Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2020 5:29 pm  #31

Re: The American Premier League

This is more of a design critique, but I feel like the lightning bolt should be behind the Strikers wordmark on Philly's crest.
Outside of that my favorite sets are either Pittsburgh's or Phoenix, so I'll root for either of them.

7/09/2020 5:52 pm  #32

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

This is more of a design critique, but I feel like the lightning bolt should be behind the Strikers wordmark on Philly's crest.
Outside of that my favorite sets are either Pittsburgh's or Phoenix, so I'll root for either of them.

I'll try that. My problem was that it ended up not looking like a lightning bolt anymore because the traditional zig zag was covered.  I'll whip that up again and you can tell me which you prefer.  I was torn.

7/09/2020 5:55 pm  #33

GoRedSox96 wrote:

Go Sentinel! What group are we in and who do we play in round 1?

Sentinel is in Group E, in round 1 they will be facing Alpha Miami, Chicago Millennium, and Heartland KC.  Their first game is Saturday 10:30 ET versus Chicago.  

7/09/2020 9:50 pm  #34

The Indianapolis Machine have withdrawn from the tournament due to positive Covid cases.  This means that the tournament now features 24 clubs.  Originally there was a group of 6 teams.  So instead of a group of 5 and a group of 3, we have moved Gateway Athletic (St. Louis) to Group B.  That means the two new groups are as follows:

Group A: 
Minneapolis 10,000s
Three Rivers FC
Phoenix City
Atlanta Arsenal

Group B:
Real Cleveland
Washington Vanguard
Bayern Milwaukee
Gateway Athletic

7/10/2020 8:36 am  #35

Minneapolis 10,000s 1 – Three Rivers 0

In a battle between the two favorites of Group A at the APL is Back Tournament, the Minneapolis 10,000s edged past Three Rivers 1-0 on Thursday morning to take a big step towards making their way to the knockout stage.

Alejandro Munoz got the game’s opening goal, a tidy finish from a tight angle.  Tim Jackson got a hand to it but not enough to guide it wide.  A few minutes later, Casper Kovolaski found the back of the net but the finish was correctly ruled offside. 

Then it was time for Alex Brooks to come up big.  In the 86th minute, the 10Ks keeper made a sprawling save to deny Three Rivers from a close range attempt.  That save helped preserve all three points for Minneapolis. 

Goals
63’ Alejandro Munoz

Man of the Match
Alex Brooks, GK, Minneapolis

AC Sol 1 - Philadelphia Strikers 0 

Gordie Russo smashed a half volley past the keeper, and a dominant AC Sol side overcame some wastefulness in the final third to defeat Philadelphia 1-0 in both teams’ Group C opener of the tournament. 

Russo took a pass and cut back to elude the defense just inside the penalty area, then unleashed a vicious strike from just inside the 18 that left the keeper Fiori little chance. AC Sol outshot the Strikers 19-7 and led 4-2 in efforts on target, but still required exceptional defense to preserve the lead.

Goals
56’ Gordie Russo

Man of the Match
Gordie Russo

Today's Matches: 

7/10/2020 8:38 pm  #36

Way to go 10Ks! Hopefully we keep it up and move on

I'm pulling for Cleveland and KC in the next matches

7/12/2020 12:48 pm  #37

Simply amazing stuff here. Great names and great crests.

I may live in Minnesota now, but my support goes, of course, to Bayern Milwaukee, considering that I had played for the Bavarian Soccer Club of Milwaukee back in the day.

7/12/2020 9:30 pm  #38

Sorry I haven't been able to do the game recaps over the weekend. I'll be back with those starting tomorrow.  Just a quick recap on scores of the tournament thus:

Atlanta Arsenal 2 - Phoenix City 1

Minneapolis 10,000s 1 - Three Rivers 0

AC Sol 1 - Philadelphia Strikers 0

Washington Vanguard 0 - Real Cleveland 0

Alpha Miami 1 - Heartland KC 0

Chicago Millenium 4 - Sentinel 0

Sporting San Francisco 2 - Caesar Sportivo 1 (SF scored two goals in extra time to come back and take the lead)

This morning's game between Charlotte Athletic and Baltimore Ramparts was postponed and rescheduled to Monday morning due to Covid concerns.

This week's games:

7/12/2020 9:32 pm  #39

Yeesh, really Sentinel? 

7/12/2020 9:44 pm  #40

Darknes wrote:

Yeesh, really Sentinel? 

Chicago had a hat trick. They came ready to go.

Board footera