you might find some cool stuff on that. 

I wouldn't be opposed if we did something like that here on AHS but that's just a daunting project to undertake!! 

One can dream for sure! 

12/16/2019 3:08 pm  #10

That would be a great concept. Ive attempted that for myself years ago but always got stuck after the 2nd season. Ive simulated various sports in various levels of intricateness. Even done some fictional or not as well known sports before. My current longest is a soccer simulation that is 60+ years, but I don't do many player names, just seasons and occasionally some write-ups. I don't design any uniforms but I have ideas I just don't have the skills to execute, id be up for helping something like this in terms of write-up and simulations. Could be something interesting to get me back into simulating (its been a few months for me)

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

Board footera