Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2020 5:28 pm  #21

Re: Term 1-Group 4

Have you two been doing much with it outside the thread? Suggestion on founding year, specific colors, logo idea, vote on mascot idea? I threw something in the ring and got "interesting" back from one person when it comes to logo. I'll back SJU suggested by SM and I think cucojo is a very unique name compared to spiders, so I'll back the beetle too. I know I said a brick color, but it didn't mesh right so I'll offer this.

9/06/2020 5:57 pm  #22

I would say the founding should be 1844. And for mascot here are our options Scorpions, Mosquitos and Beetles

9/06/2020 6:16 pm  #23

Rugrat wrote:

I would say the founding should be 1844. And for mascot here are our options Scorpions, Mosquitos and Beetles

Well Scorpions are more Southwest it feels like and less rainforest and mosquitos wouldn’t be optimal considering they are everywhere and directly harm the population with disease. Beetles has the same problem with being everywhere, but going the route of Cucojos makes it more specific for the location. Can I ask why 1844 sticks out to you? I’m just curious. What were the thoughts on those colors with a primary black?

Some other dates that play a big impact
1809 - became an official province of Spain

1821 - Minor slave revolts had occurred on the island throughout the years, with the revolt planned and organized by Marcos Xiorro in 1821 being the most important. Even though the conspiracy was unsuccessful, Xiorro achieved legendary status and is part of Puerto Rico's folklore.

1844 could work because it’s long enough after these dates to justify my idea of the school name being a tribute to Marcos Xiorro. In my mind, legendary status and folklore is high enough status for someone to deserve a school and it’s a good cause. You never see X colleges so I’d love to use Xiorro. Maybe Xiorro College, which is simple and straightforward, University of Xiorro, which is a little wordy but traditional. Or we can do use BU and DU approach and go Xiorro University of Puerto Rico and just go by Xiorro. Keep the ideas flowing!

(I highlighted key parts of the post because I know it can get wordy)

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (9/06/2020 6:19 pm)

9/06/2020 6:18 pm  #24

1844 sounds good to me

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

9/06/2020 6:46 pm  #25

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and mention that alternate jerseys are allowed. You can have up to four jerseys for each sport, one home, one road, and two alternates. 

9/06/2020 6:46 pm  #26

Puerto Rico College maybe? San Juan university? Btw has anyone tried clicking the link below my signature?

9/06/2020 6:46 pm  #27

Rugrat wrote:

Look at us just doing nothing

Chill bro. This isn't a race. This is a hobby project.

Scratch wrote:

Well Scorpions are more Southwest it feels like and less rainforest and mosquitos wouldn’t be optimal considering they are everywhere and directly harm the population with disease. Beetles has the same problem with being everywhere, but going the route of Cucojos makes it more specific for the location. Can I ask why 1844 sticks out to you? I’m just curious. What were the thoughts on those colors with a primary black?

Some other dates that play a big impact
1809 - became an official province of Spain

1821 - Minor slave revolts had occurred on the island throughout the years, with the revolt planned and organized by Marcos Xiorro in 1821 being the most important. Even though the conspiracy was unsuccessful, Xiorro achieved legendary status and is part of Puerto Rico's folklore.

1844 could work because it’s long enough after these dates to justify my idea of the school name being a tribute to Marcos Xiorro. In my mind, legendary status and folklore is high enough status for someone to deserve a school and it’s a good cause. You never see X colleges so I’d love to use Xiorro. Maybe Xiorro College, which is simple and straightforward, University of Xiorro, which is a little wordy but traditional. Or we can do use BU and DU approach and go Xiorro University of Puerto Rico and just go by Xiorro. Keep the ideas flowing!

(I highlighted key parts of the post because I know it can get wordy)

Scratch wrote:

I know I said a brick color, but it didn't mesh right so I'll offer this.

Xiorro is very interesting, I wasn't aware of that story. I don't know how we tie it in with our insect theme though. Slavery wasn't abolished in PR until 1873 though so I don't think an 1844 date works for that scenario.

I like a primary black scheme, personally. I think a 4th color needs to brighten it up though, like a yellow-gold or soft blue or something.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/06/2020 8:52 pm  #28

I’d be much more in favor of a gold over a blue. You can drop the pink if gold is preferred and go teal black and yellow. Idk about 4 main colors then the addition of white though. Oh yea the story was that it didn’t work but it started the cause. I guess it wouldn’t make sense but I thought it be interesting.

Couple notes
- can we get some tallies on team name? Looks like spiders is out. I’m personally out on Mosquito 100% and I don’t like scorpions but I don’t think it be right to veto 2. I guess a decision between Cucojos/Scorpions/Beetles. No matter what that tally is I’m good for you sweeping the table with a decision Steel.

- I don’t think opinions have been shared about the school names already presented, just more being presented. We should be funneling down ideas and picking between about 2 or 3 and I think we are at 6 right now. If everyone had one what would it be. I have no horse in this race for a name put forth.

- like I said I think we should stick to three. It seems black and teal are unanimous, but we have had no input from Rugrat/dvd about this since they said they like brick, but I’m 100% sure that would just go even more against the point made by steel to brighten it up. So I guess pink/yellow/powder blue for a third. Personally I prefer the pink and could change the shade if needed.

- I still don’t understand 1844 even though the question has been asked.

- Rugrat what’s the video have to do with this?

9/06/2020 9:17 pm  #29

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I’d be much more in favor of a gold over a blue. You can drop the pink if gold is preferred and go teal black and yellow. Idk about 4 main colors then the addition of white though. Oh yea the story was that it didn’t work but it started the cause. I guess it wouldn’t make sense but I thought it be interesting.

Couple notes
- can we get some tallies on team name? Looks like spiders is out. I’m personally out on Mosquito 100% and I don’t like scorpions but I don’t think it be right to veto 2. I guess a decision between Cucojos/Scorpions/Beetles. No matter what that tally is I’m good for you sweeping the table with a decision Steel.

- I don’t think opinions have been shared about the school names already presented, just more being presented. We should be funneling down ideas and picking between about 2 or 3 and I think we are at 6 right now. If everyone had one what would it be. I have no horse in this race for a name put forth.

- like I said I think we should stick to three. It seems black and teal are unanimous, but we have had no input from Rugrat/dvd about this since they said they like brick, but I’m 100% sure that would just go even more against the point made by steel to brighten it up. So I guess pink/yellow/powder blue for a third. Personally I prefer the pink and could change the shade if needed.

- I still don’t understand 1844 even though the question has been asked.

- Rugrat what’s the video have to do with this?

Did you watch it or not scratch?

9/06/2020 10:18 pm  #30

Rugrat wrote:

Did you watch it or not scratch?

It's a rickroll. I'm asking you to step up and start contributing or else I won't allow you to participate any more. Both Scratch and Steelman have been excellent, contributing ideas for names, colors, and even beginning logos, but you have done nothing but further confusion. So this is your last warning. STOP.

Board footera