Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2020 3:02 pm  #91

Re: AltFL Legacy

8-8...quite a fall, but I am still in the postseason. Bring it Portland.

7/20/2020 3:34 pm  #92

The only team from our conference to not make it. Why do I have a feeling that'll be a theme with us.

7/20/2020 3:52 pm  #93

Nice!  I thought we didn't make it in at first, before remembering half the teams get in.  Now, for some more spicy peppers as an appetizer...

Also, don't worry Pepper, after about 2012, there's no way your gonna be the only team missing the playoffs in the west division.   I managed to snag the team that drafted Jamarcus Russell...... lord help me

7/20/2020 3:52 pm  #94

Troy Aikman vs Dan Marino. That could be a great game. Looking forward to hosting the Phantoms!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/20/2020 5:48 pm  #95

We made it, although tough game coming up against the defending champs.

7/20/2020 6:11 pm  #96

Tied for the worst record in the league, yeesh. I'm just gonna have to "enjoy" this ride until the Greatest Show on Turf comes to the rescue at the end of the decade.

7/20/2020 9:48 pm  #97

J. H. Ark: "What's the hold up? I want football."
Overworked staffer: "The Bandits have a bye week."
J. H. Ark: "Is that like a bank robbery?"
Overworked staffer: *Sighs* "No, instead of taking money, they take a week off."
J. H. Ark: (disappointedly) "Oh."

7/20/2020 10:31 pm  #98

JamHeronArk wrote:

J. H. Ark: "What's the hold up? I want football."
Overworked staffer: "The Bandits have a bye week."
J. H. Ark: "Is that like a bank robbery?"
Overworked staffer: *Sighs* "No, instead of taking money, they take a week off."
J. H. Ark: (disappointedly) "Oh."

*double facepalm*

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/21/2020 8:34 am  #99

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcPPk4b1O3U47pjCDZrK1iw2001 AltFL Wildcard Round

NOTE : Remember this Friday night at 8:30 ET is our Fantasy Draft on Fantrax.  If you have any questions before the draft please send them my way.  

DIVISIONAL ROUND MATCHUPS:

Buffalo Bolts @ Arizona Scorpions

Portland Grizzlies @ Kansas City Scarecrows

St. Louis Explorers @ Boston Nightriders

Carolina Reapers @ Dallas Bandits

Also if anyone is interested in watching old school NFL Films Season Highlight shows about their team in the current season - check out this youtube channel.  They have a lot of them.  You can also enjoy vintage commercials.  I was such a nerd growing up and loved these so much.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcPPk4b1O3U47pjCDZrK1iw

Last edited by Gritty (7/21/2020 9:30 am)

7/21/2020 8:49 am  #100

Out of curiosity, the 11th and 12th seeds (Phantoms and Bolts) both finished 8-8, but there were two teams that were left out of the playoffs at 8-8 (Cyclones and Destroyers). How are you determining tiebreakers?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera