Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2021 2:34 pm  #111

Re: The AltFL Season 2021

Los Angeles, California:

Today, Football Owner Stickman announced a surprise trade with the Buffalo Bolts.   The Bolts will be getting a top tier linebacker in Myles Jack, while the Sabercats will receive a solid linebacker in A.J. Klein, a (MUCH) needed running back in James White, and the Bolts 1st Round Draft Pick in next years Rookie Draft.  

"Let's get the obvious out of the way, Myles was one of our absolute best players on the Sabercats team last year and his production is going to be greatly missed." began the always professional and polite sounding Stickman, "However, we decided that the time to think about both today and tomorrow is now.   A.J. Klein is a solid lineman who should start every week (assuming his 2020 production repeats).  James White, while a part of a platoon rotation, is not only still the best running back we have, but I have good reason to believe that he will be more productive than many expect.   We believe their combined production will match the value of Jack while also giving us 2 full time starters for the price of 1.   As for the future, receiving the Bolts 1st round rookie draft pick will allow us to have 3 draft picks, including 2 first round picks, in that draft.   This will allow us to successfully restock our team with young, affordable talents while staying competitive today!"

Stickman noting that this is still pending approval from the commissioner's office, (plus the threat of the veto is always there), but he feels confident that this is a fair deal where both teams are going to be satisfied with what they will be receiving.

Last edited by Stickman (8/17/2021 2:38 pm)

8/17/2021 4:03 pm  #112

Chicago, IL and New York, NY:

The Cyclones and Emperors have come to an trade agreement, pending commissioner approval. The Cyclones will receive DL Zach Sieler and WR Antonio Brown in exchange for the Emperors receiving DL Sam Hubbard and WR Nelson Agholor. 

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

8/17/2021 4:19 pm  #113

dvdbubba27 wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

SCORPIONS HQ (ALTSPN)
 - After a change in ownership following a disappointing 2020 season in which they finished with a 2-11 record, the Arizona Scorpions have fired head coach Doug Pederson with immediate effect. Byron Leftwich has been named head coach of the Scorpions in his stead.

When his wisdom was questioned by the local sports media at Leftwich's introductory press conference, owner Combat Baby defended the decision to fire Pederson, saying that the Scorpions' 2020 performance was "unacceptable" given that they began the season ranked 3rd in the AltFL preseason power rankings, but also took the time to wish Pederson well in his future endeavours. Mr. Baby also took the time to confirm that his club has no plans to tank at any point in the future and to reaffirm that the club's main goal remains to win the AltBowl.

Did you... just fire the Los Angeles Sabercats head coach? Because I believe the Scorpions head coach was Dabo Sweeny...

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/17/2021 4:31 pm  #114

Dan O'Mac wrote:

dvdbubba27 wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

SCORPIONS HQ (ALTSPN)
 - After a change in ownership following a disappointing 2020 season in which they finished with a 2-11 record, the Arizona Scorpions have fired head coach Doug Pederson with immediate effect. Byron Leftwich has been named head coach of the Scorpions in his stead.

When his wisdom was questioned by the local sports media at Leftwich's introductory press conference, owner Combat Baby defended the decision to fire Pederson, saying that the Scorpions' 2020 performance was "unacceptable" given that they began the season ranked 3rd in the AltFL preseason power rankings, but also took the time to wish Pederson well in his future endeavours. Mr. Baby also took the time to confirm that his club has no plans to tank at any point in the future and to reaffirm that the club's main goal remains to win the AltBowl.

Did you... just fire the Los Angeles Sabercats head coach? Because I believe the Scorpions head coach was Dabo Sweeny...

According to the official AltFL spreadsheets, Jerome Bettis is the head coach of the Sabercats. Dabo, to the best of my knowledge, was never head coach of the Scorpions.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

8/17/2021 4:46 pm  #115

You know.... come to think about it, yeah I think I DID have Doug Pederson as my head coach, lmao!!   He must have mutinied after dealing with the Stickmen!   Ah well, I suppose Jerome Bettis can stay our head coach to make things easier!

8/17/2021 5:00 pm  #116

Jerome Bettis is the head coach of the Grizzlies. What the hell. Lol!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/17/2021 5:22 pm  #117

Los Angeles, California

In his 2nd press conference of the day, Football Owner Stickman expressed remorse over the inevitable decision to have to "fire" Jerome Bettis today after it was discovered that he is in fact, the Portland Grizzlies head coach.

"I take full responsibility for this grievous error," he began (while making the typical politician sad face...

"...I never should have allowed Hockey Owner Stickman the privilege of working on Doug Pederson's contact renewal..."

It has since come to light that Hockey Stickman, apparently irritated that Pederson had asked for a raise, quietly fired him, then traveled to Portland after the Grizzlies' playoff loss to the Buffalo Bolts, kidnapped "The Bus", then held him hostage in his basement while forcing him to listen to Mariachi music all day for months straight in the vain hopes to force him to sign a contract with the Sabercats.

Hockey Owner currently denies any wrong-doing, legal or otherwise.  

Last edited by Stickman (8/17/2021 5:29 pm)

8/17/2021 6:01 pm  #118

Undisclosed Location

Grouchy and unkempt, Portland Grizzlies owner Steelman of Halcyon Sports Group came into focus in the grainy and glitchy camera feed.

"Ahem. AHEM, AHEM, AHEM." Steelman was having trouble shaking out the cobwebs. "Okay, listen up. I'm not even sure why I'm here except that Ms. Irene was astonishingly adamant that I make a statement about the recent kerfuffle regarding several head coaches in our league. And since I was still waiting for my damn iOS to update, here I am."

"We, the Portland Grizzlies, on behalf of a very emotionally scarred Mr. Bettis, have no comment regarding the legally egregious acts committed by the Stickmen. However, all we will say is that we are deeply disappointed and our trust is broken and that's the real crime here."

"Mr. Bettis will begin emotional therapy immediately and we look forward to the start of the season where we can continue to whip some AltFL ass and avenge our loss to the Buffalo Dolts."

"In the future, we advise the Stickmen and that guy up in Vancouver to keep their hands off our staff. We would expect this type of thing from Red Hydrant. Speaking of, has anyone heard from that guy recently?"

"Anyway, my iPhone is restarting now which means I can get back to browsing Christina Hendricks' Insta-thingie pics." 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/17/2021 6:12 pm  #119

People wonder why all calls to my desk phone from my fellow owners redirect to Prosecutor Payne…

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/17/2021 6:13 pm  #120

Miami, FL, and Nashville, TN

Pending commissioner and league approval, the Miami Hammerheads and Tennessee Copperheads have come to a trade agreement. Miami receives QB Jared Goff, giving up DL Danille Hunter and their 1st round draft pick in the 2021 draft.

Board footera