Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2020 5:41 am  #921

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

That was pretty funny Dan O'Mac!  Though I dunno about disregarding the top mascot though, you could at least use her as a template for what your cheerleaders would be wearing to Emperor games.  She's at least got the right colors on, (other than gray).  Good stuff!

7/02/2020 8:20 am  #922

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- The Utah Raptors' owner, WithaCapitalG, announced plans to open the season in a new stadium for the 2020 season with a new facility sponsor.

The Raptors will move on from sharing Rice-Eccles Stadium with the University of Utah and open a dual-purpose stadium to be shared with the MLS team Real Salt Lake. This 61,550 seat stadium will include an open-air top making for frigid Salt Lake games in November and December. 

"We've worked at this for quite some time," WithaCapitalG said, "It's exciting to usher in a new era like this with a brand new coach in Saban. We'd of course like to thank the Utah Utes for their hospitality over these past few years."

The new stadium also brings in a new, SLC-based sponsor. BRCC Stadium is headlined by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Noted for their work with US veterans. Fans asking for renderings will have to wait until an artist rendition can be completed.

"We have no renderings yet but will open those to the public as soon as they come available," WithaCapitalG said, "But for now, I'm on vacation. So those don't seem quite as important right now."

Last edited by WithaCapitalG (7/02/2020 8:20 am)

7/02/2020 11:15 pm  #923

Louisville, KY
The Stallions are pleased to announce that they have secured the head coaching services of Tony Dungy and that they'll be holding training camp at Miami University's Yager Stadium in Oxford, OH.

Only the written records of his travels survive.

7/02/2020 11:51 pm  #924

Breaking News

Kansas City has just announced their training camp will be held at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. When asked why this choice was made, the team’s owner commented

“I have no clue where the college is, I just know it’s 12 mins from DisneyWorld and that will be a treat for the guys. We have no intentions to train at the school. We are getting dorms cheap and then heading to the Magic Kingdom every day of camp. Not only will the guys walk 20 miles a day, but they will learn to dream big. I picked a college because the commissioner told us it had to be a college. On an unrelated note, please don’t tell Gritty.”

An odd move from KC’s owner, but what else do you expect from a guy who insists you call him by his user handle?

7/03/2020 9:27 am  #925

Welcome to the 2020 AltFL Rookie Draft!

The draft is officially open.  It will run in a snake style for two rounds.  Arizona will have both the first and last pick of this draft.  The Draft will follow the same format as the owner draft.  Please check back every once and a while if you can to keep the draft moving. With that said, we understand that it is a holiday weekend so enjoy the festivities with your families and friends.  

Remember this is the roster of every AltFL team.  Use your draft pick to pick accordingly: 

Starting Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DL, DL, LB, LB, DB, DB
Bench: 10 spots

The value of 'hitting' on your draft picks is their affordable keeper value.  If done wisely you can build a championship contender with big time value through the draft. 

With that said: 

With the first pick in 2020 AltFL Rookie Draft...the Arizona Scorpions select Joe Burrow, QB, LSU.  

"While there a lot of great prospects in this draft.  The Scorpions are looking to add their QB of the future by taking the Tiger King."

The Kentucky Stallions are on the clock.

Let's keep this thread for draft picks only.  All commentary can be done in the Discussion Thread.

7/03/2020 9:29 am  #926

ORLANDO GALACTICS STADIUM

The Galactics announced that a brand new stadium will be opened for the 2020 season to replace the older Orlando Stadium. Orlando Stadium has been the team's stadium for as long as they have been in the city. It is a pretty typical open-air stadium that holds 60,000. Nothing too special about it. 

With their new stadium which won't be too far from downtown Orlando will be a part of a new complex. The Stadium will have a futuristic style roof that gives a very space-like design. The stadium will be known as "Supernova Stadium: and will hold 67,521, which is a bit smaller than other stadiums in the AtlFL. Wallflower has no concerns, however, stating the Stadium will have a grand and unique atmosphere. He also mentioned the ability to expand seating if necessary for playoff or even championship games. The Building will feature many colourful lights and designs to give it an intergalactic feel. 

Wallflower also noted that the Scarecrows decision to train within the Orlando market was not a concern, "I'm sure the QB's can take some accuracy tips from some Stormtroopers."

7/03/2020 11:26 am  #927

I am maintaining a map of teams' legacy and current stadiums and training camp locations at this address. (If  a speculated location is wrong, let me know.)
An "influence map" can be found here.

7/03/2020 1:50 pm  #928

Just while we wait a bit, I threw a draft post together for Arizona.  Maybe Joe Burrow isn't Tiger King any more but maybe Scorpion King? 

7/03/2020 2:03 pm  #929

That looks great! It makes it feel that much more realistic.

7/03/2020 4:06 pm  #930

With apologies for the delay, the Kentucky Stallions select Receiver Jerry Jeudy from the University of Alabama.

Only the written records of his travels survive.

Board footera