Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2020 7:42 pm  #21

Re: Solar League Baseball: A Future History

I like the Kings' look a lot. I'm not as much of a fan of the Islanders, only because I prefer more original work and I'm having trouble disassociating that image with Marlins. I think the color scheme is perfect for them though.

The Reign look good, though I was confused at first about the SC mark. The Rockets have an interesting look, not my favorite personally, but bright and fun nonetheless. I like the name and color scheme for the Giants but I'm not so keen on the ultra-realistic looking moon. Something more "designed" and "abstract" would look better, imo.

Oh man. Saturn killed it. That color scheme POPS and I love the splash of yellow. They're gonna have to be my second team behind the Mets for now.

Nice work thus far!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/24/2020 8:15 pm  #22

QCS wrote:

Loving the class of '12! Of those, I think my favorite is the Reign, though every team looks great. Not really feeling the "On the Moon" part on Kennedy's logo, it feels kinda tacky. The skyline/rocket trail/baseball is brilliant, however. The Halos also look great, I love the script they have. One idea for them in the future is to maybe shape the roundel like Saturn, with an extra set of rings around the center? I bet that stadium is gorgeous as well.

Thanks! Yes, the Reign and the Halos are among my favorite teams that I designed in the SLB. That's a great idea for an alternate logo! I've got something cooking in my head, thanks to you as always And oh yes. I've always imagined Saturn's stadium being goregous. I can totally imagine it being a smaller-ish stadium, maybe with around 20,000 seats or so, with massive glass dome that shows the blackness of the outer space but the planet's rings just dominate the "skyline." Like you can't miss it. 

I kind of agree with you about "ON THE MOON." It's just a weird. I added it there because I wanted to make it clear that Kennedy is a city on the moon since I didn't use "Luna" or "Moon" in the location name. 

Steelman wrote:

I like the Kings' look a lot. I'm not as much of a fan of the Islanders, only because I prefer more original work and I'm having trouble disassociating that image with Marlins. I think the color scheme is perfect for them though.

The Reign look good, though I was confused at first about the SC mark. The Rockets have an interesting look, not my favorite personally, but bright and fun nonetheless. I like the name and color scheme for the Giants but I'm not so keen on the ultra-realistic looking moon. Something more "designed" and "abstract" would look better, imo.

Oh man. Saturn killed it. That color scheme POPS and I love the splash of yellow. They're gonna have to be my second team behind the Mets for now.

Nice work thus far!

Thanks, Steel! I don't blame you about the Islanders and Marlins mash-up though. I wouldn't be surprised if I give the Islanders a re-brand someday down the road to move away from the Marlins' scheme. I'll see what I can do about the Giants and its moon logo. Not sure how I could make it look more abstract without making it look like our Earth's moon. Thanks again! I'm glad you're following this thread! 

8/24/2020 8:40 pm  #23

The new teams look great! Although I'm trying to remember who the Halos replaced. They're the first new team from both threads. The look great none the less. I agree with Steel about eventually pulling away from the Marlins look a bit for Mendez. If I'm not mistaken you had a green and blue identity for them on the old thread, I'd be interested in seeing that be brought back maybe, that color scheme isn't used in the MLB and would look great along side your other identities. Maybe a kelley and black color scheme, similar to the Dallas Stars

8/24/2020 9:00 pm  #24

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

The new teams look great! Although I'm trying to remember who the Halos replaced. They're the first new team from both threads. The look great none the less. I agree with Steel about eventually pulling away from the Marlins look a bit for Mendez. If I'm not mistaken you had a green and blue identity for them on the old thread, I'd be interested in seeing that be brought back maybe, that color scheme isn't used in the MLB and would look great along side your other identities. Maybe a kelley and black color scheme, similar to the Dallas Stars

In this "reboot" thread, the Halos replaced the Titan Scorpions as they were my "Saturn" team in that old thread. 

I remember I had a green, blue, yellow identity for the Islanders too but that was still based off the Marlins' previous set (the one that's more orange and black IRL). Before that, it was more of a Pirates-y theme (not the Pittsburgh Pirates, but like Pirates of the Caribbean type). But if I do rebrand the Islanders (I still want to keep the name and maybe the colors), I might focus on a tropical theme, such as surfers, palm trees, etc. 

8/24/2020 9:23 pm  #25

All four expansion teams look great, and I think I found my team (sorry Mars)

I'm not sure if it's the Twin Cities thing or what but I really like the Venus Reign. I love the SC logo with two dragons for the Sky Cities, and the black, red, and silver scheme just completes the look

Well done!

8/24/2020 9:36 pm  #26

Section30 wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the Twin Cities thing or what but I really like the Venus Reign. I love the SC logo with two dragons for the Sky Cities, and the black, red, and silver scheme just completes the look

Well done!

C'mon S30, we all know you have a type.  (black and red, or any scheme with light blue, also any team with two cities or sides)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/24/2020 11:06 pm  #27

Steelman wrote:

Section30 wrote:

Well done!

C'mon S30, we all know you have a type.  (black and red, or any scheme with light blue, also any team with two cities or sides)

I was just noticing that in my sig the other day, guess you guys have got me all figured out lol

The weirdest thing is that other than MNUFC, I don't think that I actively root for any teams that use light blue or are black and red in real life

8/25/2020 5:44 am  #28

Great job on the expansion teams!  Really love the Saturn Halos and Venus Reign in particular!  The use of lower case lettering is unique and the Reign have a pretty sweet logo and good color set!

Really hoping Luna can keep up their run of championship appearances! 

8/25/2020 9:26 am  #29

Well, as of now, the Halos are just going to have to be my team.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/25/2020 9:46 am  #30

Guess I’m a Rockets fan now but the Mets will be my number 2

Board footera