Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2020 4:19 pm  #41

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

Wallflower wrote:

All for it! This whole legacy idea is great!
Gonna be fun to build that rivalry with Minne. I suppose that makes Section30 an honorary member of the Canada Club.

Haha, I have a feeling that a rivalry is bound to happen here, especially since we'll be in the same league.

4/06/2020 4:24 pm  #42

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

In this Legacy fiction would our owners have control from the start of the history? Might need to rewrite some things if that is the case.

Yeah I suppose you could slightly alter it.  I didn't think that it would drastically change things, for example the great press releases that everyone did.  You can choose to look at it the way you'd like for your own teams backstory.  

4/06/2020 4:26 pm  #43

I like the 90s-2010, it has a good blend of players that won't be playing but some that are so It wouldn't be such a drastic flip to the new teams, especially when teams have players that maybe just started their careers or are hitting their prime and then they're just gone.

In tying it together it can at least feel like there will still be some players around which would be the case when the merger happens, but they go through with the draft to balance out the league and because there would be a large influx of players coming to the league as this may be like the first national league in the "Alt World" and so players from every league (even outside of our two right now) would come to play for the new league. 

I don't even know if what I am saying will make sense to you guys but that's my idea in tying it together.

4/06/2020 4:35 pm  #44

I like all the ideas you've got for this--seems fun and exciting!

Aaaaaaand I've just cursed myself to get Arizona as my base team, haven't I?

4/06/2020 4:42 pm  #45

Knowing my luck I'll end up with Seattle somehow, lol. I can't think of any team I particularly want over others, but I feel it would fitting if I got Carolina. Either way, very excited to create some history for the Bighorns!

4/06/2020 5:01 pm  #46

I'll take you up Steel on that mods rivalry, I wouldn't mind getting at it with Darknes either, Boston and New York have to hate each other right?

4/06/2020 5:09 pm  #47

Hey Gritty, can you explain the AHL team portion?

Are you spinning a wheel every season to determine which AHL team is connected to which playoff team? or does the #1 seed in the AltHL that year get the #1 seed in the AHL that year or something like that?

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/06/2020 5:29 pm  #48

3pointtally wrote:

Are you spinning a wheel every season to determine which AHL team is connected to which playoff team? or does the #1 seed in the AltHL that year get the #1 seed in the AHL that year or something like that?

A couple of things.  I love QCS' "The Hockey Mountains" Really creative and kind of disappointed that the Avalanche have not used that yet.  For the team matchups I will only put teams that played in that era in the lottery.  For example I wouldn't put the WILD or BLUE JACKETS if we choose 1980-2000.

The AHL portion is simply for the playoff results.  The seeds will match with the corresponding seeds of the AHL.  So you were right in the latter portion of your question.  It's pretty easy as you will see.

4/06/2020 5:33 pm  #49

Gritty wrote:

3pointtally wrote:

A couple of things.  I love QCS' "The Hockey Mountains" Really creative and kind of disappointed that the Avalanche have not used that yet.  For the team matchups I will only put teams that played in that era in the lottery.  For example I wouldn't put the WILD or BLUE JACKETS if we choose 1980-2000.

The AHL portion is simply for the playoff results.  The seeds will match with the corresponding seeds of the AHL.  So you were right in the latter portion of your question.  It's pretty easy as you will see.

Thanks, I was just thinking about some kind of joke I could make based on the Rockies and it just kinda clicked, haha. I will say I am quite proud of it, even if it's mostly a slogan.

4/06/2020 6:17 pm  #50

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I'll take you up Steel on that mods rivalry, I wouldn't mind getting at it with Darknes either, Boston and New York have to hate each other right?

I think the term here is mutual animosity, going by the old Boston slogan "I root for two teams, the Sox and whomever beats the Yankees." But yeah there's going to be some hate involved. I think Boston will also have some..strong feelings towards Montreal and Toronto but have a Playstation/Brotherly rivalry with Halifax.  Plus I already know what song will be playing once the Rovers hit the ice before games. 

Board footera