Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2021 7:08 pm  #1

The North American Box Lacrosse League

Hello everyone, this is the NABLL. I hope everyone can enjoy lacrosse, whether you like the sport or have never even watched it before. And just to confirm. This league is box lacrosse which is played in arenas or most commonly normal ice rinks, not field lacrosse.

I want to add these logos are not the best quality and I am not good at logo making.

INTRODUCTION
The year is 1958 and the sport of box lacrosse has taken off in parts of Canada. An ownership group in New Westminster decides it is time to form a fully-functioning box lacrosse league, as opposed to the crumbling British Columbia Box Lacrosse League. 

Former BCBLL member Vancouver, was also interested in this new lacrosse league. Two more ownership groups in Calgary and Edmonton were found to be fond of this new league idea. And other Canadian side: Toronto Lacrosse Club was interested in joining this league. However with travel being costly from British Columbia to Ontario, the new league found membership in Buffalo, Detroit and Hamilton. 

The clubs play a schedule within their own conference and the champion of each conference will meet to crown a champion.  

Last edited by Jayhawk (8/14/2021 10:22 pm)

8/10/2021 7:49 pm  #2

Re: The North American Box Lacrosse League

The Queen's Park Wanderers: 

Nicknamed the Spirit Bears, The Athletic Club, The QPAC

The Queen's Park Wanderers are based out of New Westminster, British Columbia. Founded in 1920 originally as an outdoor club, they soon made the transition to box lacrosse when the Queen's Park Arena was constructed in 1930. The Wanderers are part of the Queen's Park Athletic Club which also has ice hockey, soccer and cycling departments. 

The club has always shown much success in their lacrosse endeavors, they always dominated their competition in the British Columbia Box Lacrosse Club, outscoring most of their opponents.

(I made an error with the logo and will insert it in the coming days)

Last edited by Jayhawk (8/12/2021 11:35 am)

8/10/2021 11:20 pm  #3

Looking forward to this! I've always liked box lacrosse.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/12/2021 11:43 am  #4

Vancouver Lacrosse Club:

Nicknamed the Sockeyes and the Salmonshirts.

The Sockeyes are based out of Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 1925 they have been a top competitor to the Queen's Park Wanderers in the BCBLL which they are most famous for. The name Sockeyes comes from the popular fish in the pacific northwest and the name Salmonshirts comes from their uniforms they used when they were first formed.

They now play at the Vancouver Forum which holds 5,050 people.

8/12/2021 6:22 pm  #5

I have to be an VLC Fan, Go SalmonShirts!

8/13/2021 12:33 pm  #6

Calgary Westerners:
Nicknamed the Bulls.

The Westerners were founded in 1960 just in time for the first season of the NABLL. The team is mainly composed of players from the Calgary Athletic Club field lacrosse club. The name Westerners is derived from the Calgary Stampede Parade.

They will begin play out of the Stampede Corral which holds 7,475 people.

8/13/2021 12:38 pm  #7

Very nice, however I feel like the logo would benefit from a dark color having more prevalence. The small bits of black look good but I think that if you could add more of it or make the black into more of a brown, it would be a lot more cohesive and really bring a solid look.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/13/2021 1:40 pm  #8

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Very nice, however I feel like the logo would benefit from a dark color having more prevalence. The small bits of black look good but I think that if you could add more of it or make the black into more of a brown, it would be a lot more cohesive and really bring a solid look.

Ok, I will take that into consideration. I'll see what it will look like after I release the 5 other clubs.

8/13/2021 2:36 pm  #9

I'd also add a black/brown outline to the skull since parts of the skull could get lost without something wrangling it in.

8/14/2021 10:07 pm  #10

Edmonton Snow Devils:
The Snow Devils were originally founded as the Edmonton Lacrosse Club being formed in 1940. The club began playing a misshapen schedule against any teams that would play them, which came to playing anywhere from 2-4 games a season. The name Snow Devils is derived from the harsh winters in Canada. When invited to the NABLL they brought along Calgary to start a new in-province rivalry.

The Snow Devils play out of the Edmonton Gardens which holds 5,200 people. 

Last edited by Jayhawk (8/14/2021 10:08 pm)

Board footera