Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2021 10:08 pm  #1001

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

New Orleans Hurricanes
Kansas City Coyotes
Portland Stags

5/20/2021 2:06 am  #1002

For New Orleans, I would go with Steamers as a name. Jesters would probably be too close to the ill fated SFL team in terms of branding, as well as Mardi Gras related names are kind of cliche anyway, and while Hurricanes could work, they would probably have to change their name come Hurricane Katrina in 2005. 

For Kansas City, as good of a name as Coyotes would be, my vote goes to Shockers as it would have to be the most unique name of the bunch, not to mention that Wranglers would probably encroach on the Roughriders' branding (I could be wrong though). 

For Portland, I'll have to go with Stags. Pioneers is a good name, but as Wallflower mentioned, Seattle already has a human mascot. Plus, I bet an antler design on their helmets would look cool. 

Last edited by Slapshot Kirby (5/20/2021 2:07 am)

5/20/2021 7:41 am  #1003

New Orleans Steamers
Kansas City Coyotes
Portland Pioneers

5/24/2021 9:25 pm  #1004

Hey so I’m still a bit busy in life, but I’ve done some brainstorming and bits of work and I’ve chosen the names for the franchises that needed names and finished the San Diego franchise. I think I’m going to roll with, Hurricanes, Shockers, and Stags
I’m going to ask again for some last little tidbits of help if y’all don’t mind. I’ve been struggling to settle on some color schemes. San Diego will be the first time to introduction teal into the league with a teal and yellow scheme. I’m leaning towards a primarily orange look for Kansas City, although I’m not sure that would work with the name Shockers. I had an old concept for the Revelers that involved metallic gold, purple and green that never got used that I thought i could use for the new expansion franchise but I’m really pulling away from any Marci Gras theming I think and need some help with a color scheme there. Maybe metallic gold and royal blue? I’ve thought about that. Finally for Portland I’m again kind of lost. I don’t want to use Green or blue because their two biggest rivals will be Seattle and San Fran, so maybe a red centered color scheme? But there’s already a lot of red teams it feels like.

Sorry for all the behind the scenes work for the people who don’t like it. I don’t love to break the immersion but I do appreciate all the feedback on the design process. Let me know what color schemes you guys think of!

Also, big big thanks to everyone who commented with their picks for names. It made the choosing much much easier.

5/24/2021 9:53 pm  #1005

Kansas City - Maybe doing a bit of a Orange and Gold like the Old Montana Grizzlies could be an interesting way of going about.

New Orleans - I'd potentially lean away from the Gold and Royal since that reminds me alot of the Tulsa Hurricanes.

Portland - Why not try doing a Brown and Red scheme for the Stags?

5/24/2021 10:11 pm  #1006

Kansas City Shockers- Id go with gold and Blue. Gold because it seems to be the color for wheat. Blue because it seems to fit in with KC (Royals, KU).

New Orleans Hurricanes - Purple and Orange. Purple would be for Mardi Gras and Orange as a bit of a throwback for the old Houston Hurricanes of Veras’s AFA.

Portland Stags - Brown and Sky Blue. Brown is usually the color of a stag while sky blue is the color of a river which Portland sits on the banks of (the Columbia river, to be exact)

5/25/2021 4:01 am  #1007

Hurricanes: orange and green
Shockers: black and old gold
Stags: brown and red

5/25/2021 9:47 am  #1008

New Orleans Hurricanes: Purple and Green 
Kansas City Shockers: Gold and Grey
Portland Stags: White and Red

5/25/2021 4:26 pm  #1009

Louisiana Hurricanes: Blue is another color that's had a lot of use in the league (even more than red), so you might consider 3 colors for this one to help them stand out.  Royal blue, yellow, and maybe green as a tertiary color would be unique and you might have some fun playing with designs that way?  I know that's getting a little close to Mardi Gras colors, but it could be a happy medium between full mardi gras and a slightly more traditional team color combo.   Course, you could also use blue, orange, and green to break up the mardi gras feel a bit more.
Primary: Royal Blue
Secondary: Yellow
Tertiary: Green

Kansas City Shockers: If you're looking for orange as the primary, might I suggest burnt orange?  Since I'm getting the impression that you're feeling you have to use yellow (since the team's called the Shockers), I think (maybe with the use of white or black as an outline color?) that you could try the following combo, not have the colors bleed into each other, and still use orange as the primary...
Primary: Burnt Orange
Secondary: Yellow of some sort
Tertiary: White or Black, depending on what you think looks better, leaning towards black in my head.

Portland Stags: Avoiding green and blue is a good call for sure.  Red seems like the right choice (seeing as Portland is the Rose City, it fits well), but yeah, there's only so many color combos to try out.  Red and brown was a combination that I saw suggested earlier, that could work!  Alternatively, red and gray could also be a new combo worth trying out.
Primary: Red
Secondary: Brown
Tertiary: White

Last edited by Stickman (5/25/2021 4:29 pm)

5/25/2021 6:48 pm  #1010

Hurricanes - I would avoid the Mardi Gras colour scheme just for the separation from the old franchise. I like what Stick suggests, though I think you could try an old Dolphins aqua within the colour scheme as something more unique. Maybe an Aqua and blue scheme (with Aqua being the more heavily used colour).

Shockers - I mean with a wheat theme, gold makes the most sense with the team, maybe a light brown and gold look. however, I can see an orange colour scheme work with black. I might even second Stickman's suggestion as well.

Stags - I like the idea of going for red, though I think one that could work is something in the lane of my Long Island Raiders with like a maroon (or just red) and dark green (probably something more forest green, rather than the dark green I use). 

Board footera