Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2020 2:26 am  #51

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

Hey guys, sorry I've been offline and haven't gotten to working on the template or finding that AI version.

I am wondering, however, my template is much more vintage and this is a modern league, so once we collect all the initial designs it'd be nice to take a deeper look into potential template options.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/20/2020 2:54 am  #52

Here's a blank PNG version, hopefully this is helpful.

Link: bY2olYs.png

3/20/2020 6:11 pm  #53

I ended up using the IceBorn template from Iceletics, which includes all the things from Steel's template. It's Illustrator compatible, so I'd recommend that one for now for Illustrator users like me.

3/21/2020 2:34 pm  #54

Don't forget to send in your submissions for the Eastern Conference teams.  You have until tomorrow night!

Philly, NY, Boston, Quebec, Montreal and Halifax.

3/22/2020 2:09 pm  #55

We have a good amount of submissions for the Eastern Conference.  The two teams with the fewest are Halifax and Philadelphia.  So if you feel brave enough, that would be a great place to start.  I will say there are some really fun looks for the Eastern Conference.

3/22/2020 5:44 pm  #56

Looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with!

3/23/2020 9:07 am  #57

AltHL Fans and Contributors! 

We are officially in the Jersey Round of the AltHL process.  Follow the link to begin voting! 

https://forms.gle/f3ahkUcdYgYmHtT67

Don't forget that the Central Conference jersey submissions are due this week.  That's the...

Toronto Terriers
Minnesota Loons
Charlotte Racers
Denver Bighorns
Chicago Ghosts
Winnipeg Arrows

Last edited by Gritty (3/23/2020 9:08 am)

3/23/2020 10:37 am  #58

Man, these are all so good! I'm consistently blown away by the sheer quality of the submissions. Of them all, Halifax might have my favorites, but all six are just so good!

3/23/2020 7:27 pm  #59

Some general thoughts here.

Boston Rovers: These all went pretty simple, which was the right call here in my opinion.  Option B's use of a double green alternate definitely caught my eye!  All of these were really good though, hard to screw up green and white!

Montreal Chevaliers: This was pretty tough too to choose from!  Option A's lack of alternate was a disappointment, but I do like the no frills approach that jersey set has.  Very safe and effective!  I like that Option B makes good use of gray, red and gray is an under-utilized combo.  However, Option C's gray alternate is a high point for me.  I think it's because of that general design approach the whole set has.  The Chevaliers owner would be happy no matter what choice wins.

Quebec Owls: Holy heck, is Option A's set fantastic, (only main critique is the number font, which is fine, but not my personal favorite choice)!  A classy and conservative approach to the white and navy jerseys....followed by one of the zaniest alternates I've ever seen!  And I mean that in a nice way, as the creativity is through the roof.  The whole set sold me.  Don't get me wrong, B and C are very nice too, (and I do like the increased use of gray), no bad choices here for sure, (Option C's alternate is very old school, which is cool).

Halifax Kingfishers: Although I'm not convinced the diagonal lines and number font mesh with the old-school logo, Option B does look nice, particularly the white jersey with the white helmet (really surprised this was the only use of a white jersey to be honest).   Option A and C have a more traditional feel to them, really like the orange alternate for A. Have a feeling that no matter which set wins, Halifax will probably be an early pick in the owner's draft!

New York Gargoyles: I was a little surprised by how many yellow and gray combos there were in these sets!  Was expecting more black and yellow or black and gray combos.  I know it's an alternate, but I feel Option B's yellow jersey with black helmet and pants is the best out of all of these, and one of the best out of any jersey.  These were very creative!

Philadelphia Founders: Wow, what a tough choice!  Option A is more traditional looking, and I actually feel like it's flawless.  Excellent execution here!  Option B  took some risks with going more red dominant, which was unexpected and yet very striking.  Not gonna lie, I wasn't fond of the Founders name at first, but the logo and jersey sets (no matter who wins) have really pushed this team up the ladder for me!

Seriously awesome work here everyone!

3/23/2020 7:40 pm  #60

All the choices for New York were so good I had a very difficult time choosing! Lots of great ideas for every team!

Once a design choice is made for each team, will there be any kind of revision phase to tighten things up, make adjustments, etc? (keeping the design intact, of course) For instance, I really liked Option A for Montreal (not mine) for its simplicity but wished some things such as the drop shadow on the logo, dark color on the inner collar, and kerning and centering on the lettering and numbering could be improved.

Board footera