Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2020 7:28 pm  #1731

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

TourneyEarnie wrote:

Something I would like to see for future season is the ranking of all that teams in in league. Maybe making the top 20 in red, and the rest in black. I am not sure how difficult this would be to pull off. But I think it would be interesting to see how strong one league is compared to another

Sounds like it take a board of analysts. Section30, you looking to start MSPN? The Minnesota Sports Programming Network.

6/25/2020 7:46 pm  #1732

Wow, way to go Eveleth. St.Paul was atleast expected. How do you go and do that.

6/25/2020 9:04 pm  #1733

TourneyEarnie wrote:

Something I would like to see for future season is the ranking of all that teams in in league. Maybe making the top 20 in red, and the rest in black. I am not sure how difficult this would be to pull off. But I think it would be interesting to see how strong one league is compared to another

I've thought about this kind of thing. I don't think I'd be able to rank every team every season but I might be open to expanding it to the top 25-30 and bottom 15-20.

I think that a graphic to show which leagues are the best and worst could be doable in the future, I also am considering ranking other things such as attendance, toughest places to play, and other things

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Sounds like it take a board of analysts. Section30, you looking to start MSPN? The Minnesota Sports Programming Network.

I think this is a joke but it actually got me thinking and something like this could be kinda interesting actually. I don't really know how to do any tech stuff but if someone was interested in helping me I think that creating a panel of "MAHL Annalists" where after I post the standings people can vote to rank the top 25 or whatever by tallying the votes together

6/25/2020 9:19 pm  #1734

I'd be interested

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

6/25/2020 9:38 pm  #1735

This Wikia keeper would certainly be interested!

6/25/2020 9:44 pm  #1736

Ok so I'm gonna be up at my cabin with some friends this weekend so I won't be able to post anything as far as the offseason goes, here are the Playoff Brackets for all of the regions in the meantime.

There are a couple rivalries in the knockout/first round such as Alexandria-Brainerd, St. Paul-Como (who knew the decision to rank the V's above the Lions would give them home ice against them), and Mankato-St. Peter

Let me know your thoughts and predictions, comments are appreciated!

6/25/2020 11:55 pm  #1737

Burmy87 wrote:

This Wikia keeper would certainly be interested!

As the only other editor of the Wiki, I'd like to offer up my name for a slot.

6/26/2020 7:51 am  #1738

Have a great weekend! I would also be willing to serve on a panel.

6/26/2020 9:03 am  #1739

Section30 wrote:

I think this is a joke but it actually got me thinking and something like this could be kinda interesting actually. I don't really know how to do any tech stuff but if someone was interested in helping me I think that creating a panel of "MAHL Annalists" where after I post the standings people can vote to rank the top 25 or whatever by tallying the votes together

I'd be in for that.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/26/2020 9:25 am  #1740

Dan O'Mac's First Round Thoughts:

North:

Play-in games, I've got the Voyageurs, Beavers, Lumberjacks and Wood Ducks.

From there, look for the Cloquet Broncos to upset the Virginia Royals. Don't know why, but I've got a hunch.

Coleraine and Bemidji are going to play a close one, you're not going to want to miss that one.

Little Falls and Fargo are going to to be another can't miss. I'm not sold on the Barbarians, so don't be surprised to see the winner of this one in the Super Series.

Twin Cities:
We're missing some stalwarts here! First off, Anoka will take down the Retrievers in a matchup of teams with some gorgeous uniforms.

Although I love seeing the Polka in the playoffs, I don't think they have what's needed to get past the Muskies, and Minnetonka will advance.

Look for the Roosters to have to fend off a big challenge from the Panthers. This one could easily go either way.

My upset pick here in the the Twin Cities is Como over St. Paul. They're feeling upset over the ranking, and having to go to the Vic's ice is going to light that fire under the Sea Lions that the Victorias just won't have an answer to.

South:
First off, the uniform matchup between the Red Wing Chiefs and Faribault Flickertails is going to be amazing. I also just stumbled onto the fact that the Tilt-a-Whirl was invented in Faribault. It doesn't factor into the MAHL results, but it's a nifty fact.

I'm going to pick the Outlaws over the Pheasants in a great match, with the Flying Dutchmen getting past the Yellow Jackets on the other side of the bracket.

Look for the Owls and Shockers to play an incredibly close game. I expect this one in Overtime, with the Owls squeaking out the win.

Finally, I'm going to pick the big upset here, with the Six upseting the Cardinals.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera