Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2020 10:55 pm  #1

NFL x QCS

Hey guys! It's QCS with something a little different. I know this isn't the main hub for general concepts (don't worry, I've already posted this on CCSLC), but I figured it couldn't hurt to get some advice from you guys as well. I'm trying to do an NFL redesign, and I started with my favorite team, the Carolina Panthers!

(No uniforms yet, I haven't found a good Illustrator template to use, so if you have suggestions, let me know!)

Both of the Panthers' logos have been really, really close to being perfect. The original has some issues with the facial structure and color-changing whiskers, while the current one has tons of unnecessary and simply awful detailing. In this concept, I aimed to combine the two logos into one that would fix both issues. To that end, most of the outline and structure of the logo comes from the original, while the left (our right) side is done entirely by me. I kept the black outline from the original so that the logo could be properly displayed on blue with minimal effort, and added a black outline around the blue whiskers that extend beyond the face. The facial features mostly come from the modern logo, although the left eye has been replaced by an almost mirror image of the right. The blue has also been lightened, from #0085CA to #1A99D5. I think this helps to brighten up the team overall, along with the complete removal of silver. I imagine this version of the Panthers would use blue helmets, with three combinations: Blue White White Blue, Blue Black Black Blue, and Blue Blue White Blue. The team would basically shift from being a more black-dominant team to being a blue-dominant team, helping to distinguish them from the Falcons and the Saints to an extent. 

So, what do you think? C&C greatly appreciated!

Last edited by QCS (4/04/2020 10:56 pm)

4/04/2020 11:04 pm  #2

Re: NFL x QCS

I like the adjustments here the only thing I think would make it better would be to extend the right whiskers to the nose like the ones on the left (I am referring to our perception of left and right looking at the logo). It just feels a bit off-balanced to me without the usual details that are on the right side of the face. Other than that a really strong update. 

4/04/2020 11:12 pm  #3

Yeah I agree with Wallflower, the right side whiskers don't match the left so it's throwing me off. Inset those more so the roundness of the nose is defined and you'll have a winner. I would keep them the same length, just bump them inside. I think it's a strong simple update overall.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/05/2020 7:17 pm  #4

Someone on CCSLC said the same thing, here you go!
C&C Appreciated!

4/05/2020 8:53 pm  #5

Looks much better!
Really good logo!

4/05/2020 9:04 pm  #6

Wallflower wrote:

Looks much better!
Really good logo!

Thanks! I'm looking for a good football illustrator template and then I'll be able to make some unis as well.

4/05/2020 11:28 pm  #7

QCS wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Looks much better!
Really good logo!

Thanks! I'm looking for a good football illustrator template and then I'll be able to make some unis as well.

Much improved, nice work!

I have a decent PSD Nike template somewhere if you want it. I'll check if I have any AI temps but I usually prefer PS for uni design.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/15/2020 2:06 pm  #8

Hey guys, this is back (at least, for the Panthers)! With the AltFL, I've been in a football jersey-making mood, so I whipped up a Panthers concept to go with my logo. I continued with my idea to remove silver and overall make the set cleaner. The basic design is pretty much straight from the 2012 update, with the following changes: the biggest, obviously, a blue helmet with black stripes; replacing the logo on the sleeves with TV numbers from the shoulder; the burning of silver (and blue) pants; and removing the outline on black stripes on blue backgrounds. 

The set itself has two pants options and one pair of socks, being white, black, and blue, respectively. This avoids the "unitard" look and bookend the look with blue on top and on the bottom. The away (and early home) set is white over white, the home is black over black, and the alt is blue over white. There wouldn't be any mix-and-match (mostly to avoid black pants with a white or blue jersey). So, what do you think? C&C very much appreciated!

(Quick side note - I realized the helmet stripes don't quite much up, which is wrong. They should be the same length on both sides.)

6/15/2020 2:50 pm  #9

I almost feel like the shoulder should be stripes like the helmet has going over the shoulders.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/15/2020 3:23 pm  #10

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I almost feel like the shoulder should be stripes like the helmet has going over the shoulders.

I wanted to keep as much of the current set I could, which is why they're supposed to be loops like currently. It's just impossible to create realistic loops on this template, which is frustrating. 

Board footera