Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/28/2020 3:17 pm  #21

Re: Possible Community Project - Fictional Colleges

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I'd say we build our version of a Power 5, then add in a group of 5. If we want to go farther than approx 100 teams, we'd keep building from there.

This is what I'm thinking, just set up the replacement for our universe's power 5 and stretch it out from there.
Also focusing on just the big 4 sports could also work. Although if someone who's got a fictional sport wants to make some concepts for their sport that could be fun too.

8/28/2020 3:18 pm  #22

I agree with what's been said here, we'll try and get essentially a "Power 5" and "Group of 5" conferences that's available for anyone to use for their projects. As for individual histories, founding date and perhaps HBCU or not and basic things like that would be helpful in creating identities. 

I'll be figuring out individual details soon, but if anyone has suggestions for me shoot me a DM. 

8/28/2020 3:19 pm  #23

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I'd love to be apart of it, Wallflower mentioned using it for his universe and I might use it for mine too.

Gotcha! I like that. Almost having a library for people to use for their own projects. It could be applicable for anyone's project.  It's a fun idea.

8/28/2020 3:20 pm  #24

Gritty wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I'd love to be apart of it, Wallflower mentioned using it for his universe and I might use it for mine too.

Gotcha! I like that. Almost having a library for people to use for their own projects. It could be applicable for anyone's project.  It's a fun idea.

Yeah, I think it'll work as both a community exercise and a source for people to use.

8/28/2020 3:34 pm  #25

I'm more than willing to help with the creating of team and locations especially up in the Northeast where I am.

8/28/2020 3:36 pm  #26

This sounds like a blast! Would love to be a part of something like this.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

8/28/2020 4:24 pm  #27

I don't know how much I'd be able to contribute with my own project, but this sounds really interesting and I would love to be involved in some way

8/28/2020 10:39 pm  #28

Sounds interesting and I certainly like to be part of it and help oversee it. Having been part of that college sports thread on the mothership, there are definitely a lot of pitfalls that need to be avoided. However, with some good structure and leadership, it could be a very fun ongoing project as long as it wasn't rushed.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/29/2020 4:58 am  #29

I'm not too keen on college designs, as I find them boring and lack luster, with less room for creativity than pro leagues. Add to that the fact I can only design hockey, this project might not be great for me. I think I could help with Canadian locations, especially in Ontario, but other wise, I think I'll curl up on the couch and enjoy the designs. I can pitch in with C+C though, as always.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/29/2020 9:27 am  #30

What if we scrapped the design aspect or made it optional, to avoid crappy designs. We could simply identify them the way sportsfan7 did with D4, which is brilliant. We could add colors in lieu of a design if one does not feel comfortable designing. Just with all of the schools, list their colors, or even give a school name their font color to show the school colors

Board footera