Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2020 9:59 am  #561

Re: AltHL Legacy

NO! Gritty, Hasek signs with Ottawa, not Tor...wait. Wrong universe...Sorry....

Seriously, though, this was an awesome season, with an even greater playoffs. GGs to both winners. ThisIsFine and I will get our revenge next season, Gritty. We know where your home arena is...Sleep with one eye open, mate.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/26/2020 10:21 am  #562

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Seriously, though, this was an awesome season, with an even greater playoffs. GGs to both winners. ThisIsFine and I will get our revenge next season, Gritty. We know where your home arena is...Sleep with one eye open, mate.

I forgot he signed with the Sens after his first stint with the Wings.  

6/26/2020 1:08 pm  #563

Gah!  Good series CC!  We'll get you next year, I'm sure!  

6/26/2020 1:23 pm  #564

Congrats Seattle!

6/26/2020 7:58 pm  #565

Why is god hating me on this? What about me? Where is my playoff appearance?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

6/26/2020 8:36 pm  #566

Gritty wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Hey, most people probably don't remember a lot of the good players who've passed through the capital, so don't worry. Yashin, Bonk, Kovalev, Chara, Jason York. I think we've had a couple other big wigs in our colours.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/26/2020 10:02 pm  #567

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Hey, most people probably don't remember a lot of the good players who've passed through the capital, so don't worry. Yashin, Bonk, Kovalev, Chara, Jason York. I think we've had a couple other big wigs in our colours.

The Heat Daddy

6/29/2020 9:35 am  #568

We all may be distracted by the Owner Draft but the AltHL forges on.  It is time for the 2012 Season.

The year was 2012 and the iPad mini has become the nation's sensation.  Facebook bought Instagram for a billion dollars, Obama won reelection, and you could pay a little extra to see a movie in 3D or IMAX.  For the first time people were sharing memes on social media.  Michael Phelps and the Fierce Five dominate the Olympics in London. The top three songs of the year were Gotye's 'Somebody that I Used to Know', 'Call Me Maybe', and Fun's 'We Are Young".  The big movie franchises had big years at the top of the box office...Avengers was #1, James Bond's Skyfall got his swagger flag, and the Dark Knight trilogy came to a close with Bane in Dark Knight Rises.  A big year for Oscar movies, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo (oscar winner), Django, Les Mis, and Lincoln.  But the most important thing that happened that year was the AltHL's 13th season.

2012 Season:
In the immediate wake of 9/11 the AltHL's preseason was stopped in remembrance.  President Bush's address was projected throughout many of the league's arenas.  Due to economic hardships the Charlotte Racers were driving towards bankruptcy and could no longer afford Jaromir Jagr's lucrative contract and traded him to Seattle.  

(a few years from now) If we want to talk about Lottery Conspiracies...the Penguins were going bankrupt for the second time and about to move to Kansas City, Mario Lemieux has to rally funds to buy the team.  At their lowest point the Pens earn the second spot in the lottery and draft Malkin.  They also won the top pick in another draft to draft Fleury.  Then the NHL goes to a lockout.  And instead of making the lottery fair, the Penguins were allowed to get the top pick again and they drafted Crosby.  Hmmmm.  Suddenly the Penguins have nothing to worry about.  (Angry Flyers Fan rant here).

2012 Draft
7 - Mike Komisarek - D - Dragons
9 - Tuomo Ruutu - F - Kingfishers
10 - Dan Blackburn - G - Founders
13 - Alex Hemsky - F - Sawblades
15 - Igor Knyazev - D - Bighorns
17 - Carlo Colaiacovo - D - Wranglers
18 - Jens Karlsson - F - Owls
19 - Shaone Morrisonn - D - Gargoyles
20 - Colby Armstrong - F - Racers
22 - Jiri Novotny - F - Arrows
26 - Jason Bacashihua - G - Titans
27 - Jeff Woywitka - D - Glaciers
28 - Adrian Foster - F - Loons
29 - Adam Munro - G - Kingfishers
30 - Dave Steckel - C - Owls
------
Beyond the First Round
32 - Derek Roy - F - Arrows
49 - Michael Cammalleri - F - Owls
55 - Jason Pominville - F - Arrows
63 - Peter Budaj - G - Chevaliers
71 - Tomas Plekanec - F - Dragons
95 - Patrick Sharp - F - Glaciers
101 - Cory Stillman - F - Ghosts
161 - Mike Smith - G - Titans
214 - Cristobal Huet - G - Owls
221 - Johnny Oduya - D - Seawolves
------
Draft By Non AltHL Teams
1 - Illya Kovalchuk - F - Thrashers
2 - Jason Spezza - F - Senators
6 - Mikko Koivu - F - Wild
16 - RJ Umberger - F - Canucks
98 - Jordin Tootoo - F - Predators
99 - Ray Emery - G - Senators
232 - Martin Gerber - G - Mighty Ducks
264 - PA Parenteau - F - Mighty Ducks

6/29/2020 9:54 am  #569

Personally I'm glad the Rovers seem to be Wizards at the Free Agency and Trade markets. Because it seems like that we suck at drafting.

6/29/2020 10:55 am  #570

In other canon related news, this is the year my first trial as a prosecutor also happens. To think 8 years after this, I’d buy a franchise that is the Racers

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera