Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2020 5:05 pm  #101

Re: The United Leagues of Baseball - First LA Team!

These aren't bad at all. Detroit's logo in particular looks solid! You might want to consider straightening out the tail on the Chiefs script. Also, you might want to consider decluttering the Magpies' cap logo.

I couldn't help but notice that the Western League only has 8 teams, not 9 like the other leagues. That would put the total at 35, not 36.

Anyways, go Ravens!

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (5/30/2020 5:18 pm)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

5/30/2020 5:05 pm  #102

I'd suggest maybe something like Drillers or Roughnecks for Houston, the late 70s/Early 80s had a population boom of people going to Houston to work for the Oil companies.

Carolina..that period is odd for me..like I kinda wanna suggest something atypical of that era.

Emeralds is good for Seattle, if it was a couple years later you could maybe play up a "Futuristic" theme given Seattle hosted the Worlds Fair in 1962. 

5/30/2020 5:08 pm  #103

dvdbubba27 wrote:

These aren't bad at all. Detroit's logo in particular looks solid! You might want to consider straightening out the tail on the Chiefs script. Also, you might want to consider decluttering the Magpies' cap logo.

I couldn't help but notice that the Western League only has 8 teams, not 9 like the other leagues. That would put the total at 35, not 36.

Anyways, go Ravens!

​Oops, I'll go back and edit the original post, the team missing is the second LA team

Darknes wrote:

I'd suggest maybe something like Drillers or Roughnecks for Houston, the late 70s/Early 80s had a population boom of people going to Houston to work for the Oil companies.

Carolina..that period is odd for me..like I kinda wanna suggest something atypical of that era.

Emeralds is good for Seattle, if it was a couple years later you could maybe play up a "Futuristic" theme given Seattle hosted the Worlds Fair in 1962. 

I really like Drillers for Houston, thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (5/30/2020 5:08 pm)

6/21/2020 5:30 pm  #104

I've got the next team ready! Also, I've done some tiding up. The front page is updated with links to each team posted, I'll no longer be posting my updates in new posts but rather updating the former post, and I've added each teams minor league affiliates to the write ups. Here's how the minor league system works:

The United Leagues of Baseball Minor Leagues are organized into 3 ranks. There's 1 Star, 2 Star and 3 Star. 1 Star is the top rank, or what we'd call Triple A.
Each rank has been separated into 2 leagues. So there are 6 total minor league leagues. 
There are also collegiate leagues but they have no direct affiliation with any of the teams. 
Affiliation is decided by a team's sphere of influence. So basically the team's affiliates have to be local. 
Let me know if there are any questions or things I can improve upon!

And here's the next team:

Team #4: Brooklyn Dutch Lions
Nicknames: N/A
Rivals: New York City Magpies, New York Rovers, Toronto Canadians 

ULBML Teams: Long Island Dragons, Scranton Electrics, Albany Dutch Lions 

Moving back to a team that's well known, we have the Brooklyn Dutch Lions. The Lions are a fairly successful team, as all 3 NYC teams are. They have 16 Northeastern League Championships and 4 Super Series Pennants to their name, their most recent success coming in the early 2000’s.
Their identity has been pretty much untouched for most of their history, in the early days they flipped through a few color schemes, but the original orange and navy ended up sticking around. Their primary logo is a Dutch Lion that has been around since the 50’s, being tweaked every decade or so. The uniforms are simple, an old English B is front and center on the home uniform, and a slightly different B is placed on the caps in orange. The away uniform has an arched script that says Brooklyn in orange letters outlined in navy. They are one of the few teams to not have an alternate. 

C&C Appreciated!

6/21/2020 7:58 pm  #105

This is really good!  Liking the Dutch Lions old school style, no alternates needed here!  Kinda reminds me a little of the Detroit Tigers in that sense, except even more dedicated to a simple, timeless look.  Yeah, good job there Pepper!

I appreciate you showing the League and Super Series pennants for each year, because now you can see that the Dutch Lions went through a Sox (Red or White) like drought of over 80 years in between Super Series championships, (although they clearly had many League Pennants during that span).    I can definitely imagine their fans going absolutely crazy when they did finally get that Super Series championship!

Last edited by Stickman (6/21/2020 7:59 pm)

6/21/2020 8:29 pm  #106

Noice

6/21/2020 9:19 pm  #107

Stickman wrote:

This is really good!  Liking the Dutch Lions old school style, no alternates needed here!  Kinda reminds me a little of the Detroit Tigers in that sense, except even more dedicated to a simple, timeless look.  Yeah, good job there Pepper!

I appreciate you showing the League and Super Series pennants for each year, because now you can see that the Dutch Lions went through a Sox (Red or White) like drought of over 80 years in between Super Series championships, (although they clearly had many League Pennants during that span).    I can definitely imagine their fans going absolutely crazy when they did finally get that Super Series championship!

I'm glad someone did pick up on this! Dutch Lions fans have had it so hard, so many good teams falling short of the Super Series titles through the years. They made it 3 times during that drought but lost, but they couldn't even do that from 1965 to 2005 with no appearances. They were much worse during that time, outside of some seasons in the 80's and one Cinderella year in 1971, they were constantly one of the worst in the League.

And yes I can imagine the team going nuts, especially since they had to beat The Magpies on the way to that title. The three NYC teams all have big rivalries with each other, so many diehards think of that 2005 season as one of the best in team history.

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (6/21/2020 9:22 pm)

6/21/2020 9:38 pm  #108

I am curious.  After showcasing the teams, would there be a way to see season standings and playoffs for all the seasons, (obviously, it'd be a while before that happened with 40 teams to introduce to us)?  Or is this more or less the end of the project?  Either way, it's been fun reading these!

6/22/2020 5:18 pm  #109

Stickman wrote:

I am curious.  After showcasing the teams, would there be a way to see season standings and playoffs for all the seasons, (obviously, it'd be a while before that happened with 40 teams to introduce to us)?  Or is this more or less the end of the project?  Either way, it's been fun reading these!

I don't have standings for every season. Maybe at the end of this I could post every Super Series match up and results, and find the amount of times any specific team made the post season if anyone's curious. But this is more or less the end of the project. I don't have the 2020 season simulated, so maybe I can post that as a final thing if anyone would want it. I've also thought about making sigs but since there's no more simulations going on I don't know how many would be interested. Let me know what you think about any of those ideas. 

Also, just updated Boston, here. Let me know what you think.

6/22/2020 5:49 pm  #110

Those updates are clean! As much as I hate to say it, Boston looks amazing. I've always been a fan of red over white after seeing the beautiful Hiroshima away jersey and the Hearts nail it. The Lions and Chiefs also look good, you've got a knack for making very solid jerseys if not amazing ones.

Board footera