Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2020 9:42 pm  #91

Re: The American Premier League

With a few irons in the fire I haven't done too much for the British Isles league.  Here's the next installment. London Public FC

7/23/2020 11:20 pm  #92

Oh London Public is fantastic! Love what you did with them. Super creative. I hope you devote a full thread to this side series at some point. Public is my early rooting favorite.

And go Duuuuuuuvallllllll.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/24/2020 8:44 am  #93

@Steelman The Premier League starts back up in September.  I'll work on the British Isles League for then.  It'll give me a chance to role out the other clubs and their stories.  

Now moving on to the APL Expansion...I tried something out for fun.  Inspired by Charlotte FC's reveal 

Please welcome Duval SC.  When I had selected Jacksonville as a city I hadn't thought of Duval as a possible name.  But once it was suggested I knew that was going to be it.  I liked Trident a lot but I had just done a Trident inspired team in Mersey FC.  

The logo is unique to the APL - and I am sure will meet mixed reviews.  I have been wanting to find a way to work in a Juventus inspired logo into the league.  The Juventus style features a big letter 'D'.  However the negative space made by the 'S' for Soccer Club creates a 'J' for Jacksonville.

Ultimately the team will lean into the Teal, Black and White color scheme.  Team owner Shahid Khan wanted Duval SC to fit as brothers with his Jacksonville Jaguars.

Next week, in addition to the Knockout Stage of the APL is Back Tournament we will work on APL Las Vegas.  We have a lot of good suggestions already. Feel free to add your if you'd like.  As of now we have more to choose from than Jacksonville. 

7/24/2020 1:45 pm  #94

Duuuuuuval's looking good, feeling a bit of Juventus from the logo. (Additionally, in the logo there's a "J" because of the split, was that intentional 'cause it's quite clever.)

Let's go Athletic, win it for the CLT!

7/24/2020 5:06 pm  #95

C'mon Sentinel! Let's toss that fruit back into the Harbor!

7/24/2020 5:41 pm  #96

I really like all your British Isles teams, although I think not having all the kits be the exact same design would be a bit more realistic.

7/25/2020 9:21 am  #97

Time for the Knockout Round! 

Vegas odds favor Hawaii Ho'ohui with a 17% to win it all.  Minneapolis is second with 9% chance.  We'll begin to find out tonight.  

7/25/2020 2:34 pm  #98

London Public looks like all class. I love when that style of lion is used, actually like to see any animal used in a traditional crest type way. Again, the font is awesome! Out of the park! Like the chest stripe and the blue/red/(what Im guessing is) blue primary kit. The chest looks so odd without a sponsor, but I like the tradition to it.

Now, to head back and comment on the looks of the teams from the colonies. Minneapolis would be perfect if Kellogg's would just change their logo to white to let that look thrive. Not their fault, so they still get a 10/10. Same case with LA, I am not a huge fan of their logo, but the unique take on vertical stripes is stunning. Idk what the right way to go with the sponsor would be, but the way In-N-Out handled it does not seem right. What is up with their "O"?  Atlanta is simple and classy. They might be my favorite all together look coming out of the group stage, so far. Peach primary is what puts them so far up there. The strikers are also done well. I like the subtle lightning bolt a lot, and although the Wawa logo is red, I think it fits in well.

7/25/2020 2:45 pm  #99

Go Sol!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/26/2020 9:11 am  #100

Saturday's Recap

Atlanta Arsenal 1 - Philadelphia Strikers 0

Tesho Akindele took advantage of a defensive miscue to help lift Atlanta to a 1-0 victory over Philadelphia Strikers in the APL is Back Tournament Round of 16 Saturday night.

Arsenal advanced to the quarterfinals to face the winner of the Round of 16 clash between the Washington Vanguard and Hawaii Ho'ohui Monday at 11pm ET on FS1

With Jhegson Mendez nipping at his heels, Rod Fanni took a heavy touch on an attempted back pass. Clement Drop was off his line and unable to field the pass, leading to Akindele's easy tap in.

Arsenal was the more dangerous teaming the scoreless first half, but five gilt-edged chances went awry.  The biggest talking point came late when Mendez was played in by Akindele to beat Diop.  But the goal was called back for offside. Romell Quioto nearly had the 80th minute equalizer but the Honduran's downward header was just wide of the post.

Minneapolis 10,000s 1 - AC Sol 0

A second half goal by Sergio Santos was the difference in a tight APL is Back Tournament Round of 16 match between Minneapolis and AC Sol.  

As a result, the 10,000s claimed a 1-0 victory Saturday night and advance to the quarterfinals on Thursday to meet the winner of Caesar Sportivo and Bayern Milwaukee. 

Board footera