Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2020 11:40 am  #211

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

I would say make a new post with the Stadium and Training Camp sites, that way people will be more likely to see it. If you were to just edit with coaching announcement, it might not be seen as much when more people put out their announcements. I'm probably gonna do the same thing.

I included mine because I knew exactly where I was going with it. I was most concerned the Burmy was going to take my coach. I feel like we should have a thread only for Gritty, where he can post information for coach, stadium, training camp, etc. as a reference for us all.

Can the league hire Hue Jackson for the Scorpions?

I mean, it’s evil, but do we really need to draw his ire again when he comes back?

That's up for Gritty to decide since he technically "owns" the team as the league owns it at the moment.

6/30/2020 11:40 am  #212

Dan O'Mac wrote:

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

I would say make a new post with the Stadium and Training Camp sites, that way people will be more likely to see it. If you were to just edit with coaching announcement, it might not be seen as much when more people put out their announcements. I'm probably gonna do the same thing.

I included mine because I knew exactly where I was going with it. I was most concerned the Burmy was going to take my coach. I feel like we should have a thread only for Gritty, where he can post information for coach, stadium, training camp, etc. as a reference for us all.

Can the league hire Hue Jackson for the Scorpions?

I mean, it’s evil, but do we really need to draw his ire again when he comes back?

Hue is a good enough coach that he was an NFL level coach at many levels from 2001 to 2018, was hired as a Head Coach multiple times. I mean, if he doesn't like it when he gets back, he could just fire him, right? That would be a very Hue Jackson storyline, too.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/30/2020 11:53 am  #213

True, but I’m looking more into his record as a head coach and his history with players.

At this point, I’d say give Arizona the walking clap machine Jason Garrett.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/30/2020 12:01 pm  #214

I made a quick change to my coach going with Vrabel instead of Harbaugh

6/30/2020 12:02 pm  #215

Darknes wrote:

I like that move a lot.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/30/2020 12:10 pm  #216

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Darknes wrote:

I like that move a lot.

Anyone want to do a coaching hire report card?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/30/2020 12:14 pm  #217

True, but I’m looking more into his record as a head coach and his history with players.

To be mired with Garrett..... always adequate enough to never get good picks, never a real threat to the title....as an Eagles fan, I rather love how cruel that is!  So long as we also dictate that the owner isn't allowed to fire him for 9 seasons!

6/30/2020 12:16 pm  #218

Anyone want to do a coaching hire report card?

I’d give myself a C+

Last edited by ThisIsFine (6/30/2020 12:17 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/30/2020 12:23 pm  #219

Stickman wrote:

To be mired with Garrett..... always adequate enough to never get good picks, never a real threat to the title....as an Eagles fan, I rather love how cruel that is!  So long as we also dictate that the owner isn't allowed to fire him for 9 seasons!

He should definitely be on a nine year minimum contract. If you bring him in, you have to deal with all of his follies!

6/30/2020 12:24 pm  #220

Did Dire Bear just hire Nagy 2018 or Nagy 2019?

Board footera