Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2020 8:41 pm  #1

Reverse Retro Jerseys, Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em?

So with the unveiling of the Reverse Retro series, I figure we gauge the air on this sight on the opinions of them! I’ll start with Nashville. I think there’s ways they maybe could’ve done a bit more (navy instead of gold), but I won’t complain because they made a solid look that captures the look of the original in the new colors.

Bring in a Reverse Retro jersey and we will come together to critique and shred it.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/16/2020 9:04 pm  #2

Re: Reverse Retro Jerseys, Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em?

Overall I really like the program. It's an excellent way to create a league-wide alternate program while still respecting the team's history (looking at you, NBA). A couple stinkers like Detroit and Dallas, but my personal favorites are Anaheim, Minnesota, and Colorado. Excellent to see a new Nords and Whalers jersey as well.

11/16/2020 10:54 pm  #3

Yeah I think they're generally decent with a few bad ones sprinkled in. For my Pittsburgh Penguins, I like it but it feels incomplete.

[img]https://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_fill,dpr_auto,f_auto,q_90,w_1400/fl_lossy,pg_1/t804imzsctjzeayv2fi5/pittsburgh-penguins-adidas-reverse-retro-2020[/img]

I feel like the balance is off with the yellow diagonal stripes sitting there on white. But overall, I'd probably wear it.

The Stars and Red Wings are both head scratchers.

I like the purple and gold for LA. Seeing Pucky return for a Whalers throwback is always nice. I really like that Devils' primary green-red look. Love seeing Blasty back in black. 

Honestly the big winner of the whole bunch is the Florida Panthers. They need to bump that look up to primary status ASAP.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/17/2020 12:12 am  #4

Steelman wrote:

Yeah I think they're generally decent with a few bad ones sprinkled in. For my Pittsburgh Penguins, I like it but it feels incomplete.

[img]https://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_fill,dpr_auto,f_auto,q_90,w_1400/fl_lossy,pg_1/t804imzsctjzeayv2fi5/pittsburgh-penguins-adidas-reverse-retro-2020[/img]

I feel like the balance is off with the yellow diagonal stripes sitting there on white. But overall, I'd probably wear it.

The Stars and Red Wings are both head scratchers.

I like the purple and gold for LA. Seeing Pucky return for a Whalers throwback is always nice. I really like that Devils' primary green-red look. Love seeing Blasty back in black. 

Honestly the big winner of the whole bunch is the Florida Panthers. They need to bump that look up to primary status ASAP.

The Panthers one is like their goal song, pure Sweetness.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/17/2020 10:14 am  #5

Detroit, Dallas, NYI, Winnipeg, and Toronto totally blew it. Like what the hell were they thinking?

Tampa and Florida need to make those their primary jerseys, they are sweet as can be. Ottawa's I think will be their permanent alternate after the program is over. Montreal's is a huge disappointment. I really wanted them to make a red version of their away jersey.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

11/17/2020 10:46 am  #6

I personally love the Wild with the green and yellow. The logo has always been one of my favorites, but the yellow lets the detail in the wilderness show.

I prefer the eggplant and teal color scheme for the Ducks, but I hate the full body Wild Wing. The duck goalie mask is great, and thought it still held up when they did it with the current colors.

It's always nice seeing the Whalers look back.

I hate the Stars look. And, generally speaking, I feel that Dallas' branding is always very "meh".

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/17/2020 12:53 pm  #7

Holy Sh-t the Coyotes nailed it with this! I'm going to get one of those jerseys!

Dallas, Detroit and Philadelphia look very "meh" in my mind. 

11/18/2020 6:59 pm  #8

My personal favorites were Arizona, Washington, Florida, and Vancouver. The Red Wings and Stars were both huge disappointments in my book. I don't wanna type all of my thoughts out, so enjoy this tier list. I realize Chicago isn't on here, but there isn't a good picture of those jerseys. Of what I've seen, I'd put them in alright.

Last edited by ANDY! (11/18/2020 7:06 pm)

Board footera