Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2021 12:53 am  #231

Re: AltBA Design Thread

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Megildur wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

Your tax dollars at work, fellow American citizens.

As soon as I graduate school, I’m going back to Canada and never getting involved in U.S. politics again. This is insane.

Facts, I wish I'd gone to college in Canada! I like your username BTW.

Regardless of how we feel about anything with the political side of things, I believe the board rules state we should keep the politics out of things. 

Yeah, let's stay on topic here guys.

1/07/2021 12:54 am  #232

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Washington Sentinels - Meaning is a soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch, which sums up the role of the district in the USA. Also just sounds cool ig.

This aged ... poorly.

Your tax dollars at work, fellow American citizens.

As soon as I graduate school, I’m going back to Canada and never getting involved in U.S. politics again. This is insane.

To be fair, they definitely did watch..... so like I’m not that far off. But also I prefer not to mix my fiction and nonfiction, I was just going for theme.

1/07/2021 9:39 am  #233

Please, people...let's get back to the topic at hand.

I REALLY like this new "final four single vote" system...only one of my names made it this time, but I have a lot of confidence in it right now (And the others are awesome too)

1/07/2021 10:04 am  #234

I agree with Burmy, the new "Final Four" system is great. At times it felt like the name votes were a bit of a crapshoot, but know we can know at least the top few names. Disappointed none of my names made the cut this time (I was feeling good about the Denver Dinos!) but I think overall we've had a bunch of really strong suggestions.

1/07/2021 11:12 am  #235

QCS wrote:

I agree with Burmy, the new "Final Four" system is great. At times it felt like the name votes were a bit of a crapshoot, but know we can know at least the top few names. Disappointed none of my names made the cut this time (I was feeling good about the Denver Dinos!) but I think overall we've had a bunch of really strong suggestions.

Don't worry QCS. A lot of yours were just on the wrong side of the cut off. I rated the Dinos highly too! 

I also forgot to submit my names for Group B. The polls are going out tonight with the official names of Group A so stay tuned. I will also explain this later but I just wanted to let you all know that in the event of a FINAL FOUR tie I am going to select the name that had the highest rating in the first round. A couple of the races are very close. 

Here are mine. 

New Orleans Cornets : the famous Jazz instrument from the capital of Jazz music. This team is going to be a lot of fun. There is so much great imagery for this city and I think a Jazz / Brass theme would be great. 

Vancouver Axemen: a nod to Lumberjacks without using the name Lumberjacks. 

Los Angeles Riptide: I wanted to go with a wave / beach theme for LA. Riptide is one of the most dangerous things that people encounter at the beach. I also just like the sound of it. 

Atlanta Devils: Short, simple and a reference to the Charlie Daniel's song The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Plus this could be another way to get the fire theme into the design.

Charlotte Prospectors: Home to the first gold rush in the US. 

Washington Vanguard: I'm throwing out my name that I used for the America Premier League earlier this year. Vanguard is the central force of a military operation. DC is the center of our political system. I also like it for VanGUARD as in defense in basketball. 

1/07/2021 11:17 am  #236

Gritty wrote:

Don't worry QCS. A lot of yours were just on the wrong side of the cut off. I rated the Dinos highly too!

That's what I figured, hopefully I can break through with Group B. Excited for the announcement tonight!

1/07/2021 2:58 pm  #237

Definitely agree on the finalists, it's a good addition on the process, especially with so many submissions.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

1/07/2021 3:18 pm  #238

I like that I can rate them initially, but if the teams I voted for aren't a finalist, I still get a say in the team name this way.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

1/07/2021 3:21 pm  #239

Hopefully I'm not too late with these. Disregard them if I am!

Atlanta Aliens - because Outkast 
Vancouver Royals - generic royalty because BC
LA Titans - A lot of Roman/Spartan themes come out of here in other leagues I feel. 
Charlotte Cyclones - Just another word for hurricane
Washington Red Wolves - Does this count as off limits since it was just presented as an alternative name for the Football Team? If not, I just like it. 
New Orleans Crescents - because Crescent City

Only the written records of his travels survive.

1/07/2021 3:23 pm  #240

Balu the Bare wrote:

Hopefully I'm not too late with these. Disregard them if I am!

Atlanta Aliens - because Outkast 
Vancouver Royals - generic royalty because BC
LA Titans - A lot of Roman/Spartan themes come out of here in other leagues I feel. 
Charlotte Cyclones - Just another word for hurricane
Washington Red Wolves - Does this count as off limits since it was just presented as an alternative name for the Football Team? If not, I just like it. 
New Orleans Crescents - because Crescent City

I don't think these are late, but LA Titans is the name of the AltHL team.

Board footera