Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/28/2020 9:02 am  #11

Re: College Sports League Ideas

QCS wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Maybe collaborate with some users? It's a good way to familiarize yourself with the community.

I wonder, if we were able to get some content creators here on board, could we each do like 3 or 4 then you'd have like 50 teams right off the bat. It might be a fun exercise given how our styles differ, so the universities wouldn't look too similar to each other. I'd be down for that, it might be a good way to get some different looks for every team.

Basically, that would create an "Open Source" college system for anyone making a league in the States, too.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/28/2020 9:26 am  #12

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

Maybe collaborate with some users? It's a good way to familiarize yourself with the community.

I wonder, if we were able to get some content creators here on board, could we each do like 3 or 4 then you'd have like 50 teams right off the bat. It might be a fun exercise given how our styles differ, so the universities wouldn't look too similar to each other. I'd be down for that, it might be a good way to get some different looks for every team.

Basically, that would create an "Open Source" college system for anyone making a league in the States, too.

Yeah, I think it would be a good place to start for a large project, and it could help out those who aren't as into the graphic design part create their own series. 

8/28/2020 10:21 am  #13

QCS wrote:

We would have to be very very careful with this... idk if you were around when the make your own college phase hit the other site (my buddy actually spearheaded that project) but it went a little sour. Not saying everyone shouldn’t be able to participate but users were scrapping together rushed work and plagiarizing just to say they had a team and be part of it... I’d be all for it and I’d ask my friend who has been doing a larger scale college series thread somewhere else what his thoughts are. Could be fun but I firmly believe there would need to be some set of criteria/standards for design/templates/location and so on.

8/28/2020 10:26 am  #14

QCS wrote:

We would have to be very very careful with this... idk if you were around when the make your own college phase hit the other site (my buddy actually spearheaded that project) but it went a little sour. Not saying everyone shouldn’t be able to participate but users were scrapping together rushed work and plagiarizing just to say they had a team and be part of it... I’d be all for it and I’d ask my friend who has been doing a larger scale college series thread somewhere else what his thoughts are. Could be fun but I firmly believe there would need to be some set of criteria/standards for design/templates/location and so on.

For sure, we'd have to try and get a standard for quality and set firm deadlines and whatnot. I wasn't around for the CCSLC project, but I think if we have a certain number of creators decided on when the project starts and we have strict deadlines for completions we could put together something pretty cool. 

8/28/2020 10:35 am  #15

I'd say we'd need to collaborate the designs (like we did for the AltHL/AltFL). None of this needs to have a deadline before a season because we're not running a fantasy season. We could make this a long term project, with deadlines to allow people to work on things as they want.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/28/2020 10:43 am  #16

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I'd say we'd need to collaborate the designs (like we did for the AltHL/AltFL). None of this needs to have a deadline before a season because we're not running a fantasy season. We could make this a long term project, with deadlines to allow people to work on things as they want.

Spitballing here. Groups of members built around region and varying skill levels to be responsible for collaborating  a conference at a time. Maybe 10-12 teams? Then we can reshuffle groups along with team leads and reassign region.

That or maybe everyone who is interested in being a conference leader gets put into a randomized draw like 4 at a time then drafts a group to work with them on their own custom conference (not saying they call the shots but the flow of  college location/mascots/colors/style is mostly presented through them then altered to fit taste and art style of the group) Once that conference is complete (9-12 teams again) we randomize another 4-5 leads and start again. Continue the process until everyone who wants to lead a conference has led one and then a massive collection of teams would be done.

8/28/2020 10:46 am  #17

Count me in!  (For the names and locations, not for design because I suck at it.)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/28/2020 10:50 am  #18

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Spitballing here. Groups of members built around region and varying skill levels to be responsible for collaborating a conference at a time. Maybe 10-12 teams? Then we can reshuffle groups along with team leads and reassign region.

That or maybe everyone who is interested in being a conference leader gets put into a randomized draw like 4 at a time then drafts a group to work with them on their own custom conference (not saying they call the shots but the flow of college location/mascots/colors/style is mostly presented through them then altered to fit taste and art style of the group) Once that conference is complete (9-12 teams again) we randomize another 4-5 leads and start again. Continue the process until everyone who wants to lead a conference has led one and then a massive collection of teams would be done.

I really like that idea, the conference leader could sort of guide the way the conference develops (big city vs college town, traditional vs modern, etc) and everyone who wants to gets a chance to. Would we have these groups working at the same time? The way I'm thinking is we have, say, 6 people working in one conference, and the leader guides the style of the conference before each member is responsible for 1-2 teams. Then the groups rotate with a new conference leader and region, with new teams getting developed. Am I correct in my interpretation of this or am I missing something? I just want to make sure I understand what you're thinking, because I think that would be pretty fun.

8/28/2020 12:42 pm  #19

I'm really liking alot of the ideas! Scratch mentioned it earlier but there was something of a community fictional college system on the CCSLC that did go sour, but I think with a bit more written rules and restrictions it could work really well. QCS, Dan and Scratch has got some really good ideas going. I have dabbled in some college making previously, my NFA universe has a custom college system. I'd be down to helping out here if I can!

8/28/2020 12:47 pm  #20

I can do names and locations, but not design.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera