Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2020 7:21 pm  #71

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

Aw man, a little disappointed mine didn't win, but these look great regardless! Congrats to Steel, the big winner here! I'm hoping to join the list of sweater designers soon, so keep those polls coming Gritty!

3/26/2020 7:37 pm  #72

Pretty sure I had, like, two jerseys submitted. I'm hoping for a win. It can't be just for our buddy, Steelman, here.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

3/26/2020 10:14 pm  #73

Earlier than promised. Time for some Heartland Hockey

[removed by admin] [Gritty will repost]

Last edited by Steelman (3/27/2020 4:32 am)

3/26/2020 11:17 pm  #74

Love the 3D style of those jerseys. Way to go the extra mile for the community Gritty!

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (3/27/2020 9:30 am)

3/27/2020 9:33 am  #75

Sorry everyone, 

In my excitement to get the Central Conference out I moved a little too quickly and missed a submission.  The submission was for Minnesota.

Unfortunately the poll has to be reset.  So if you voted already you would have to vote again.  My apologies again.  If you want to see the submissions check out the original post.  Below is the updated Minnesota group.  

https://forms.gle/WAZx6enfXGtSNSi16

Last edited by Gritty (3/27/2020 9:33 am)

3/27/2020 1:03 pm  #76

Tons of great options for this round, wow!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/27/2020 3:47 pm  #77

I had so much trouble picking a Charlotte set. All three are very good, and so similar in quality. I think C becomes a much stronger set if you swap the blue and black between primary and secondary. B with the checkerboard on the primary home and away if feel looks out of place with the shirt striping. And I look at A's gradient and get Dale Earnhardt vibes, but it needs a touch of red to really make that work, so without, makes me think it's BFBS.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/27/2020 4:27 pm  #78

*Whistles*  Dang, there were some pretty good (read, difficult) choices to make this round!  Just some analysis again.

Minnesota Loons: To be honest, I sort of wish Option C's logo was the secondary logo for the Loons, as both of the main choices for that team were great!  Nothing wrong with the word mark at all, in fact it's very good too!  As for the jerseys, color wise they remind me of the Atlanta Falcons, with the main debate for me being if the black helmet/red jersey approach was better, or if the black helmet/black jersey look reigned supreme, (if only a red helmet/black jersey look was included....).  Went with D, although the white jersey would benefit from getting Option C's primary logo, seriously having 3 equally great logos on 3 separate jerseys would be sweet!

Denver Bighorns:  Striping and number fonts are the biggest differences here, judging by how similar the color choices were.  I feel a brown helmet would benefit the white jerseys on all 3 sets, but the simplicity is really appealing on these jersey sets.

Charlotte Racers:  This is gonna be an interesting looking team no matter what option wins.  A is the most subdued to me, which is why I picked it.  However, I really appreciate how all-in Option B was on the finish flag designs without going overboard, (the light blue pants were a good touch too).  

Toronto Terriers:  Definitely the most variety in terms of designs!  Option A kept it simple, using both of the excellent logos (seriously, for only having 1 entry, the Terriers still got blessed with 2 awesome logos!) and a traditional, yet appealing use of color combos.   Option B took some risks in color combos, and it definitely stands out.  Really creative!  I really loved the maple leaf print in Option C and while not my personal choice, (it was another tough vote) I could definitely see C as a fan favorite in the community!

Winnipeg Arrows: Loved Option C, as it gives off a 70s Washington Redskins feel to it (yellow helmet with red jersey).  Definitely a winner.  Option D's white jersey is a sight to behold!  Maybe the most interesting single jersey I've seen yet, (and definitely in a good way).  

Chicago Ghosts:  Well this was probably the difficult choice I've had to make so far, as both entries wisely take a classic and uncomplicated design approach with this jersey set!  Love the number font and striping on Option A, but holy heck!  Did Option B make a winner out of the alternate jersey!  Loving the use of stars from the Chicago flag here and the reverse color approach with the ghost!  Never thought a gray and white jersey could be striking, but for me, this is!  Both of these were really good!

I sound like a skipping cd, but truly amazing work yet again by everyone!

Last edited by Stickman (3/27/2020 4:30 pm)

3/28/2020 1:30 pm  #79

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I had so much trouble picking a Charlotte set. All three are very good, and so similar in quality. I think C becomes a much stronger set if you swap the blue and black between primary and secondary. B with the checkerboard on the primary home and away if feel looks out of place with the shirt striping. And I look at A's gradient and get Dale Earnhardt vibes, but it needs a touch of red to really make that work, so without, makes me think it's BFBS.

I think for Set C it's supposed to be switched, just cause of the different striping. That was my pick based on that guess.

3/29/2020 12:29 pm  #80

Make sure you get your submissions in by this evening for the Western Conference.

That's the...Vancouver Glaciers, Calgary Wranglers, San Francisco Dragons, LA Titans, Portland Sawblades and Seattle Seawolves.  

I will not jump the gun this time when it comes to sending out the poll.  If you haven't voted for the Central please do the polls are even closer than the East was.  We currently have three teams separated by a single vote.

Board footera