Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2020 8:04 am  #1

NHL Rebrand by the rookie

Since 2007, the Flames haven't looked good. As a result, I present my first of many concepts for you fair folks the first of my NHL Rebrand. Enjoy, and C+C is welcome.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/13/2020 5:20 pm  #2

Re: NHL Rebrand by the rookie

(I adjusted the image size so we can see it, it was super small. In the future, copy the image address directly into the image button and it should display full-sized. PM if you have questions)

I think the concept itself looks pretty good. My main question about the Flames is always the same. Why the focus on black instead of yellow? For the red sweater, not having an outline on the numbers looks off compared to the other two sweaters. I'm also thrown off by the apparent use of two yellows, the logo being more gold and the uniforms having a volt-like color. I think the color balancing could use some work in general, as the white sweater has no yellow at all minus the logo. I like the third sweater but I think the striping is a little plain and it's missing TV numbers. I'm not sure you need the big red sides on the pants either.

Good start. I'd like to see just a little more cohesiveness. That's my C&C anyway. 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/13/2020 6:45 pm  #3

Well, I think more gold than black looks too bright, so ice always been partial to more black on the Flames. And the gold thing, well, that's just a mistake on my part. MS Paint it always the best for colours.

5/14/2020 6:23 am  #4

Taking cues from Steelman's advice, I've checked this one more closely, and I think the Avalanche now have a good alternative look. I took cues from the swooping A logo for the striping on the home and away, and the mountain for the alternate.

5/18/2020 6:46 am  #5

Next up, one of my favorite teams, and one of my earliest concepts: the Boston Bruins. The Bruins get only a slight change in their striping to bring gold out more. For the alternate, I did a type of faux-back, I suppose, using brown and classic Montreal-esque striping with a classic Bruins B logo.

C+C is most welcome!

P.S. I'm not sure what happened to the outlines on the H&A names....

5/26/2020 2:35 pm  #6

My eyes might be playing tricks on me but I seems as if the spoke B isn't entirely circular on either the home or away.

5/26/2020 9:09 pm  #7

Just checked, its a little pixelated, but circular.

6/10/2020 8:37 am  #8

A
Alright, I know its been a while since I last posted, but here's my take on the New York Islanders. I made the striping a little more interesting than the ones they use now. For the alternate, I decide to go with an orange base as I always liked the idea of the early 2000s alternate, but the execution...well, we won't go there.

You'll notice on my alternates I always try and do something different with the pant striping, and that's mainly because I feel its an underutilised element of the uniform. 

C+C welcome!

Board footera