Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2020 8:00 pm  #1

Association of Yorkland Football

AYF Introduction

After the enormous success of the Yorkland Hockey League and the passion it brought to the country, Prime Minister Cohrane stood at the podium on April 1st, 1994 and officially announced the government would be sponsoring a new professional sports league, the Association of Yorkland Football! Prime Minister Cochrane introduced appointed league commissioner Isaac Knox who came out onto the podium and helped Prime Minister Cochrane reveal the AYF Logo.

Commissioner Knox then revealed the AYF National Championship Trophy which will be handed out to the winner of the National Championship Game every year.

Commissioner Knox announced that the league would begin play on June 1st, 1995 and would begin with a 10 team league. Teams will play an 18 game schedule, playing every team home and away throughout the season.

Much like the YHL, Commissioner Knox will be touring around in the coming days to the different communities who have been awarded franchises to reveal team identities and uniforms.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

8/27/2020 8:02 pm  #2

Re: Association of Yorkland Football

Stop 1 - York Mills, Kelly
Owner - Martin Conrad
The York Mills Bulls are the first stop on the tour, and will be playing their home games at the Seedtronic Stadium. Wearing blue and red, the Bulls are named how their owner envisions them playing - rough and tumble, smash mouth football.

Stop 2 - Battlefield, Flamboro
Owner - Pedro Cannon
The Thunder will take the field at the Spiritechnology Stadium in the Capital of Yorkland, Battlefield. Wearing jet gray and silver, the Thunder are named after the roar of the jets of the Yorkland Air Force.

8/27/2020 8:12 pm  #3

Oh man, expanding the universe! Good luck man!

I really like the AYF logo with the field goal uprights, nice work.

I'm curious, does the USA/NFL exist in this universe? I'm unsure what to think about the Bulls. I think they look good but are they supposed to look exactly like the Bills? If so, then awesome. If not, I think you could do some things to make them be a more unique brand.

The Thunder look awesome. I love that they don't have a logo on the helmet and instead roll with the 5 stripes.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/27/2020 8:17 pm  #4

Steelman wrote:

Oh man, expanding the universe! Good luck man!

I really like the AYF logo with the field goal uprights, nice work.

I'm curious, does the USA/NFL exist in this universe? I'm unsure what to think about the Bulls. I think they look good but are they supposed to look exactly like the Bills? If so, then awesome. If not, I think you could do some things to make them be a more unique brand.

The Thunder look awesome. I love that they don't have a logo on the helmet and instead roll with the 5 stripes.

There is no USA/NFL, this is all a fictional world. The Bulls are 100% inspired by the Bills (my favourite/closest NFL team) much the same way the Bentley Stars in the YHL are inspired by the Toronto Maple Leafs. I just had to represent each with my own spin on them, couldn't help myself.

8/28/2020 8:52 am  #5

I love that look for the Thunder. I feel that the uniforms don't mesh with the tone of the logo though. The logo has lots of line and rivets and details. Then the uniforms are clean and simple without anything extra. Both are very good, but, to me, don't fit together well.

The Bulls are good. Is the pants stripe supposed to come down and end at the player's kneecap, or is that just done to show detail? Because if it is ending at the kneecap, I've been going back and forth on whether I like that or not, so I could see it as a "love it or hate it" feature with the fans.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/28/2020 9:29 am  #6

Both Teams look pretty good. Can’t wait for the rest of the league to be unveiled

8/28/2020 9:35 am  #7

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I love that look for the Thunder. I feel that the uniforms don't mesh with the tone of the logo though. The logo has lots of line and rivets and details. Then the uniforms are clean and simple without anything extra. Both are very good, but, to me, don't fit together well.

The Bulls are good. Is the pants stripe supposed to come down and end at the player's kneecap, or is that just done to show detail? Because if it is ending at the kneecap, I've been going back and forth on whether I like that or not, so I could see it as a "love it or hate it" feature with the fans.

The angle of the stripe is slightly off but that was to show that there is a double stripe otherwise it would just look singular. Ending at the kneecap though is the same as the Bills NFL set (and I think most NFL sets?)

8/28/2020 11:28 am  #8

Stop 3 - Brooklynn, South Puslinch
Owner - Rhys Robinson
The Skyscrapers of Brooklynn will take the field at Alpinefly Field wearing their black and white. Unlike the Blackhawks of the YHL, the Skyscrapers are hoping to tower over the competition in the AYF. The team is named after the downtown core of Brooklynn, where it features the biggest skyscrapers in the country.

Stop 4 - Bentley, North Puslinch
Owner - Hayden Fletcher
The Bentley Evergreens are hoping to have even a fraction of the success that the Stars have had in Bentley. Named after the trees found in the Puslinch National Forest which separates North and South Puslinch, the Evergreens will take the field wearing three shades of green. They will be playing at the Smile Motors Stadium.

C+C always appreciated!

8/28/2020 11:40 am  #9

Both Brooklynn and Bentley look beautiful! Amazing job on this so far 3point!

8/29/2020 10:19 am  #10

Stop 5 - Calcolo Creek, Chosta
Owner - Jovanni, Ramos
The Calcolo Creek Killer Whales bring sports to the West Coast and will have a great backing on the West Coast. Named after the whales which can be found in the waters off the coast, the Whales will sport black, white and ocean blue. Calcolo Creek will be playing at Marshmobile Field.

Stop 6 - Bayleigh, South York
Owner - Starling Ramos
Yes, the other Ramos brother, Starling, has taken his money to the East Coast and will be in control of the Bayleigh Bluejays. Wearing shades of blue, the team is named after the local bird which can be found circling the coast. The Bluejays will be playing at the Rushcorp Stadium.

Board footera