Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2021 2:14 pm  #21

Re: The AltFL Season 2021

That Week 8 primetime matchup is gonna be fire, as the kids say.

I'm also looking forward to hosting Scratch in Week 4.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/13/2021 2:24 pm  #22

Looking at Week 7, I think BUF @ MIL is the game of the week. Both playoff teams last season and a very nice color matchup to boot.

5/13/2021 3:37 pm  #23

Holy spotlight. Two primetimes for 11th in the league, and a very unlucky 7th week outcome. If we get through week 8 at .500 we maybe have some type of chance. Here are some high (mostly low) lights.

Week 1 - Last year's 6th place and division winner gets a chance to quack my pumpkin early.
Week 4 - We go to an unfamiliar place (definitely not Kansas anymore) to most likely receive a familiar outcome, generously provided by 3rd from last year.
Week 6 - Might have difficulty not reaching for the milk after fighting off this pepper. #5 will bring the heat for sure.
Week 7 - We dig one week deeper into the season and meet one seed higher than last. Soooooo no (win against) Copperhead?

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (5/13/2021 3:38 pm)

5/13/2021 3:38 pm  #24

Steelman wrote:

That Week 8 primetime matchup is gonna be fire, as the kids say.

I'm also looking forward to hosting Scratch in Week 4.

While im not excited to have to play all seven playoff teams Portland, Tennessee, Milwaukee, Carolina, Buffalo, New York, Miami I am looking forward to them at the same time. 

6/18/2021 11:25 am  #25

Coming next week! 

I am currently working on populating the keeper sheet.  I'll post it early next week so you can check out your rosters before the draft. 

Please let me know if there were any trades that included draft picks so I can update the order. 

After the draft we will choose our keepers. 

I have adjusted the keeper values a little to address the opinions of the community. I'll give a detailed run down of the keepers when i post the sheet. Get ready and get excited! 

6/18/2021 1:54 pm  #26

Ah, mid round picks.   I've never known anything else really, lol!  Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do with a 1st or last overall pick...

6/18/2021 1:55 pm  #27

Research who to pick? Naw. I'm heading down now to spend a week at the theme parks!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/18/2021 2:57 pm  #28

Out of curiosity, could we make bids for hosting the Alt Bowl this season? I doubt KC (my legacy team) would get the Super Bowl anytime soon and I'd like to see Charlotte hosting some late December football.

6/18/2021 3:18 pm  #29

QCS wrote:

Out of curiosity, could we make bids for hosting the Alt Bowl this season? I doubt KC (my legacy team) would get the Super Bowl anytime soon and I'd like to see Charlotte hosting some late December football.

That's a good idea. We can do that. 

6/23/2021 5:18 pm  #30

It is time to see which rookies will put on these AltFL uniforms!

It is time to get started with the AltFL Rookie Draft. Our AltFL season will traditionally kick off at this time in the year with the rookie draft.

1.) The Rookie Draft is a two-round snake draft.
2.) Owners will select players who will be rookies during this upcoming season.
3.) They can be from any position (except the offensive line). 
4.) The draft order is based off teams order of finish from the previous season. 
5.) The draft begins NOW! 
6.) The Toronto Beavers are on the clock. Once they make their selection the next team is up. This is an untimed event. So please be patient as we wait for people to draft. If there is a significant wait I will reach out to the owner before skipping them in line. If you know that you will be MIA for one thing or another please let me know ahead of time and I can draft your player for you. You can leave me with a wish list. This will keep the draft moving smoothly. Needless to say no hissy fits as we wait for this draft to move. 

Attached is a file with some AltFL information on it. If there is anything missing for your team or if you have anything you would like to change please reach out to me (PM please. We are going to keep this thread clear for the picks). 

In that file there is a sheet for the 2021 keepers. I will be populating that in the coming weeks with the values for each player. I will add your draft rookies to that list (although they will cost you nothing this year). Keepers are NOT due today. That will be a separate event with more information to come. I wanted to share with you your rosters so you can plan your draft. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OShGQtqkv3l70VNiup2HkP9_YgymsFpmDzCP801YURA/edit?usp=sharing

After listening to the feedback from the owners we are going to be adjusting the keeper values so that teams will be able to keep more of their players. This means that salaries will not be super impactful this year. But they will be next year. The reason for the salaries in general is to force some turnover in the league. It also gives the league an added dimension. As the salaries for players increase..teams are going to have to be purposeful as to who they keep and who they let go. They will have to be careful as they construct their rosters. Those decisions will ultimately separate the good teams from the bad ones. It is a great feeling when you will a title with a team that you have been planning for a while. This league gives you that opportunity. 

I say this because the draft is extremely important. You are getting future stars at a tremendous discount. If you hit on enough draft picks you can build a winning team for years to come. So..pick carefully and have fun. 

Also it is my great honor to announce two new owners to our AltFL community. 

NoE is going to be taking over the Utah Raptors
DVDBubba will be taking over the Arizona Scorpions. 

With all of that said...the 2021 AltFL Rookie Draft is officially open! Have Fun! 

Last edited by Gritty (6/23/2021 5:19 pm)

Board footera