Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2020 9:22 pm  #291

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

May I have an Asian-based hockey team in the future?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

4/30/2020 9:27 pm  #292

FC Macbeth wrote:

If the option is given to vote on then it’s voted on by the majority. I would imagine possible, but highly unlikely. Then again, I’m not Gritty the all powerful commissioner.

5/01/2020 10:18 am  #293

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Any chance of Ottawa getting a team? Count me as a hopeful Valley boy...

We'll see! We will probably look to expand the league after the first season.  I will say that Ottawa didn't fair too well the first go around.  So when the time comes be ready to make your case.

5/01/2020 10:21 am  #294

FC Macbeth wrote:

That would be an interesting prospect.  Not sure it would make a ton of sense for the AltHL.  But with that said, next year's offseason we have a project planned with an international feel.  I have a feeling that an Asian team would be perfect for that project.  We'll have to wait and see! 

5/01/2020 11:14 am  #295

Gritty wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

That would be an interesting prospect.  Not sure it would make a ton of sense for the AltHL.  But with that said, next year's offseason we have a project planned with an international feel.  I have a feeling that an Asian team would be perfect for that project.  We'll have to wait and see! 

Thanks. I'm hoping for that future to come.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

5/02/2020 12:05 am  #296

Hey guys, so to celebrate the Terrier’s first Canadian Shield recorded in the AltHL Legacy Project (although I think we might have more, Gritty can you confirm what years teams have won before 2000?), I made this championship banner, which would hang in the rafters of the Martins Coliseum and later the Wellfields Center. There are gonna be more of these if Toronto wins more Shields, but they’d all look something like this.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/02/2020 9:19 pm  #297

Gritty wrote:

We'll see! We will probably look to expand the league after the first season.  I will say that Ottawa didn't fair too well the first go around.  So when the time comes be ready to make your case.

Well, I guess I better have my A game ready then.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/04/2020 12:18 pm  #298

Gritty wrote:

AltHL Fans!

It is with great excitement that I announce the 2020 AltHL Outdoor Games.  Now that we have our three games it is time to design the logos for each of the events.  Remember the logos should not reflect the team but rather the LOCATION that they are being held.  You have until next Saturday to submit your designs to the EMAIL account.  We will then share the poll.  

In the meantime, the host teams...Boston, Seattle and New York must reach out to their ideal opponent for each events.  Once you have your opponent you are more than welcomed to make the announcement.  From then you are to design (or seek help) to design your new uniforms.  If you send them to me I will 3Dify them.  The Arctic Classic uniforms should be traditional/throwbacky, the Civic Series can honor the participating city's with a modern approach, and Atlas uniforms should be culturally appropriate for the host nation.

As for the results below...the Civic Series was the closest.  Central Park narrowly beat out Rideau Canal and Boston Commons.  The Arctic Classic was a race between Seattle, Minnesota and Denver.  The Atlas Championship was not all that close as many people are excited to see the Rovers head oversees.  

Hey Gritty, are we still voting on the event logos? 

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

5/04/2020 12:20 pm  #299

We will..just waiting on submissions. 

5/04/2020 6:37 pm  #300

You know, I think it's time I wade into the design part of this thing. What's the deadline, my orange friend?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera