Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2020 8:25 am  #671

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

Very interesting! Hatch clearly wanted to capitalize on new markets quickly, I'm not sure if that's smart but it certainly happened. Getting Gary Wiz as a co-owner was a brilliant play by Hatch, there's no way the owners would've turned him down. Hopefully he'll be better than most sports legends are as executives (MJ, Magic, Gretzky).

Alko: Great looking team, claret and blue are always classy and the name is neat. The logo is well-made, both parts of the name come through well enough. I really like the sleeve striping, it looks really nice.

Sina: I love this logo! You've got the snake, S, and a combo rattle/hockey stick tail and it works so well together. The jerseys are simple and classy, nothing to say there.

Fort Bevin: The new set is awesome. As Stick said, the way fictional teams use RWB is so much better than how real teams use it, haha. That said, for some reason I feel like the set is missing something that it had with yellow. I can't really explain, but I'd like to see yellow return at some point.

Trowburgh: Not a big fan of the yellow pants with the black jersey, it seems too bright. Maybe a black helmet would balance it out but for now I'm glad it remains a special jersey.

10/22/2020 9:56 am  #672

I dig Fort Bevin getting rid of the yellow. It really cleans up the look.

Both expansion teams look great too. Well done!

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

10/22/2020 10:02 am  #673

Seeing as Alko is involved again (welcome back, btw) it looks like Dosa City could be nearing the horizon. Would love to see the Cyclones again.

That claret and blue is such an underutilized scheme in the pros, seeing it here proves why it should be used more!

The Serpents also look very nice, although the shading does make the serpent look like it has chicken pox.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/22/2020 10:25 am  #674

Both the Serpents and Wizards look awesome! Still a Bucks fan though! #UnfinshedBuisness

10/22/2020 12:05 pm  #675

Oh I really like that Wizards set. Believe it or not I've had an idea for a team named the wizards with the claret and blue color scheme before so it's really cool to see someone else turn it into reality. It looks great! The logo is a bit abstract, I saw the rough A shape, but I did have trouble seeing the hat. Maybe outline the brim of the silhouette? If that makes sense, it should maybe make it a bit easier to see the hat without taking away from the A. The uniforms look good as well. Overall, definitely one of my favorites in the league now. What's that font you used on the logo by the way? It's really nice.

I'm less keen on the Serpents. Mostly the color scheme. Red and green can work really well together, see the Milwaukee Bucks, but I think there's too much clashing here. I'd darken the shade of green a bit, which should help a bunch. I think the logo could be improved a bit too. The red spots on the snake seems sporadic. I think a red outline would work better. Maybe coloring the tongue red would work too. The uniforms I really like, my only critique would be removing the red stripe in between the white and black stripes on the red uniform, the red, black, and green really clash all next to each other like that, getting rid of the red stripe should clean the uniform up a bit.

I'm glad the Whales are still focusing on our future, the Kemper trade seems like a good one. Hopefully the Hass pick is good as well. 

Fort Bevin's new look is really nice, I always like a good red and blue identity.

Good work on the sigs as well, I think I'll finally update mine!

10/22/2020 2:04 pm  #676

Digging all the new looks! The Wizards look great; I'll echo Doc's concerns about the logo being almost too abstract, but at the same time, I think it works, especially given the time period. The Serpents are also excellent, and I think it's one of the better red-and-green designs I've ever seen. I really like Trowburgh's new alternate, too; the yellow pants might be a bit too much, but I'd wear that jersey. My favorite, though, might be the new Rockets look. Something about it just looks really clean, and I love the drop shadows. Great work as always!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/22/2020 11:17 pm  #677

I really appreciate all the feedback guys! As always, I'll reply one-by-one.

Stickman wrote:

Quite the offseason!

Expansion:  Loving the drama and in-fighting over if expansion should have happened or not!  Both sides of the argument certainly had their points, so it was nice to see both sides fleshed out!

Alko Wizards:  I was wondering if you'd jump on the claret and blue bandwagon that seemingly everyone else on the site has been on, lol!  I will say this teams looks really cool, nice logo as well, (only thing is that the A in the backspace of the logo doesn't look much like an A, although to be fair it's pretty obvious what it's supposed to be).  Very nice job on this one!

Gary Wisniewski: Very nice to see the legend be back in the storyline, this time as owner/general management/guy who got his team named after him!  I'm guessing he's going to make waves during this time-frame, although maybe not for the good of the Wizards.  Superstar athletes don't usually turn out to be the best of owners and general managers, (see Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson for two recent examples) and I suspect Gary Wiz will prove a bit too controlling and could cost the team a lot of progress.  Just a guess though!

Sina Serpents: I really love that logo!  Very simple and effective, although it does sorta look like the poor snake has developed chicken pox!  The jerseys are interesting.  I'll admit I've never been fond of red and green for team colors myself, but I think you did pretty good here.  I do see that the home set clearly has a red focused feel to it, while the away jerseys seems to imply green is the main color for the Serpents.  It'll be fun watching if this team decides what color that want to be or if they have it both ways.

Fort Bevin Rockets Redesign: As much as red, navy, and white are severely overused in North American sports, it never ceases to amaze me how few fictional teams utilize the color scheme, (probably because the authors are tired of seeing that color scheme in real life, lol).   I think this was the right place to take the Rockets design, as I always thought the yellow on top of the red, white, and blue was a bit too much.  This simplified approach looks much better to me!  

Sigs:  Digging the autographed style a lot!  Very creative!

Great job as always!

Glad you like the sig!

Thanks for the feedback and analysis, you're always spot-on. And not thanks for putting that chicken pox image in my head. (had them twice...once when I was 12...almost died) Haha. They were supposed to represent the belly stripes of the snake, but I'll have to come up with a better way to display that.

QCS wrote:

Very interesting! Hatch clearly wanted to capitalize on new markets quickly, I'm not sure if that's smart but it certainly happened. Getting Gary Wiz as a co-owner was a brilliant play by Hatch, there's no way the owners would've turned him down. Hopefully he'll be better than most sports legends are as executives (MJ, Magic, Gretzky).

Alko: Great looking team, claret and blue are always classy and the name is neat. The logo is well-made, both parts of the name come through well enough. I really like the sleeve striping, it looks really nice.

Sina: I love this logo! You've got the snake, S, and a combo rattle/hockey stick tail and it works so well together. The jerseys are simple and classy, nothing to say there.

Fort Bevin: The new set is awesome. As Stick said, the way fictional teams use RWB is so much better than how real teams use it, haha. That said, for some reason I feel like the set is missing something that it had with yellow. I can't really explain, but I'd like to see yellow return at some point.

Trowburgh: Not a big fan of the yellow pants with the black jersey, it seems too bright. Maybe a black helmet would balance it out but for now I'm glad it remains a special jersey.

Thanks! I agree FTB felt a little empty to me, but I think maybe it was from being used to three colors. I've got some ideas on future adjustments for them though. The yellow pants for Trowburgh are definitely too much, but I wanted to include them because it's the 80's and teams were just starting to get a taste of craziness before the 90's. It's also a test run into how they might utilize black in the future.

3pttally wrote:

I dig Fort Bevin getting rid of the yellow. It really cleans up the look.

Both expansion teams look great too. Well done!

Thanks! I kinda miss the yellow but I was pleasantly surprised how good they looked without it.

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Seeing as Alko is involved again (welcome back, btw) it looks like Dosa City could be nearing the horizon. Would love to see the Cyclones again.

That claret and blue is such an underutilized scheme in the pros, seeing it here proves why it should be used more!

The Serpents also look very nice, although the shading does make the serpent look like it has chicken pox.

I think there's a good chance Dosa City comes into the picture soon, especially with its proximity to Vensessor and Prestonburg. DC's issues were mostly internal so a THL team would probably have better success there.

Rugrat wrote:

Both the Serpents and Wizards look awesome! Still a Bucks fan though! #UnfinshedBuisness

Thanks!

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Oh I really like that Wizards set. Believe it or not I've had an idea for a team named the wizards with the claret and blue color scheme before so it's really cool to see someone else turn it into reality. It looks great! The logo is a bit abstract, I saw the rough A shape, but I did have trouble seeing the hat. Maybe outline the brim of the silhouette? If that makes sense, it should maybe make it a bit easier to see the hat without taking away from the A. The uniforms look good as well. Overall, definitely one of my favorites in the league now. What's that font you used on the logo by the way? It's really nice.

I'm less keen on the Serpents. Mostly the color scheme. Red and green can work really well together, see the Milwaukee Bucks, but I think there's too much clashing here. I'd darken the shade of green a bit, which should help a bunch. I think the logo could be improved a bit too. The red spots on the snake seems sporadic. I think a red outline would work better. Maybe coloring the tongue red would work too. The uniforms I really like, my only critique would be removing the red stripe in between the white and black stripes on the red uniform, the red, black, and green really clash all next to each other like that, getting rid of the red stripe should clean the uniform up a bit.

I'm glad the Whales are still focusing on our future, the Kemper trade seems like a good one. Hopefully the Hass pick is good as well. 

Fort Bevin's new look is really nice, I always like a good red and blue identity.

Good work on the sigs as well, I think I'll finally update mine!

Thanks for the feedback DP. 

The Wizards' font is called FF Montreal Two. Cool font, kinda reminds me of Lord of the Rings for some reason. I like your ideas on the A. It was supposed to be fairly abstract but perhaps I can sharpen it up a bit for more clarity.

I agree on the red and green to some extent but I also wanted to illustrate a team trying to do something new. As I mentioned to Stick, the spots were supposed to be the belly stripes but I guess they don't translate well so I'll have to go back to the drawing board on that one. I went overboard on the striping so if this team sticks around I can scale it back for a simpler look.

Digging all the new looks! The Wizards look great; I'll echo Doc's concerns about the logo being almost too abstract, but at the same time, I think it works, especially given the time period. The Serpents are also excellent, and I think it's one of the better red-and-green designs I've ever seen. I really like Trowburgh's new alternate, too; the yellow pants might be a bit too much, but I'd wear that jersey. My favorite, though, might be the new Rockets look. Something about it just looks really clean, and I love the drop shadows. Great work as always!

Thanks IDM!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/23/2020 2:38 pm  #678

You already know I love claret and blue so the Wizards are a huge yes from me.

Sina is definitely interesting, the colors are unique but not overwhelming (at least to me), and the logo has a nice classic feel and it'll be interesting to see how their look evolves over time.

I was a big fan of the red, blue, and yellow for the Rockets, but I'd be lying if I said that this was a downgrade. The navy and red just look so good together with that stripe style and removing the third color really cleans up their whole look.

10/25/2020 10:35 am  #679

Welp, time for a rebuild.

Goodbye, Lauri, and thanks for the memories. You'll always be the captain in our hearts. I can't wait to see #18 in the rafters next to #2, #17, #33, and #45. On a happier note, congratulations to Don Easterling, Shane Galbraith, Paul Kauffman, and Rudy Nichols on going into the Hall of Fame, and extra congratulations to Gary Wiz on not only also going into the Hall of Fame, but on becoming co-owner and general manager of the Alko Wizards. I hope does a good job.

I'm surprised to see Sina get an expansion team, and I wish the Wildcats came back. The expansion teams look nice, though - Sina in particular. Chicken pox references aside, that logo sure looks nice. Let's just hope they don't give Adam O the captain's C. (I hate that guy)

The new Trowburgh third looks solid, but I'm not happy to see Dimitri Ranko leave the Anchors for the Herons. I just wish he'd patch things up with the Anchors' front office. I'm not be biggest fan of the Rockets' new look, though. I think the lack of yellow waters down the look.

I'm sure Section30 will agree with me on this next take: If this turns out to be Geno Pasternak's final season, I sure hope his final regular season game at Yertas Arena is one for the ages. If they hold any sort of post-game ceremony to immediately retire #10 and raise it to the rafters, I won't be surprised.

Also, fire John Morgan Hatch for crying out loud!

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (10/25/2020 11:09 am)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

10/25/2020 12:33 pm  #680

Finally got around to adding your Bancana sig, at the expense of my rickroll. Go Kings!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera