Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2020 11:07 am  #201

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

QCS wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now, now, it wouldn’t be wise for me to reveal all my cards now, wouldn’t it?

Alright buddy, you and I are gonna have to talk about this. I'm willing to extend an olive branch, but I'll need some convincing about this.

By all means, name your terms.

Well, I'll ask of you this: what would it take for you to give up the Racers?

4/06/2020 11:08 am  #202

"I am currently crossing the New Mexico border now!"
"the only concerning thing is that Red was actually located in the Bay Area prior to leaving for his new city..."
- Thehealthiestscratch

That got me haha

4/06/2020 11:11 am  #203

QCS, in your post you said shocked the community, but personally I’m surprised to see a team with such a complete identity package drop that low. I might have even taken them if they were available. The team didn’t deserve to be a bottom 5 pick from the start out of respect of your design, definitely should have been top 10.

4/06/2020 11:14 am  #204

Wallflower wrote:

"the only concerning thing is that Red was actually located in the Bay Area prior to leaving for his new city..."
- Thehealthiestscratch

That got me haha

His whole character is Portlandia in completion, and it’s amazing!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/06/2020 11:15 am  #205

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

QCS, in your post you said shocked the community, but personally I’m surprised to see a team with such a complete identity package drop that low. I might have even taken them if they were available. The team didn’t deserve to be a bottom 5 pick from the start out of respect of your design, definitely should have been top 10.

I honestly think most people planned for me to get the team, given my support for Charlotte as well as the team's identity as a whole. Unfortunately, it took 14 people to successfully collaborate in order for that to happen, and even 1 thinking differently could throw the whole thing away. I understand and I'm not calling for him to give up the team for nothing at all, it's his pick, but I am a little disappointed about it. Either way, I'm glad to take part in the AltHL anyway!

4/06/2020 11:16 am  #206

Wallflower wrote:

- Thehealthiestscratch

That got me haha

I had no clue what to do for an owner so a wacky character seemed fitting for the city. I intended to give him a name inspired by a hydrant I saw on the way to work this morning and his tv shows are a low jab towards “Riverdale” haha! I appreciate that you enjoyed my dumb humor.

4/06/2020 11:30 am  #207

She has been done. Was really glad to see New York drop this far. Been in love with the brand since day one, as i said. I'm happy to be an owner.

4/06/2020 11:36 am  #208

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

She has been done. Was really glad to see New York drop this far. Been in love with the brand since day one, as i said. I'm happy to be an owner.

I'll be honest, New York was actually one of my higher-up teams, but I couldn't pass up the chance to take the ice in the Central Conference.

4/06/2020 11:39 am  #209

QCS wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I'll be honest, New York was actually one of my higher-up teams, but I couldn't pass up the chance to take the ice in the Central Conference.

Personally, I think they're a top 5 look in the league. My top 3 choices were New York, Quebec and Calgary, I would say Minnesota but they were a lock at 5 for Section so once the draft order came out they were off my board

4/06/2020 11:42 am  #210

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

QCS wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Personally, I think they're a top 5 look in the league. My top 3 choices were New York, Quebec and Calgary, I would say Minnesota but they were a lock at 5 for Section so once the draft order came out they were off my board

I agree, I had them at 5 on my wish list. Both them and San Francisco were higher on my boards but Denver gives my the chance to play Charlotte the most, so there's that.

Board footera