Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2020 9:18 pm  #651

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

1982 THL PLAYOFFS

Wildcard Round

7 Guilden Barbarians vs 10 Vensessor Swans
The short series started with three straight OT games that went the distance where the Swans prevailed. [VEN wins 3-2]

8 Kurohara Killers vs 9 Prestonburg Blazers
Another short series to go full, the teams battled back and forth but the Killers came up big in Game 5 to win it. [KUR wins 3-2]

Quarterfinals

1 Yubay Falcons vs 10 Vensessor Swans
The Falcons went up 2-0 before inexplicably taking their foot off the gas and allowing the Swans to win four straight to score the bigtime upset. [VEN wins 2-4]

2 Trowburgh Herons vs 8 Kurohara Killers
The Killers immediately showed they were in it to win as the Herons battled them for seven games. An Alex Kirkland goal in Game 7 won it for the Killers in the upset. [KUR wins 4-3]

3 Fort Bevin Rockets vs 6 Abrieden Bucks
A high-scoring Game 1 was an aberration as Vassily Wuopio pitched three straight shutouts to sweep the Rockets. [ABR wins 4-0]

4 Chasonne Heralds vs 5 Narva Neptunes
The reigning champs had some trouble with a feisty Neptunes squad but were able to put it away in six games. [CHA wins 4-2]

Semi-Finals

4 Chasonne Heralds vs 10 Vensessor Swans
The Swans went into Chasonne and stole two games to put the champs into survival mode. Gian Guiliano and Frankie Albertelli righted the ship, however, to get back into the series and win a Game 7 to advance to their third straight Finals. [CHA wins 4-3]

6 Abrieden Bucks vs 8 Kurohara Killers
The Bucks logged three wins to put Kurohara on the brink but the Killers came back with three straight of their own to set up a decisive Game 7. The Bucks came up big and won the series to advance to their first Finals. [ABR wins 4-3]

Up next: Chasonne vs Abrieden for the Marcotte Cup

C&C appreciated on the new playoff tree! I wanted to match the divisional and standings graphics style.

*Updated playoff graphic details

Last edited by Steelman (10/04/2020 8:53 pm)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/01/2020 9:22 pm  #652

Ah, beautiful. My second favorite team knocks off my least favorite. I'll be pulling for the Bucks, though it's notable that two UHA teams made it to the semifinals. We could've had an all-UHA Cup for the first time.

10/01/2020 10:21 pm  #653

Wow, way to show up Bucks! I was rooting for the Herons but they disappointed big time. Actually looking at it in full, there were 4 upsets this postseason! That’s quite exciting! Hoping the Bucks can use this to their advantage and upset the Heralds to potentially slow down this blooming dynasty.
As for the new playoff tree, I’d swap the Heralds v Neptunes game with the Herons v Killers game, that way you know how we ended up with the semifinal matchups.
Great work though, the new tree is a big upgrade over the last one.

10/02/2020 1:50 am  #654

Haha, good one Steel!

You can post the actual playoffs now...

pls...

10/02/2020 4:35 am  #655

Wow, what a insane bunch of playoff series!  After all the upsets, I'm a little surprised the Heralds are still in it! Lol, obviously gonna root for them as always, but the Bucks winning it all would be a fun surprise too!   Also, liking the Killers' run as an 8 seed (or 7, depending on how the graphic wants to depict them ) as it furthered their miracle turnaround.  Awfully curious to see if they can keep that up into next season!

As for the playoff graphics, I agree with Pepper that setting it up so that your eye can naturally follow who will face who in the following round would be a good idea.  I also think I'd put the finals matchup a row underneath the semifinals, so that your eye doesn't automatically get directed to the finals matchup and spoil how the semis went before reading them.   For me, when I read these, I like to slowly scroll down to take in each round, (I'd imagine some other readers do this too...... you guys do that too, right?....right?)   Other than that, huge improvement on the playoff tree!

Excited for the finals!

10/02/2020 6:54 am  #656

My Killers did well, Rockets continue their choking, which I wish would go away.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/02/2020 7:14 am  #657

Section30 wrote:

Haha, good one Steel!

pls...

I’m sorry to have to break the news to you, but this is the true playoffs...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/02/2020 8:27 am  #658

I feel that the graphics are great, but the presentation could use a bit more spacing out. So the image for the Wild Card round, followed by the recaps you have. Then the image for the Quarterfinals, followed by the recaps. Then the image for the Semifinals and the recap, and then the finals preview. By spreading them out, it makes it easier to read and still be surprised by the outcomes through the finals.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/02/2020 9:17 am  #659

Alright Bucks, let’s complete the biggest Cinderella run in THL history

10/02/2020 4:32 pm  #660

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Section30 wrote:

Haha, good one Steel!

pls...

I’m sorry to have to break the news to you, but this is the true playoffs...

Board footera