Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2020 5:13 pm  #31

Re: Quebec Amateur Hockey League

While waiting for the remaining 2 teams to unveil their uniforms, the QAHL unveiled their league logo with two versions, one in English and one in French

English Version: 

French Version: 

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (12/13/2020 1:37 am)

11/07/2020 10:12 pm  #32

Shawinigan would be the next team to unveil their uniforms. Their team name would be the Power and their colours would be navy and yellow.

11/07/2020 10:29 pm  #33

Finally, last but not least, Drummondville unveiled their uniforms. They would be known as the Drummondville Hockey Club for now. 

11/07/2020 10:43 pm  #34

So, I'm aassuming the point of your template is to emphasize the torso and therefore the main part of the design, hence the extremely large torso, correct?

Even so, my concern with Shawinigan and Drummondville is the size of the logo. They're extremely large and would make wearing them impossible. You wouldn't be able to freaking move, let alone play hockey in them.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (11/07/2020 10:45 pm)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

11/07/2020 10:48 pm  #35

I agree with OG, I think that the logos are way too big as is. I also want to say that the color shades you are using for the last two teams have been way too bright, especially for the time period. That and there needs to be some other color added for Drummondville, the light blue and light red clash a lot as is

11/07/2020 10:53 pm  #36

Section 30 allowed me to use his template since I could not find a good one to use. As for the criticism on my jerseys, I appreciate that since I have no idea how to design jerseys hence why I wanted Gritty to help me design the uniforms. I think i wanted to have it out so quick that i rushed it. I will redo these two and repost them sometime this week

11/08/2020 1:32 am  #37

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Section 30 allowed me to use his template since I could not find a good one to use. As for the criticism on my jerseys, I appreciate that since I have no idea how to design jerseys hence why I wanted Gritty to help me design the uniforms. I think i wanted to have it out so quick that i rushed it. I will redo these two and repost them sometime this week

There are lots of hockey templates on this site, but it's mostly about how you use it. Clearly you're new to design but you can help yourself by researching uniforms and how they looked during the era you're designing. You can also do research on how other users here or around the internet have designed uniforms. Case in point, if you're using S30's template...check out his designs and how he uses that template. No offense, but these look like you spent 5 minutes on them. You can do better even while learning how to design. Maybe Gritty will share his template with you, as it looks like a simpler format to use for a beginner. Find some tutorials to learn some skills to do what you want to do.

Don't rush stuff out just to rush it out. It's an amateur move. Put some time and effort into your project. Your write-ups and stories seem promising. Don't hesitate to use the feedback forums here for advice or critique. I think you can make a good series but don't rush it, put some quality into it. This isn't a sprint around here, we appreciate quality work and are willing to wait for quality work.

Pro tip: www.nhluniforms.com - Start there. Look at uniforms in the 40's. Use those styles. Copy those styles. Learn how to do those styles in your template. I can pretty much guarantee even without asking, any of us who have long-running sports series on these boards probably have hundreds of concepts that never make it to the final story. I know I have literally dozens of fully completed uniform and logo sets that will never see the light of day. I only say that to say that I'm always working on concepts. You have to practice, practice, practice. Not just shove the first 5-minute concept out the door and call it a day. 

That's my brutally honest free advice. You seem keen on critique so take it as such. We're all here to be a fan and also to help you along your journey in sports fiction. We all started somewhere. We're all always growing and learning.

Take it how you want, and I certainly don't want to discourage you, but my plain advice is to pause and work on how you want the series to look and feel before continuing. Right now it's all over the place. It'll be better off for it if you take the time to get set up right. I think this series has potential which is why I'm even writing any of this. Hope it helps you.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/10/2020 7:58 pm  #38

While I'm redesigning Sherbrooke and Drummondville, should I do the same for Montreal or was the Nats uniform okay?

12/03/2020 9:35 pm  #39

Here is my redesign of the Drummondville Hockey Club

12/06/2020 1:57 am  #40

Here is Shawinigan

Board footera