Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2020 4:18 pm  #1

Ranking NFL Uniforms

Figured this might be fun since we got some comment about NHL sweaters! Feel free to add your rankings down below! Here's mine. I'm leaving out the Rams until they release their uniforms. This is as of the 28th.

Top Eleven:
1. New York Giants: Honestly, I don't see a flaw with these uniforms, some may like the throwbacks more, but these are just great. I don't hate the throwback either, it makes a perfect color rush. The shade of blue is perfect, the inconsistency between the home and away works for an almost 100 year old franchise, so do the grey pants. A++
2. Chicago Bears: Once again i don't see a problem with their uniforms. The colors are gorgeous, i like the throwbacks, the striping is great. A++
3. Indianapolis Colts: The recent changes are a mixed bag, but they stay at 3 with or without them. The number font is a big upgrade while the helmet logo change and injection of black are minor setbacks. The blue and white work so well together to make a seamless brand. The helmet is gorgeous, i'm glad they kept the grey face mask, a blue or white one would've knocked the team down a spot or two. The shoulder stripes are owned by the Colts, and its a great design to own. A+
4. San Francisco 49ers: Much like the few ahead of them, the Niners classic brand is coupled by great colors and traditional design. The helmet is great the jersey's great, the pants are great.  A+
5. Houston Texans: The nailed it right out of the gate. The only thing that would help is dropping the all navy alternate, and promoting the red over white look to the primary home while keeping the navy over white as an alternate. Otherwise, great colors, great logo, fantastic color balance and striping. A+
6. Las Vegas Raiders: I think this one is obvious. A+
7. Miami Dolphins: A lot of people hate the current look, but i think its a great mix of modern and traditional. The logo is a great progressional upgrade from the team's history and so are the colors. The font is a bit more modern but not outrageous such as other Nike abominations. The dropping of navy from the uniforms really helped out. Overall, a big fan. A+
8. Kansas City Chiefs: Again, pretty obvious, not a huge fan of the color scheme in general, but they make it work really well and they look great. A+
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: They did the right thing and reverted back to before Nike. Good for them, they look great. A unique color scheme mixed with a cool name and logo package goes a long way. The alt isn't half bad either. A+
10. Carolina Panthers: The colors carry this team to be frank. The design looks great too, and has shown to be a keeper, in the same way the Texans are. But the colors are the real show off here. Love them alot. A+
11. Baltimore Ravens: Another modern uniform that's not outrageous. The raven head is a great logo, the shield is a great secondary, the colors are great, overall a fantastic design. Just wear better combos and drop the color rush alternate. A+

The Middle Pack:
12. Washington Redskins: A
13. Cleveland Browns: A
14. Buffalo Bills: A
15. Minnesota Vikings: A-
16. Pittsburgh Steelers: A-
17. Detroit Lions: B+
18. Green Bay Packers: B+
19. Los Angeles Chargers: B
20. Seattle Seahawks: B-
21. New York Jets: B-
22. Jacksonville Jaguars: C+

The Bottom Feeders: 
23. New Orleans Saints: C
24. Philadelphia Eagles: C
25. Denver Broncos: C
26. New England Patriots C-

The Ones that Need a Rebrand Yesterday
27. Dallas Cowboys: D
28. Cincinnati Bengals: D-
29. Arizona Cardinals: F
30: Atlanta Falcons: F
31. Tennessee Titans: F

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (4/28/2020 4:19 pm)

4/29/2020 1:53 pm  #2

Re: Ranking NFL Uniforms

NFL Uniform Rankings
I tried to give a small reason for each team, for the most part, I like everything till about the "Okay" level where there are some problems I feel.

Masterpiece
Kansas City Chiefs - I like red as a main colour a lot for some reason and the gold combo is perfect. A classic look that always looks great
Minnesota Vikings - Might be a bit biased but since they went to their current look, I think the Vikings have one of the best looks in the league. Purple also happens to be a favourite colour of mine
Buffalo Bills - I love the current Bills threads. They are just classic and solid. I also like the reds as well.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - the New Bucs is just perfect. Going back to a design that I think is much bolder.

Excellent
New Orleans Saints - I will have complaints about other teams being too plain but it just works for the Saints. The Gold and Black is so bold and cool. Colour Rush is also just as great.
Indianapolis Colts - The Blue-White combo is perfect and the new updates only help
Washington Redskins - I do not agree with the brand, but the colours and jerseys are still so strong. Burgundy and Gold is unique and perfect
New England Patriots - I have been wanting them to go to their colour rush for a while now, so I am happy with their look 

Very Good
Seattle Seahawks - Might be a bit unpopular, but I have always liked the Hawks new look, the navy works and I am a fan of matte helmets (ie Vikings)
Baltimore Ravens - Purple, once again I love the Ravens look and I think they are a strong team that is heavy black. Also, I think they have one of the cooler looking helmets in the league
San Francisco 49ers - Again a classic look that has grown on me a lot over recent years, I seem to like Red heavy teams and Niners are a great example. Find their Whites to be a little boring but it works.
Denver Broncos - Had Denver a lot lower at first but overall I like the orange as a primary and frankly the numbers are great 

Solid
Los Angeles Chargers - They slid down a bit with the update, I loved their unis last year and they would have been in the masterpiece category, but I am not sure about the new ones yet. Numbers on the helmet bother me a little bit and they seem a bit off for some reason. 
New York Jets - I like the update from last year. The striping is cool and I think it works really well. A much needed update from them. 
Chicago Bears - I think the Navy-Orange colour scheme works really well, but I’m not sure about the numbers, but overall a good look.
Green Bay Packers - Again a classic look and the yellow helmets are cool, just they really need to change to the newer material for their jerseys. 

Good
New York Giants - Blue here is strong and the best part, bit plain at times, but overall a good look still
Detroit Lions - The Leos did a solid job with their update, still not a fan of the numbers and the grey colour rush, but the more vibrant blue is a huge plus
Las Vegas Raiders - I feel the Raiders get overrated a bit. It really is a black jersey with grey numbers, but yes I like the Saints, so I can understand. They definitely grew on me seeing them live. 
Cleveland Browns - Again same as Giants and Packers, just a classic look nothing much else, but good to update and go back to their bread and butter 
Miami Dolphins - I just think the colours are a bit off, I think they need to be a shade darker.

Okay
Houston Texans - I think there’s something with the striping that bugs me, Its not a bad look but 3 other Red-Blue teams did it better
Jacksonville Jaguars - I don’t mind it, just a team with so much more potential to be vibrant and just go black
Tennessee Titans - The Titans grew on me this year, I didn’t much like the new look when it came out, but I still like the double blue and they still have some solid elements.
Pittsburgh Steelers - For some reason, I have not been a fan of the Steelers jerseys, I don’t mind the alternates, I think it's the number font primarily and I'm not a fan of the striping. 
Cincinnati Bengals - I don’t mind Cinci, I just think they need to get rid of the white side stripe and simplify a little bit, but still one of the coolest helmets in the league.

Poor
Carolina Panthers - I like the colours, but their jerseys are so outdated to me, I don’t like the shoulder stripes.
Philadelphia Eagles - Green is ugly and just so old
Dallas Cowboys - Get rid of the ugly whites with mismatching colours already.
Atlanta Falcons - Oh Boy
Arizona Cardinals - I think we all get how ugly and outdated these ones are. 

I am also curious on peoples opinions on CFL jerseys as well

Board footera