Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2021 10:02 pm  #1

The Bizarro NHL

Welcome to the Bizarro NHL! 

For those of you familiar with Seinfeld or Superman...the concept of Bizarro is the opposite of reality. For those of you who followed my currently halted SDHL project (do not worry I haven't abandoned it) I welcome you here. I decided to halt that project so I could give the AltBA my full attention. This project is more manageable and it scratches the itch of having my own concept. The SDHL will return! But for now...

Now on to the first team (we will start with the Original Six). By the way I have started working on Bizarro NBA, NFL and MLB. But since hockey is my first love here we are. 

2/16/2021 11:07 pm  #2

Re: The Bizarro NHL

I don't get it, and yet I do get it.....man....you like screwin...wait, no. That's Scratch. I....somehow love this concept, Gritty. Only gripe is the jersey looks too close to the modern uniforms and not like a sweater from the O6 era, unless you're going for the modern look as what you're presenting.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

2/17/2021 12:02 am  #3

This is fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

As for Chicago. I like the name. I think the shield is too abstract to tie into it though. I think it needs one more connecting element, like a very abstract rosebud/puck or something in the shield.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

2/17/2021 12:12 am  #4

Yeah I’m gonna have to agree with what Steel is sayin. This is too abstract. I think the shield idea works very well though, so my only change would be getting rid of the abstract rosebud triangle thing and replacing it with an actual rose bud, similar to the pictures above..

I’m excited to see where you take this Gritty, this is very promising!

2/17/2021 9:04 am  #5

@ OG these are definitely the modern iterations of the franchise. 

@Steel and DrPepper, yeah i see what you are saying. I thought the same thing as I was developing it. But the more that I stared at it the more that I saw the rose. I'll see what I can do to rose it up. 

2/17/2021 10:06 am  #6

Gritty wrote:

@ OG these are definitely the modern iterations of the franchise. 

@Steel and DrPepper, yeah i see what you are saying. I thought the same thing as I was developing it. But the more that I stared at it the more that I saw the rose. I'll see what I can do to rose it up. 

Perfect, that's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. I can see a rose petal a little on the bottom part of the shield, but it could definitely be a lot clearer, and the "C" is not really visible at all. I like what you're going for, but it could definitely be revised a little.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (2/17/2021 10:14 am)

2/17/2021 10:59 am  #7

Interesting, this looks good. Only problem is that the name Rosebuds sounds silly.

2/17/2021 11:40 am  #8

Rugrat wrote:

Interesting, this looks good. Only problem is that the name Rosebuds sounds silly.

You're going to notice that a decent amount of the names will sound silly. Perhaps the reason the teams didn't end up choosing them. 

2/17/2021 11:43 am  #9

Gritty wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

You're going to notice that a decent amount of the names will sound silly. Perhaps the reason the teams didn't end up choosing them. 

So, Rocky Mountain Xtreme, lol? Good God, what will Anaheim be?

2/17/2021 11:44 am  #10

I like the look, my only suggestion would be to perhaps add a stem on the rosebud in the logo. Right now, the green in the alternate "C" is completely on its own, whereas adding a green stem for the rose in the primary would make the rose itself more obvious and tie the green into the look.

Board footera